Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Arabian Oud - Kalemat

I've tried Kalemat, if found it to be a more wearable slightly less complex version of Interlude Man by Amouage.

Quote Originally Posted by bgoc View Post
    Does anybody know if you can get Kalemat the original one from Arabian Oud in London?

I placed an order online today but don't see kalemat there so can ring tomorrow and add.
    When I was there in November, they had it in stock.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by benzganesh View Post
    I've tried Kalemat, if found it to be a more wearable slightly less complex version of Interlude Man by Amouage.
    Really ? Interlude has this level of sweetness ? I'm more exited to try it now.

And just to reiterate....lovers of Tobacco Vanille, Eav Des Bavx, and other similar scents, who are seeking something more dry, and more woody/spicy, will likely LOVE Kalemat.
    Currently wearing: Royal Mayfair by Creed

By the way, are we talking Kalemat or Kalemat Black here? The regular Kalemat is orange and the Black Kalemat is white (?!?). I have the Black Kalemat and it is like a lighter Interlude Man indeed...
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I bought Kalemat (Sehar) from Arabian OUD yesterday. The fragnance is great and long lasting. It is available in both spray form and oil form. I have found slight difference in both of them. The spray one is intense. I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by bf89ge View Post
    I bought Kalemat (Sehar) from Arabian OUD yesterday. The fragnance is great and long lasting. It is available in both spray form and oil form. I have found slight difference in both of them. The spray one is intense. I highly recommend it.
    Hi

How much did you get it for? I see alot of signage stating 50% off on Arabian Oud,

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Really ? Interlude has this level of sweetness ? I'm more exited to try it now.

And just to reiterate....lovers of Tobacco Vanille, Eav Des Bavx, and other similar scents, who are seeking something more dry, and more woody/spicy, will likely LOVE Kalemat.
    Thats what I got from sampling the original Kalemat. I thought, this reminds me of a Tobacco Vanille, without the Tobacco. I personally prefer Seher Al Kelemat... really, really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bf89ge View Post
    Is there oil also which is available ? I thought it only came in edp form?

would much prefer an oil over alcohol based edp! Any idea if or can be purchased online ?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

I've only seen Kalemat in spray form.

The flankers Kalemat Wood, Kalemat Musk, Kalemat Amber, and Kalemat Floral all come in 24 ml oil.
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès

I received my 'book' of Kalemat the other day. I was so impressed with this fragrance (and packaging too) that I immediately ordered Kalemat Black. Kalemat is a terrific fragrance at a terrific price! As noggs mentioned, Kalemat and Sehr El Kalemat (Black) are offered in EdP (100ml) while I believe the other flankers are all oils.

The Kalemat oil flankers are worth checking out.

In general, they have taken the core of the original Kalemat, simplified it, and added enough other ingredients to shift it towards the specific flanker concept. The flankers are simpler overall than the original, and different enough to warrant investigation.

My favorite is the Musk, followed by Wood. I'm not usually a fan of musk based fragrances, especially the lighter or laundry musk types. Kalemat Musk contains noticeable musk. The musk is on the lighter side but it does have a funky, animalic component. The oil is rather floral, especially in the beginning, and eventually a bit of vanilla comes in. It's not complex, and I find the musk, florals, and sweetness very well balanced. It just smells great to me.

Wood is my second favorite. While I own Musk, I haven't (yet) bought Wood. It's drier than any of the other Kalemats, which generally lean towards the sweeter vanilla and resins, especially in the base. The wood note in Wood smells like cedar to me, not too oily and astringent, but rather dry and airy. It nicely balances the other notes and adds a dimension missing in the original, which almost has a gourmand quality.

I've only tried Floral and Amber briefly. The guys at the shop are big on Floral and think it's the best of the flankers. It is definitely floral in the beginning, probably mainly jasmine, but unfortunately I don't know how it develops. It is worth a follow-up test. Amber was my least favorite, starting out with a spiky, lean kind of amber. Again, I only tested it briefly on paper and cannot say what it turns into later.
    Currently wearing: Équipage by Hermès