Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Vetiver 48 is Dead. Long Live Vetiver 48. Let's Talk About It.

I can't begin to express how annoyed I was that Creed discontinued Private Collection Tabarome when they did, so suddenly, and I didn't have a chance to acquire any-- all the stocks dried up so quickly that I was out of luck. I'm going to be bitter about it for a long time.

So now I guess it's true that Vetiver (1948) is being discontinued as well. I'm not 100% certain, but that seems to be the word on the street and in here and I don't see it in stock at the Creed Boutique or anywhere. Supposedly on backorder, but it's probably discontinued.

i'm luckier this time that I was with the Vintage Tab. I have a 95% full bottle of Vetiver 48 which should be enough. I love the soft subtle ashy grey feel of this scent. Luca Turin hates this scent and says it contains no vetiver to his nose.

Mitch Hedberg said of Sprite " They say the recipe for Sprite is lemon and lime, but I tried to make it at home and there's more to it than that. 'You want some more home made Sprite?' 'Not til you figure out what the f*ck else is in it!'"

That's kind of how I feel about Vetiver 48-- the listed notes are citrus, bergamot, ginger, vetiver, cedar, ambergris. But there's so much more to it than these notes, however I have no idea of what. A lot of times, my nose can get in the ballpark, but i have no idea what makes up the bulk of Vetiver 48. It's cold, grey and has a noticeable ashen ionone note, but that's just a small part of it. This is such a smooth, rounded scent that I honestly cannot detect much of what's going on.

Let's talk about Vetiver 48, what do you guys say?
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 7th February 2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Vetiver 48 is Dead. Long Live Vetiver 48. Let's Talk About It.

I'm with you on the Vintage Tabarome, though some very generous BN'ers have helped me obtain enough so I can wear it for special occasions for a little while now. I was very sad to see these beauties go - Angelique Encens, Vintage Tabarome, Cuir de Russie to name a few.

Vetiver '48 is definitely the barbershop type scent with quite a heavy soapy/ginger blast in the opening. I get lots of vetiver in the mix... absolutely... the notes are crafted around the soft (yet earthy) vetiver that is the theme of this fragrance. I'll be sad to see it go but won't feel the need to stock up on more than what I've owned. I admire how this fragrance is crafted but just have way too many other favorites in the vetiver genre - disproportionately so. This has never been a contender for my own personal Top Vetiver.

I agree that Vetiver 1948 is a wonderful Creed fragrance-pure class and easy to wear in almost any situation. It was the one that opened my nose to the Creed house. The NYC Boutique said last week it is discontinued and they would not say that if it was not true. Some vendors will have stock on hand but when it's gone, that's it. I tried to get a flacon but there were none to be had within the Creed / Neiman Marcus system. There could be a few flacons around somewhere. I'd buy one if I was pointed in the right direction. I absolutely smell vetiver in the blend but I'm delighted there is much more going on. Sillage and longevity are more than acceptable. It must have been a slow seller. They'll probably bring it back in 10 years as a retro fragrance.

Although the ship has sailed on Vintage Tabarome for now, perhaps Olivier and Erwin will surprise us in another 8 years and make a batch available. I wrote Olivier last month and I am hoping he'll go to the vault and pour off a flacon of VT to sell to me! It doesn't hurt to ask.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Luca Turin hates this scent and says it contains no vetiver to his nose.
    I haven't had the chance to try it, and looks like I never will. Why LT's opinion is even considered in what should be an honest discussion of the fragrance is beyond me.

Cool Re: Vetiver 48 is Dead. Long Live Vetiver 48. Let's Talk About It.

Too bad about the '48. To me it felt as if a wizard traveling through the forest had struck a large rock with his magic staff and said "Vettiver Come Forth!"

--Very refreshing and a pleasant mineral scent; especially in the summer--and it isn't (or I should say wasn't) even my favorite Vetiver, or my favorite Creed.

Discontinuing Vintage Tabarome without notice is insulting if not terribly surprising. Remember that old-fashioned gentleman's club with leather chairs, cigars and the finest Port?
    We often allude to it in The MDF. What fragrance would you wear there? Patou PH? or Vintage Tab, or . . . ?

Outside of our imagination however, there's not too many af those clubs around.
    Besides, as everyone knows, in the USA the upper class wears Old Spice

Well, Vintage Tab might not have not been Creed's top sellers but discontinuing it on such short notice is unforgivable,

May a plague of fake GIT paranoia strike strike them down!

