Code of Conduct

Default Eny "gap" in my collection?

Hi guys. I`m quite satisfied with my collection. I think It`s perfect to own +/- 20 fragrances, so I can use most of them regulary. Do you think there is a gap in my collection to fill in with some new stuff? Enything missed? Maby a pure leather fragrance like REL? I`m not a fan of ultra sweet gourmands.

Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur
    Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire
    Frederic Malle Noir Epices
    Creed Bois du Portugal
    Creed Tabarome Millesime
    Creed Erolfa
    Creed Aventus
    Creed Silver Mountain Water
    Creed Himalaya
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Parfumerie Generale Corps et Ames
    Parfumerie Generale Querelle
    Parfumerie Generale Harmatan Noir
    Amouage Dia
    Divine L`homme Sage
    Michael Kors for men
    Penhaligon`s Opus 1870
    Frapin Caravelle Epicee
    Hermes Bel Ami
    Hermes Equipage

Default Re: Eny "gap" in my collection?

It seems like the only gap is probably in your wallet. LOL.

nothing incensy?
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzˇw

Quote Originally Posted by yrk View Post
    nothing incensy?
    I owned Epic once. I realy tried to like it, but I had to capitulate.. It was like atomic-power in my nose!

Are you kidding me????, I see too many blatant gaps in your wardrobe that are too many to list. Your collection is extremely focused and could I say, biased?
    Just for starters, not to be chauvinistic, but where in your collection are the american perfume houses represented?. R. Lauren, Halston, E. Arden, T. Ford, E Lauder, etc...?
    English houses like Floris, Crabtree & Evelyn, etc?
    Middle East hoses (besides Amuage) like Al Haramain, Ajmal, al rehab etc?
    Spanish houses like Loewe, Puig, Myrurgia?
    I see french, french and french and just a couple that are not french.
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 6th February 2011 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    Are you kidding me????, I see too many blatant gaps in your wardrobe that are too many to list. Your collection is extremely focused and could I say biased?
    Biased? Just because I don`t have more designers? Is it that you think? That`s because I find most of the niche-stuff on my list much more exciting than most of the designer stuff I have tried. Besides, I like to wear fragrances you wont find "everywhere" and on everyone. It`s nothing wrong with that, it`s just my personal oppinion to wear something unique. Something wrong with that? Actually, now I think YOU are biased..

Great collection! The only bias I see is Creed (!) - obviously, I am not in the Creed-loving party. Jokes aside, as you mention, if it were me, I would add a leather (Knize Ten is my favorite. Chanel Cuir de Russie second, but there's always Aramis as well). And a more straightforward floral (Insense, Troisieme homme, Chamade, though Cuir de Russie would cover both bases). And finally a good oud, meaning an Arabian oil.

But you must have already tried all of this ...

cacio

No gaps. A wonderful small collection IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Biased? Just because I don`t have more designers? Is it that you think?
    Nope, it is just ONE of your gaps.

If you want me to mention another, there it is:
    No 80's powerhouses like Quorum, Kouros, Lomani, Fendi Uomo, Krizia Uomo, One Man Show,Witness,
    Sung Homme, Salvador Dali pH etc.

Do you want me to mention another HUGE gap?, just ask.

BTW is "Any" not "Eny" and it is "Is that what you think" not "Is it that you think?"

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeCollector View Post
    Nope, it is just ONE of your gaps.

If you want me to mention another, there it is:
    No 80's powerhouses like Quorum, Kouros, Lomani, Fendi Uomo, Krizia Uomo, One Man Show,Witness,
    Sung Homme, Salvador Dali pH etc.

Do you want me to mention another HUGE gap?, just ask.

BTW is "Any" not "Eny" and it is "Is that what you think" not "Is it that you think?"
    well, sorry for my bad english but I`m Norwegian you know..;-)

Long live the Norwegians! Uffa meg! Don't worry about him. Tell him a bit about Kongetinn, hardanger, or lefse and he'll be aching to grow culturally.
    Given your nose and how quite a few fragrances seem to be too much, I think you've put together a pretty decent wardrobe. I would, however, recommend something distinctly Californian: Gendarme.

Edit: Size wise, your wardrobe is very practical, not wasteful like so many Yanks' closets.

Hilsen fra Vancouver, USA,
    Daryl J.

Didn't want to make fun of your english, I was trying to point it out to you so your english gets better, that's all. Sorry for trying to help, my apologies if it was taken as a mockery from my part.

Another gap?

Classics like Guerlain's Vetiver, 4711 Echt K÷lnisch Wasser, Acqua Classica Borsari, Astor, Moustache, Eau du Coq, Euchris, Knize Ten, Jicky, etc.

Do you want me to point out another gap????
    Last edited by PerfumeCollector; 6th February 2011 at 11:26 PM.

There are no Eaux de Cologne. You might want to try something like Eau du Coq.

That's a very strong arsenal...

maybe a Serge Lutens fragrance? =)

A classic citrus and a classic fougere.

Is it me or is PerfumeCollector all over people tonight??

Oslo: to be honest, I am not familiar/have never tried about half of your collection but of thos I have I really like them a lot. You have several of my favorites in there. In fact our tastes strike me as very similar so I'm going to make a point to try those you've listed.

As for possible suggestions (just a guess since our taste tend to run the same) Guerlein Derby. I'm not a huge leather fan but I really like that one, and you mentioned REL. Also, something along the lines of Cartier Santos Concentree and Rose 31 (masculine floral)

Thanks for many great suggestions! Some of them I have tried, some I have for swap, and some (most of them) are unfortunately inaccessible in my country. I will definetively check out some stuff on the list, especially Santos concentree. -And Daryl; "kos deg med lefse" ;-)

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

If you're 100% happy with your collection/wardrobe, then there's no gap at all regardless what others think. I suppose it all depends on what you intend to achieve with your collection... A masterpiece for each genre & subgenre of fragrance? A strong representative for certain styles? Or just a collection of fragrances you love to wear?

Personally, I find 2 major shortcomings in your collection:
    - too many creeds (7)!; 3 will do.
    - too many Parfumerie Generale.
    You can easily replace some of creeds with Serge Lutens or L'Artisan Parfumer, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Biased? Just because I don`t have more designers? Is it that you think? That`s because I find most of the niche-stuff on my list much more exciting than most of the designer stuff I have tried. Besides, I like to wear fragrances you wont find "everywhere" and on everyone. It`s nothing wrong with that, it`s just my personal opinion to wear something unique.
    I think your collection lacks a bit of historical perspective and old or very old classics. And by the way I understand your aspiration to smell "unique" but unless you wear something from Sephora's top 10 you will definitely wear something that less of 0.1% of the male population wears. Now you might find that it is still too common and might target 0.001% but I can guarantee you that with Habit Rouge, Antaeus or Opium Pour Homme you will smell unique. Even more unique if you are ready to test the waters with a very light application of pour femme marketed classics like Mitsouko, Bois des Iles or Shalimar.

Antaeus and Opium was favourites of mine some years ago. I have a on/off relationship with Habit Rouge. Smells nice, but difficult for me to wear.. This is the fragrance I always pay attention to, when I visit my local parfume-store.