Code of Conduct
    Banned

Arrow JPG Le Male or Cuba Gold

I have a 1oz bottle of cuba gold and a small smaple bottle of le male, i really like le male but cuba gold smells almost identical to me. although i dont have the sense of smell that an experienced frag head does, as i am very new to this wonderful world of frags. I am asking if other people will be able to tell the difference between the two, the differences in projection and longevity, and if it would be worth buying a bottle of le male.

Default Re: JPG Le Male or Cuba Gold

Although they might bear some similarities, IMO there's no comparison: JPG Le Male is much better made.

i like cuba better. but that's me. the it's got a soft lavendery vanilla tone on me after that initial blast of what ever it is it's just more.... (insert synoniym for good here) on me. i also find that le male had a buttload more sillage than cuba ( i love the sillage on le male. but the fragrence isn't something that i would wear on me. it changes completely and smells like crap) YMMV

Cuba Gold is not bad at all.
    Has Tobacco instead of Le Male's mint.

But off course Le Male is better.

A couple year ago before i started really getting into fragrances, i had 1 fragrance. Le Male. It was in my car and my car got broken into and it was stolen. I was devastated and it was then that i realized how much i care about fragrance.

I got Cuba Gold from Marshalls, and to make myself feel better, I kept telling myself that is just as good and stuff like that. I couldnt lie to myself anymore.

Although Cuba Gold is a good fragrance, Le Male is x1,000,000 times better IMO. Cuba Gold is to Le Male as Cool Water is to Green Irish Tweed

i feel so out numbered lol. i agree totaly with your statement about tabacco vs. mint. however, i like the tabacco smell. and personaly find a mint smell, cloying isn't the right word but it's the best one i can come up with lol. (i should have added this to my original assessment)

Marshalls had a PE360 big bottle for $16 on clearence. I sprayed 2 on the neck and one on the wrist to test it out and my initial thought were JPG right off the bat. Met up with my GF a hour later for lunch and she says...

"Mmmm, jean paul!"
    me: You like this one dont you babe?
    GF: Yea, its one of my favorites

Soooooo... I highly doubt other people will be able to tell the difference. Pick the one YOU like better. This is important

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    A couple year ago before i started really getting into fragrances, i had 1 fragrance. Le Male. It was in my car and my car got broken into and it was stolen. I was devastated and it was then that i realized how much i care about fragrance.

I got Cuba Gold from Marshalls, and to make myself feel better, I kept telling myself that is just as good and stuff like that. I couldnt lie to myself anymore.

[B]Although Cuba Gold is a good fragrance, Le Male is x1,000,000 times better IMO. Cuba Gold is to Le Male as Cool Water is to Green Irish Tweed
    [/B]
    Wow that is dead on sir, tyvm

Neither. I'll go with the Tsumura version of Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur.

Quote Originally Posted by flight567 View Post
    i feel so out numbered lol.
    Well, count me as one who likes Cuba Gold over Le Male. We're still outnumbered though.

Le Male has a strange dry down similar to Femme de Dandy (from D'Orsay, but reportedly also made by nose Francis K [can never remember how to spell his name]). And it's the dry down of both of these that I don't really care for. It reminds me much of the old roll-on Arrid XXtra Dry my mom used to wear when I was little. Just personal experience really, that influences my feelings about it.

Cuba Gold
    Le Male
    Jaipur Homme

All wonderful vanilla fragrances. I like vanilla.
    "Embrace those things which give you pleasure, after all, there is so much mediocrity to endure elsewhere." -- Inselaffe

While they're obviously the same style, they don't really smell that similar to me. Le Male is clearly the more sophisticated and complex scent. That said, Cuba Gold is the more wearable.

If you can find it, check out Ted Lapidus Altimar. It reminds me of a toned down Le Male or a more sophisticated Cuba Gold.
    Regards,
    Renato

PE 360 or Cuba Gold and with all the savings, you can bet your friends your not wearing JPG to double your money.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny19 View Post
    Cuba Gold is to Le Male as Cool Water is to Green Irish Tweed
    Yup, The far better, more enjoyable fragrane
    Smellin good

These two fragrances are very close in my opinion. I know a lot of old frag heads would argue otherwise but to the normal person no one would be able to tell the difference. I have smelled both and to be honest could not tell the difference between the two unless they were side by side on each arm. Get Cuba Gold, much better value for the money. I bought a 3.3 oz bottle for $7. As far as Le Male being x1,000,000 better I do not agree. It may be slightly better with more sillage but the price difference decimates that advantage. At $7 per 3.3oz you could refresh Cuba Gold every hour if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Cuba Gold is to Le Male as Cool Water is to Green Irish Tweed
    Exactly. Far superior to the pathetic, yet more expensive clone
    Smellin good

Basenotes Junkie

similar scent but le male is much better at it

lol@ "Cuba Gold is a good fragrance, Le Male is x1,000,000 times better IMO"

Obviously that is an exxageration, but just the idea that fragrance A is very similar to fragrance B, yet it is 1,000,000X better is just silly. lol I got Cuba Gold off a swap, and very rarely ever wear it, due to my insistence upon not smelling like everyone else. But when I do wear it, I think of I feel it's quite strong, but still fairly pleasant nonetheless. I think Lemale may be a little smoother, but they are both very similar.

Indeed, Le Male is worth the extra investment

Basenotes Junkie

if you really like the scent and will wear it often get le male. if this scent is not a must have then settle with cuba gold