Aargh,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Vetiver 48 is one of my favorite Creeds. To me, it is a "pick me up" fragrance. It brightens my day and feels classy at the same time. I get grassy vetiver and ginger as primary elements. And there is an effervescent/sparkling quality to the scent that makes it feel bright.

I am thankful to own this.

I was lucky enough to get one of the last flacons of this from the Creed boutique for like $230. Great stuff!
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Basenotes Institution

I never smelled it.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    I haven't had the chance to try it, and looks like I never will. Why LT's opinion is even considered in what should be an honest discussion of the fragrance is beyond me.
    Agree wholeheartedly with this. I thought his comments refered to the more recent 'Original Vetiver' anyway.

I love it and thanks to Martin on here, I was able to get a bottle from Parfumerie Nasreeen. It's an awesome smell for sure, shame on Creed for discontinuing it.

Vetiver 48 is a wonderful fragrance and lucky I still have a bottle of it.

Thanks for the replies, guys. (Mike P, I have a feeling you'll have a sample of Vetiver '48 soon enough! )

It was certainly frustrating the way they named this one "Vetiver" and then named the new one "Original Vetiver." The irony is that Original Vetiver isn't that original when you compare it to Mugler Cologne (though I think OV is an improvement on Mugler Cologne), and Vetiver (48) is one of the most "original" vetivers I've ever smelled.

Honestly, I'm not aware of any other scent out there like 48. Again, taking Creed at their word about the 1948 part( (which is difficult to do sometimes)-- this does precede Guerlain Vetiver, Carven Vetiver and most of the other vetivers I can think of by at least a decade. It doesn't appear to have been influenced by these vetivers. Nowadays when you look at the current crop of vetivers-- The Encre Noires, the Vetiver Tonkas, the Vettiverus-- they're pretty bold on the vetiver, but there seems to have been an evolution. Vetiver 48, whether it contains a lot of vetiver, a little vetiver, no vetiver, or a different kind of vetiver than most of us are familiar with-- seems to stand outside this whole vetiver parade, content with itself and its own origins.

It sounds weird, but I see this as an ancestor to scents like Prada Amber for Men-- Amber is very barbershoppy, with a soap and "easter basket" candy smell-- but the basenotes are built on a solid vetiver foundation. Sometimes I consider Prada Amber for Men to be a vetiver scent-- it's just those barbershop topnotes that deceive you at first. The way the vetiver is presented in Vetiver 48 is similar to my nose. Vetiver 48 also has something that reminds me of candy too-- it's like those little candy necklaces that used to be popular.

I find it to be almost a dirty/earthy scent too. It conjures up a very specific accord that I encounter sometimes. Sometimes when I pop into some urban gas-stations in "developing" neighborhoods, there is that smell of years of people smoking Newports that has just settled into the walls and foundations of the place-- similar to the way decades of burning incense will saturate a cathedral. Not to rekindle another thread that got hot recently, but I get this smell often wherever I go-- and it's oddly pleasant and comforting. Everytime I encounter this smell it reminds me of Vetiver 48. It's very grounding and yet narcotic.

Well, gotta get ready for work. Going with Vetiver 48 today. Have a good one!

I have some Vetiver '48 and knew it was on the ropes. The local Nieman did have some last time I inquired about it- but that's been at least a couple of months. I like it a lot, but not enough to pounce on the bottle they had at the time.

I find it to be one of the most "Creed-ish" Creeds. It very much channels the Mad Men office kind of vibe. I do like the soapiness and really like that heavy, slight sweetness (ambergris?) that shows up way into wearing it that I get from some of the older Creeds.

(I like IndieGuy's write up too)
    Last edited by StylinLA; 6th February 2011 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    Absolutely !.........I trust most of the experienced basenotes members skill and knowledge much more than I would ever trust LT.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Parfums Raffy still shows the 2.5 oz bottle in stock
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I agree it's a fantastic scent. Kind of a throwback barbershop vibe to it with a very mossy chypre type drydown. I feel lucky I got a flacon of it last year when CREED started their official online store. I should probably wear it more often.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I never smelled it.
    Me neither but being a fan of vetiver (& quite honestly because LT panned it) I want to smell it. I always headed straight for Original Vetiver - the bottle with the green glass bottom.

