View Poll Results: Are you a foodie?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 61.54%
  • No

30 38.46%

Default Are you a foodie?

I've always thought that a passion for fragrances goes hand in hand with a passion for food. The two seem to be closely related. So, do you...

- constantly seek out new and interesting cuisines/restaurants?
    - find yourself on cooks.com or allrecipes.com on a regular basis?
    - spend way more time at the supermarket/grocery store than you should, checking out new and interesting products?

My answer to all of the above would be yes. Are you also passionate about food?

Default Re: Are you a foodie?

Absolutely, I love trying new foods and going new places. I especially like going to foreign supermarkets abroad to see which foods they get there which we don't get here.

Lol you just described my life haha. As a huge gourmand lover over here I would have to absolutely agree with you as well. I am a huge foodie almost to an extreme I'm one of those people thats always looking for new foods to try, I find it as an art just like perfumery. Yes I do take a lot of food pics and post them on my instagram which some of my friends find annoying lol. Trying new Ethnic foods is amazing, I would have to say thai food is my fav. The spices they use in their foods always amazes me, love red curry. I drive pretty far out of my way to try new restaurants and ones i love. Always trying out different farmers markets since I try to only eat organic when me or my wife are cooking at home.

oh man this thread just made me hungry

Nope, but my partner is. Personally I think that preparing food should never take up more time than eating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    Nope, but my partner is. Personally I think that preparing food should never take up more time than eating it.
    hmm now preparing is a whole other thing! I love eating food but hate preparing it :/

Not really, my other passion is high end clothing which i think goes more with fragrances than food.
    Top 5 current fragrances:

1. Creed Cedre Blanc
    2. Tom Ford Costa Azzurra
    3. Bond no 9 Montauk
    4. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    5. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino

Food, wine, cigars, fragrances--la dolce vita.

Quote Originally Posted by cc1987 View Post
    hmm now preparing is a whole other thing! I love eating food but hate preparing it :/
    I love both. I just hate doing dishes!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    I love both. I just hate doing dishes!
    Who does the dishes in your house?

1. Creed Cedre Blanc
    3. Bond no 9 Montauk

Quote Originally Posted by sophisticatedscent View Post
    In that order?

1. Creed Cedre Blanc
    3. Bond no 9 Montauk

Not really.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

+1 cigars

Couldn't agree more with this list & shoes of course!!

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    ISo, do you...

- constantly seek out new and interesting cuisines/restaurants?
    - find yourself on cooks.com or allrecipes.com on a regular basis?
    - spend way more time at the supermarket/grocery store than you should, checking out new and interesting products?

My answer to all of the above would be yes. Are you also passionate about food?
    I know how to make good food, but what I'm passionate about is having other people cook it, telling me when it's ready, then devouring it and moving on to something else. My girlfriend's daughter has a friend who spends some time over here cooking. He's a hell of a lot better at making a mess than he is at cleaning it up properly. Among other things, due to his lack of finesse it makes me wonder about his personal hygiene and what kind of crappy lover he probably is. If you cook then you oughta know how to clean it up. My girlfriend used to be a chef at a fancy restaurant, and this has nothing to do with anyone here, but I think most people who go on about how much they like to cook, especially when they call themselves "foodies", should probably shampoo my crotch. :-)
    Last edited by pluran; 27th August 2014 at 12:58 PM.

Yes love watching food channel or visiting new delicacies...
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

Yes, most definitely.

I love eating (I'll leave that out there)

I meant to post a link (D'oh) to an article I read recently where a famous chef and perfumer have collaborated on a new fragrance.. There is a palpable link, yes.

My fiancé and I are always on the hunt for new and exciting restaurants!

Yes, also keen on some of the gourmand fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Rüssel View Post
    The trouble with me is, I never plan ahead. I start cooking when I'm hungry. By the time I've finished cooking, I'm ravenous. So yes, cooking for 60 minutes, eating for 10 minutes, washing up for 20 minutes, works out as a very poor effort/reward equation!

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by rollzst View Post
    Not really, my other passion is high end clothing which i think goes more with fragrances than food.
    ^^ Thats me as well

That and SPORRRRRRTS!

Hell yes. Pizza, Thai, Vietnamese etc etc...... Where is my sandwhich?
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?

Nope, but I am a bit of a beer & coffee snob.
    Madhat Scents - My personal limited run artisan perfume project.

*** NEW Lavhim (Lavender, Incense, Candle Wax, Clove, Fir Needles, Cognac & Green Leaves)*** / Jour et la Nuit (17/18th Century Style Chypre - Oakmoss/Resins/Musk/Vintage Civet Tincture.)

Love to eat & cook - sort of a cleanliness freak in the kitchen too, never will let my fiancé, sis or mom in when I cook; only 2 that dare come in are my niece & nephew. Food channel nowadays is just marketing than pure cooking / recipe show, used to love the early 2000's when random channels used to have a real chef cooking their specialities...

While I don't browse too much for recipes, what I do is search for spices used in diff cuisines that I would like to incorporate in my own...

Yes, yes, yes! The one thing that can compete with my love of fragrances is my love of food.

