From the Profumum website!

Battito d'ali has notes of: cocoa powder, orange flowers, myrrh, vanilla
    Arso has notes of: cedar leaves, leather, incense, pine resin

See here for more info:
    http://www.profumum.com/parfumes.htm

Default Re: 2 New Fragrances by Profumum - Battito d'ali and Arso

Those both sound very nice.

Thanks for the link. I had never visited their site, and after reading the descriptions.............I want them all! Those descriptions are delightful!

Haven't tried them yet but am dying to!!

Recently I just tried Oxiana and Acqua e Nobilis. I didn't mind Acqua Nobilis too much, though it was a bit boring to me. Oxiana is a very interesting scent - somewhat barbershop? I don't know if I have it figured out yet.

Almost any Profumum fragrance lasts for days on fabrics. Has anyone figured out how concentrated the fragrance oil is in a Profumum EdP? They seem like parfums, in terms of density and longevity.

I received my samples of these today and am very disappointed. My initial impressions:

Arso - starts out woody and sweet, a la Duro or Aoud Musk, and then becomes smoky and darker during the drydown. It's nothing mind-blowing or original.

Battito d'ali - a less floral version of Santa Maria Novella's Vaniglia, with an underlying plastic note (which gradually disappears). A dry and powdery cocao accord becomes more evident towards the drydown.

All in all, not worth buying either of them. However, further testing is required.
    Last edited by Trebor; 10th March 2011 at 11:43 PM.

Anyone else tried these? They are both available now at LuckyScent. With Profumum I'm not always approaching thinking I will get an original fragrance after becoming familiar with their catalog. Some of their compositions are extremely unique (and actually a little bit too eccentric for my tastes - Oxiana, for one) but I like them for the quality of materials and construction.

They have some of the best gourmands - Acqua e Zucchero, Dulcis in Fundo... wonderful vetivers in Victrix, Fumidus, and Patchouly (which I do not like at all). These two look a lot more exciting, note-wise, than the last two releases (Oxiana and Aquae Nobilis).

Anthony, originality is not the main issue here - they simply don't excite or compel as some of their better releases. Even the less original releases are sometimes an improvement over their sources of inspiration but not this time.

Performance wise, Battito d'ali and Arso are closer to Oxiana and Acqua e Nobilis than the earlier releases. Arso doesn't last particularly long and Battito d'ali isn't as potent and long-lasting as some of their other vanilla renditions.

As I said before, I still need to test them more but, based on my personal experiences, it doesn't look good...

I have just picked this up, I have had compliments through the roof from women, asking what am i wearing, I love that it is an underground house still, and that their names are difficult to pronounce and spell for most people. as for the notes there are great and clean. quality clean scent on the Battito D' ali. I like making a cologne that is supposed to be feminine, Very masculine. The notes can sway either way. Im choosing to make it for men by enjoying it as such. This may be my new summer mixer. along with Creeds Virgin island water, and Varvatos Artisan Aqua.