The discontinuation of several Creeds I love just makes me angry. (Vintage Tab & Angel.E. particularly)
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Do y'all feel Vetiver 1948 has poor sillage and longevity. I have been wearing mine all day (in honor of this thread) and could not smell it 3 hours after application. Or is it a frag that causes anosmia (sp)?

Quote Originally Posted by dnc View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly with this. I thought his comments refered to the more recent 'Original Vetiver' anyway.
    They're both in there, and both totally panned and rated one star. So same difference.

Anyway, I don't mean to derail this thread. Vetiver is a note that I have trouble with. Some I love, some I hate. I'll probably snag some should the opportunity arise!

It's one of the first Creeds I purchased. Still have quite a bit left in my 2.5 oz bottle. Very pleasant barbershoppy scent. Clean and classy. I love the old-line Creeds. Advice to basenoters who love the older models: buy them now. I've been told by a couple of Creed reps that several of the older ones will be discontinued soon. Today's ho-hum, just another Creed is tomorrow's valuable collector's item. And in the meantime, the scents are fine, fine stuff. Buy, wear, and enjoy while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    Do y'all feel Vetiver 1948 has poor sillage and longevity. I have been wearing mine all day (in honor of this thread) and could not smell it 3 hours after application. Or is it a frag that causes anosmia (sp)?
    I get outstanding longevity with all of the Millesimes-- the only Millesime that doesn't last as long as the others on my is Neroli Sauvage-- the rest go on forever, even Millesime Imperial, once I stopped overapplying it and giving myself olfactory fatigue.

I generally get pretty good longevity from the Creed EDTs, but not like the Millesimes. Vetiver 48 seems a little on the weak side, and it does seem to flame out early when you spray it on your arm, etc. But again, I've found that when I wear it on my chest it lasts a really long time.

This scent can admittedly be frustrating in the fact that the more you try to inhale it and take in the good stuff, the more it seems to become fleeting. There is a huge ionone note in this one, and I think iris/violet/ionone notes can cause fatigue quickly. I just can't get enough of this scent when I try really hard. Sometimes when I just relax and wear it and forget about it, I notice that it's still there a long time later.

One thing about Vetiver 48 is that it's very soft for a vetiver scent. Nowadays, most vetiver scents seem like an excuse to load up on iso-e-super (see Original Vetiver) for starters and then to accentuate the heavy wood nuances with other fixatives. Maybe the reason some people don't find this to have real vetiver is because it doesn't contain any/much of those other materials that are often used in modern perfumery which somehow contribute to what we've come to expect a vetiver to smell like.

One of the hallmarks of a nice Haitian Vetiver oil is in addition to an earthy, slightly woody base it has a lovely floral almost honeyed topnote canopy. I've worn straight uncut Haitian vetiver oil on my skin a few times and it was heavenly-- not as one dimensional as the vetiver notes are often played in many of the wood-hewn vetiver heavyweights of the perfume world. This delicate topnote is one of the aspects of vetiver that people don't seem to notice, they focus on the woody parts, but there are a lot of components that contribute to the aroma profile of vetiver--more than just vetiveryl acetate, etc. Turin also panned Le Labo's Vetiver 46 as not smelling like vetiver; a lot of people have panned Azzaro's Pure Vetiver for the same reason-- both of these scents contain, to my nose, this honeyed floral vetiver topnote accord, along with Creed Vetiver 48.

Well, it's a great one in my book. Too bad they're taking it away to make shelf space for Erwin's stuff (by the way, does Pierre Bourdon have a son who is also a perfumer? It would make a lot of sense if he did.)
    Last edited by Indie_Guy; 7th February 2011 at 04:26 AM. Reason: typo

I got an ant farm. Them fellas didn't grow shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsetspawn View Post
    I got an ant farm. Them fellas didn't grow shit.
    LOL. I loved Hedberg. My favorite joke of his was kind of a dud but I loved his delivery: "I was watching ESPN Classic. Some guy hit a foul ball and I was like, F*kin' CLASSIC!" lol.

LOL. I loved Hedberg. My favorite joke of his was kind of a dud but I loved his delivery: "I was watching ESPN Classic. Some guy hit a foul ball and I was like, F*kin' CLASSIC!" lol.
    "A severed foot makes the ultimate stocking stuffer."

Sorry for further derailment, but it's not every day on BN that one gets to share his favorite Hedberg lines.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    Vetiver 48 is one of my favorite Creeds. To me, it is a "pick me up" fragrance. It brightens my day and feels classy at the same time. I get grassy vetiver and ginger as primary elements. And there is an effervescent/sparkling quality to the scent that makes it feel bright.

