Code of Conduct

Default Bored and feel like blind buying something cheap.. (Arpege vs Silver Scent)

I've narrowed down my choices to Arpege Pour Homme by Lanvin and Silver Scent by Bogart.

I enjoy sweet scents a lot and I've heard Arpege been compared to Givenchy Pi which I like (but not yet own) but the one thing I'm worried about is its the moderate sillage and poor longevity people commented about.

Silver Scent on the other hand has monstrous sillage and longevity (taken from reviews). But I recently bought Bogart PH and although I enjoy the scent, I don't like that old-vibe I get from it. There's an underlying smell in the scent that just reminds me of the 80's powerhouses. Can anyone tell me if Silver Scent also contains this distinctive smell??

Default Re: Bored and feel like blind buying something cheap.. (Arpege vs Silver Scent)

I haven't tried Silver Scent, but I have Arpege and although my skin eats fragrance, I don't have problems with longevity with a decent application.

It's also garnered me some unsolicited compliments, so if that's important to you give it a whirl. It's ridiculously cheap at the moment.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Bored and feel like blind buying something cheap.. (Arpege vs Silver Scent)

I would go with Arpege pour Homme. I personally have no problems with its sillage or longevity.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Arpege easy

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄««««« Çlïck ít ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Arpege pH is awesome. Projection for me kinda sucks, but it does do better on clothing when it holds the top notes longer. Gonna look for it next time I go to Marshall's, or TJM.

Thanks guys, went with the Arpege Homme. £9.99 for a 50ml delivered!

Oh no, too late!

I felt bored one day and bought Arpege after reading good reviews. It went back on E-bay pretty quickly, I have to say. Didn't do much for me, also disliked the cheap feeling bottle/top.

So, even though I don't know Silver Scent, I would have to pick it out of these too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Oh no, too late!

I felt bored one day and bought Arpege after reading good reviews. It went back on E-bay pretty quickly, I have to say. Didn't do much for me, also disliked the cheap feeling bottle/top.

So, even though I don't know Silver Scent, I would have to pick it out of these too.
    Hahahaha I laughed when I read the first line of your post.
    Oh well, too late now. How come you didn't like it? (apart from the cheap bottle)

Why is Arpege so cheap?.............is it maybe being discontinued ?....does anyone know for sure ? Thanks.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Just didn't agree with me. It's not horrid though. I do like quite a few sweet fragrances but this straight away wasn't for me.

Received plenty of good reviews though, so it might just be me.

A cheapo that I quite liked (so far, I've only smelled it once yet) was Celine Fever PH.

Arpege of the two but personally, I hit others at the dept store.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Silver Scent is great. Ultra modern. Green Grape at the opening, drying down to a velvety citrus that i find quite unique.
    Brutal lasting and sillage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Just didn't agree with me. It's not horrid though. I do like quite a few sweet fragrances but this straight away wasn't for me.

Received plenty of good reviews though, so it might just be me.

A cheapo that I quite liked (so far, I've only smelled it once yet) was Celine Fever PH.
    I don't mean to disrespect your tastes. But Fever is by far one of the worst fragrances I've ever smelled. It doesn't even smell like a fragrance. I used to own a bottle, I got a 1 oz for like 8 bucks somewhere. It smelled like paper, paper, and cardboard. I'd much rather smell like an orange creamsicle (Arpege pH) than a stack of paper.

Both are fine, but I would go with Arpege.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    I don't mean to disrespect your tastes. But Fever is by far one of the worst fragrances I've ever smelled. It doesn't even smell like a fragrance. I used to own a bottle, I got a 1 oz for like 8 bucks somewhere. It smelled like paper, paper, and cardboard. I'd much rather smell like an orange creamsicle (Arpege pH) than a stack of paper.
    Oh well, I quite enjoy it Liked it best out of somewhat similar incensey fragrances like Azzaro Visit, Zirh Ikon and Dirty English I was trying at the time.

Turns out I should have waited a bit longer before my purchase because I just won a 50ml Lancome Hypnose off eBay for £15...