I am thankful to own this.
    I agree this got me into vetiver and I am happy I have two bottles of it, this with vintage tabarome going by the wayside make me very sad because these two scents are some of the best they ever made but oh well I hope the new scents will be just as good or better.

great read..! thanks to the OP and other contributors for this thread.

Damn, I've missed this one. Let the excruciating hunt for Vetiver 48 begin. I don't suppose TPC has it.

Edit: yes they do. Already labeled as discontinued there. $8/ml. Awesome.

PS I love this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Justiniani View Post
    Too bad about the '48. To me it felt as if a wizard traveling through the forest had struck a large rock with his magic staff and said "Vettiver Come Forth!"
    I'm a big fan of "rocky" scents. Would anyone else describe it that way?
    Last edited by LiveJazz; 7th February 2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: typo
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Damn, I've missed this one. Let the excruciating hunt for Vetiver 48. I don't suppose TPC has it.

Edit: yes they do. Already labeled as discontinued there. $8/ml. Awesome.

PS I love this quote:

I'm a big fan of "rocky" scents. Would anyone else describe it that way?
    It's dry and mineralic.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I have a feeling Aventus was Erwin's eponymous debut with Creed, but I'm looking forward to seeing what he replaces Vetiver '48 with.

Mitch Hedberg was awesome!

Anyways, I'm glad I just got myself a bottle of '48. It's a blind buy for me but I've always wanted to try it seeing that OV is my signature scent, and of course now that its discontinued.

Thanks for the heads up guys, any later and I wouldn't of had a bottle.

Just bought the last two 2.5oz bottles in the entire Nordstrom company . Payed $130 a bottle after my discount. Our UPC for the flacon isn't even valid in the system anymore so I suppose that means that all the stock in Nordstrom is gone minus the few testers that might be floating around. I also called Neiman SF and they said they haven't had any for 6 months and that they believe the entire company is also out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabel View Post
    Just bought the last two 2.5oz bottles in the entire Nordstrom company . Payed $130 a bottle after my discount. Our UPC for the flacon isn't even valid in the system anymore so I suppose that means that all the stock in Nordstrom is gone minus the few testers that might be floating around. I also called Neiman SF and they said they haven't had any for 6 months and that they believe the entire company is also out.

Wow. That's just the weird thing about Creed. Once they decide to discontinue something, you'd better act FAST! I had planned on getting Vintage Tabarome for a while, and even when I heard they were going to discontinue it, I figured that was fair enough warning to think about getting a flacon. Nope. It was all gone so quickly.

Vetiver 48 is so mellow and beautiful. I really wish I could get the honest answer for why they 86'd it.

I'm not 100% certain, but that seems to be the word on the street...it's probably discontinued.
    Has anyone verified this information? If not, I guess we won't know for sure until the next bulk shipment comes in from France.

Wow. That's just the weird thing about Creed. Once they decide to discontinue something, you'd better act FAST! I had planned on getting Vintage Tabarome for a while, and even when I heard they were going to discontinue it, I figured that was fair enough warning to think about getting a flacon. Nope. It was all gone so quickly.

Vetiver 48 is so mellow and beautiful. I really wish I could get the honest answer for why they 86'd it.
    It's kind of old school scent to me Indie. I think it just didn't sell well. Just my theory: but the bottles that are being snatched up have probably been sitting around in those stores for a long time.

This is the best Vetiver 48 thread in the history of basenotes.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    It's kind of old school scent to me Indie. I think it just didn't sell well. Just my theory: but the bottles that are being snatched up have probably been sitting around in those stores for a long time.
    "Vintage" can be a liability in this case. I've sniffed old and not-so-old bottles of Vetiver 48, and I'm sorry to report that it seems to age fairly rapidly, and not in a good way. The newer bottle I tried had a lovely citrus top. My older bottle has little citrus, and overall seems to be going slightly bad. It was purchased at a legit, high-volume retailer too. Stored in a dark, cool cabinet. Damn.

Sorry to hear cologne guy. My Vet 48 is one of my oldest bottles. I'd say 10 years or more. The top notes aren't as strong, but I swear the base got stronger.

I always really liked it too. It's a shame I didn't give it more of a chance, apart from passing sniffs when I was shopping. But it did always strike as something that just flat out smelled GOOD. Too bad they're discontinuing this one, perhaps it just needed a bigger push as so many seem to like it?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Although I heard Vetiver 48 was discontinued last week (from the NYC Boutique and I believe they know the truth about something like this), a few Creed specialists I spoke with today are wondering if this is indeed a fact. We'll have to wait until there is (more) official word, I suppose. Why Creed would retire Vetiver is beyond me unless it just didn't sell. IMO, it is one of their better mens fragrances. If it is gone for now, Creed could decide to bring it back in another 5-10 years as a "heritage" fragrance of theirs in a limited run.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Although I heard Vetiver 48 was discontinued last week (from the NYC Boutique and I believe they know the truth about something like this), a few Creed specialists I spoke with today are wondering if this is indeed a fact. We'll have to wait until there is (more) official word, I suppose. Why Creed would retire Vetiver is beyond me unless it just didn't sell. IMO, it is one of their better mens fragrances. If it is gone for now, Creed could decide to bring it back in another 5-10 years as a "heritage" fragrance of theirs in a limited run.

Martin
    I suspect that it did not sell especially well, being eclipsed by Original Vetiver. When Creed advertised fragrances as Millesime or EDT, it seems to me that the EDTs (including Vetiver) were generally viewed as second-tier frragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    I suspect that it did not sell especially well, being eclipsed by Original Vetiver. When Creed advertised fragrances as Millesime or EDT, it seems to me that the EDTs (including Vetiver) were generally viewed as second-tier frragrances.
    I think Creed sells a lot more Original Vetiver than Vetiver 48. You will note that it is supported with shave soap, shower gel and deoderant. IMO, if you want a rough guide to the best selling Creeds, look at which they support with secondary grooming products.

I think Creed sells a lot more Original Vetiver than Vetiver 48. You will note that it is supported with shave soap, shower gel and deoderant. IMO, if you want a rough guide to the best selling Creeds, look at which they support with secondary grooming products.
    Agree.

Good point Stylin. For Creed's current buying demographic there must be considerable appeal of the modern sharpness of OV. Vetiver 1948, even though a total Creed classic IMO, is probably thought of by many today as too "old school." It would be interesting to know what percentage of Creed fragrances sold for men to wear are purchased by women for them. I just hope that future Creed releases for men are balanced between modern/ edgy and traditional style fragrances and not all pitched in the direction of OV (a mostly mundane and low cost aromachemical admixture, IMO).

Martin

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't want to be Buzzkill Buzzkillington, but my theory (unsupported by anything other than intuition) is that most of the current oldschool grey-cap Creeds are going to bite the dust in the next 10-15 yrs. If Aventus is any indicator of the direction the house is going in, they'll be shifting their entire inventory and marketing apparatus into a whole new generation of fragrances, probably sliding Green Irish Tweed, Neroli Sauvage, Bois du Portugal, Tabarome Milliseme, and EROLFA into 2.5 oz grey-caps. The discontinuations will be Royal Delight, Bois de Cedrat, Chevrefeuille, and Royal Scottish Lavender. If I were a top dog at Creed, I'd replace them with modern takes on lavender and vanilla, galbanum, oakmoss, and violet, something with lavender, citrus, and rosewood in the tradition of Zino Davidoff, and an aquatic that replicates the feel of a hard-water salmon stream in Ireland.

The other night I got Himalaya out and was thinking that it reminds me in some ways of Vetiver 48. The topnotes are different and Himalaya's got a sweet oriental heart, while Vetiver 48 goes into a buttery ashy direction, but "feel-wise", they kind of take me to the same place. (If you have both Vetiver 48 and Himalaya, here's an experiment you can do: remove the caps and sniff the nozzle for Vetiver 48 thoroughly-- then sniff the Himalaya. The pepper of Himalaya will jump out at you in startling clarity! Olfactory fatigue cancels out what the scents have in common and you are left with the remainder.)

In Turin's guide, he describes Himalaya as a pink-pepper concoction over-exposed by three stops, or something (too lazy to go grab my book and look up the exact words). I agree with this description, though overall I enjoy Himalaya. I find Vetiver has this same cool/cold. washed-out, watercolory smoothness-- I can't think of any other vetiver scent that has this levitating, blissed out feel. Vetiver 48 is a "shoegazer" vetiver scent in the same way that I also find Acier Aluminium to be a "vanilla sky" amber/vanilla. Both have a dreamy, loose, disconnected, relaxed feel that I haven't smelled in anything else, and they have no seams or sharp edges in their compositions. Vetiver 48 and Acier Aluminium are the epitome of mellow, with Vetiver being cool and Acier Aluminium being its warm sister.

Though I like Original Vetiver and receive compliments, it's one of the harder scents for me to wear. I like the way it smells, it's a sinus killer for me. I get a stuffy nose when I wear OV.

I really hope they don't phase out the EDT's-- I really like them. Also, I'd disagree with Turin's notion that Creed does the best when they stick to simple natural concepts and err when they move in the direction of synthetics/ experimentation. I mean what is Green Irish Tweed? It's definitely not something one can stumble upon with some oils bought from Whole Foods. Same goes for Acier Aluminium, most of the Millesimes and most likely Vetiver 48.

Still don't know what's really in Vetiver 48, but it's like a drug.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Vetiver 48 is a "shoegazer" vetiver scent in the same way that I also find Acier Aluminium to be a "vanilla sky" amber/vanilla. Both have a dreamy, loose, disconnected, relaxed feel that I haven't smelled in anything else, and they have no seams or sharp edges in their compositions. Vetiver 48 and Acier Aluminium are the epitome of mellow, with Vetiver being cool and Acier Aluminium being its warm sister.
    This is the first time I've ever read a description of two Creeds that made them sound like they could have been made by Chanel. It makes me want to try Acier Aluminium first when I get to the Creed boutique in NY.

Still don't know what's really in Vetiver 48, but it's like a drug.
    +1 ^^^

Just spoke with a Neiman SA from Las Vegas and she told me that they had ONE 2.5oz at their store and tracked down a few more in the Neiman system so if anyone is interested let me know and I can get you in contact with her.

theperfumehouse.com has several bottle in inventory as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post

Martin
    I was talking to an SA at Neiman's the other day and she said that Creed wasn't discontinuing it, rather they were pulling it off the shelves for the next 10yrs or so. How she came about this info/speculation, I dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hide & Reason View Post
    With all due respect, I have and wear both Vetiver 46 and Vetiver '48 and like them both, but there is no similarity.

Kinda referring to the names, though

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHarvard View Post
    I was talking to an SA at Neiman's the other day and she said that Creed wasn't discontinuing it, rather they were pulling it off the shelves for the next 10yrs or so. How she came about this info/speculation, I dont know.
    Well that would be a new one. Or would it? Maybe it would turn out they would pull it off the shelves for the next ten months or so instead.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHarvard View Post
    Interesting perspective, thanks John. If it will not be made or available for another 8-10 years what else could we call it other than discontinued? On hiatus?

Martin

Vetiver "48" which I am now certain was made by a professional perfumer in the 70s or 80s, as all other "classic" Creed scents, never "spoke" to me at all, on repeated attempts. It felt bland and incomplete to me. The good news for fans is, it still seems easily available in Germany, even at major retailers such as Douglas. So, pick on up instead of a cuckoo clock on your next Oktoberfest or Heidelberg visit .
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Quote Originally Posted by the_good_life View Post
    Vetiver "48" which I am now certain was made by a professional perfumer in the 70s or 80s, as all other "classic" Creed scents, never "spoke" to me at all, on repeated attempts. It felt bland and incomplete to me. (Edited)
    I'm curious about what evidence you found that has led you to the certainty about the origins of Vetiver 48 and other Creed fragrances? Care to expound a bit? Thanks,

Martin

Just got an email back from the Creed Boutique in NYC confirming that their Vetiver 1948 is in fact discontinued and will no longer be available.

For what it's worth, Lucky Scent is taking orders now for Vetiver 48 saying that it's backordered and it will ship in late March. I ordered a bottle and my credit card was charged. I doubt it's really gonna ship, but hey, what's the risk?

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...d/Vetiver.html

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNY View Post
    For what it's worth, Lucky Scent is taking orders now for Vetiver 48 saying that it's backordered and it will ship in late March. I ordered a bottle and my credit card was charged. I doubt it's really gonna ship, but hey, what's the risk?

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...d/Vetiver.html

I ordered from them last week when their site said it was "in stock." I even called to confirm it was in stock. A few days later I got an email saying it wasn't in stock and the order would remain pending until the next shipment. Next shipment came in and no Vetiver 48 was available so my order was cancelled.