Interestingly, I'm not a foodie, but even though I'm mostly a light drinker, I am a beer connoisseur. And I say light drinker, not to be mistaken with being a light beer drinker. Light beer is not beer, and the mass produced watered down stuff like Bud/Coors/Miller barely qualifies as beer. The easiest way to know how low quality that stuff is is to watch the ads. Notice how they don't even bother talking about how it tastes anymore? Instead, they talk about how cold it gets. Sheesh. For me, when it comes to beer, the darker and richer, the better!!!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Not really.

I like to think that I am a foodie, but in reality I usually don't go too far outside my comfort zone. I am quite a bit more adventurous than my wife and kids, so that severely limits my ability to try new things.

A lot of the things I love to partake in are centered around the senses of both smell and taste: food (both cooking and eating), wine, Scotch, cigars, pipe tobacco and, of course, fragrances.

I'm constantly on the look out for new and interesting foods, but I'm not I'm not a foodie on the level I'm a fumie. I know people who spend hundreds on a single meal out at a famous restaurant, go on whole vacations centered around trying the food, etc. I'm just not on that level with food the way I am with perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Interestingly, I'm not a foodie, but even though I'm mostly a light drinker, I am a beer connoisseur.
    I guess I am a beer snob as well.

But my other passions are photography (you think frags are expensive? Try lenses...), motorsport and salsa dancing.

Not really food.

No. Steak and potatoes, burgers and fries, etc.

Huge beer snob here as well, and a big time sneakerhead have a huge collection

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    No. Steak and potatoes, burgers and fries, etc.
    This.

I don't go hi-fi with food, but I've been a member of Slow Food from mid '90's

-Mark
    Using Tapatalk

Food, Cigars, Tequila, Clothing

Basenotes Plus

I used to be, big time, yeah. I would buy loads of books on different cuisines and try to recreate dishes at home. I would regularly cook big Persian style feasts and invite family and friends over. I even grew my own mint on the terrace after learning how to make world class mojitos.

Then I had two kids, one quickly after the other. Now, I make maybe a total of five dishes - porridge, meatballs and spaghetti, home made pesto, roast chicken, and a Sicilian fish dish - but mostly on weekends. That's it. During the week, we survive on cheese, fruit, and cereal, I swear to God. But in my soul, I am still a foodie and am dying to get back to cooking just for the pleasure of it. My contract is ending tomorrow after fifteen years, so I guess I will have the time now to get back into it. Looking forward to that actually!

(Also: looking forward to someday reading a book again. But no need to get too ambitious, right?)
    “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
    ― Edgar Allan Poe

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Interestingly, I'm not a foodie, but even though I'm mostly a light drinker, I am a beer connoisseur. And I say light drinker, not to be mistaken with being a light beer drinker. Light beer is not beer, and the mass produced watered down stuff like Bud/Coors/Miller barely qualifies as beer. The easiest way to know how low quality that stuff is is to watch the ads. Notice how they don't even bother talking about how it tastes anymore? Instead, they talk about how cold it gets. Sheesh. For me, when it comes to beer, the darker and richer, the better!!!

^ Two of my favorites ^

And to answer the OP, i voted "No".
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 28th August 2014 at 09:11 AM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Microbrew only here any other beer connoisseurs out there please do yourself a favor and take a visit at the micro breweries we got here in NorCal . If you like super hoppy IPA you will be in beer heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I meant to post a link (D'oh) to an article I read recently where a famous chef and perfumer have collaborated on a new fragrance..
    Was that fragrance Hermèssence Épice Marine, by any chance?

In my case, no - I have no (in any way comparable) passion for food.

Much of what we perceive as taste actually comes from smell. Most often if your smell is impaired, your taste will be too, so of course taste and smell go hand in hand. I'm a foodie, but not a glutton. Everything in moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by aphexacid View Post
    My fiancé and I are always on the hunt for new and exciting restaurants!
    this!
    There's ice on the sink where we bathe ....So how can you call this a home.... When you know it's a grave

I find eating a inevitable pain in the a** so my answer is No i'm not a foodie.
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Basenotes Plus

As with shopping for fragrances, going to a fine restaurant is one of life's joys
    Seasonal rotation:

Santal Imperial
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed
    Original Santal
    Prada Amber PH

Basenotes Plus

Yes I am. I'm a head sushi chef.

I noticed lately, that when I'm creating one of those "off the menu" or "just for you" kind of special dishes for customers, I'm thinking in top-middle-base. Hmm...

I also love fine cigars, espressos(hand tamped), aaaand good beer.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Poohdini View Post
    Microbrew only here any other beer connoisseurs out there please do yourself a favor and take a visit at the micro breweries we got here in NorCal . If you like super hoppy IPA you will be in beer heaven!
    Dogfish head makes my favorite IPA
    Seasonal rotation:

Santal Imperial
    Ambre Topkapi
    Rose 31
    Green Irish Tweed
    Original Santal
    Prada Amber PH

No not at all... I enjoy a good meal... Just not a foodie...

hard to say.. Certainly I enjoy a lot of food, but my body doesnt not. So thus I stick with eating chicken pretty much all day everyday lol.

Definetely yes.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    I know how to make good food, but what I'm passionate about is having other people cook it, telling me when it's ready, then devouring it and moving on to something else. My girlfriend's daughter has a friend who spends some time over here cooking. He's a hell of a lot better at making a mess than he is at cleaning it up properly. Among other things, due to his lack of finesse it makes me wonder about his personal hygiene and what kind of crappy lover he probably is. If you cook then you oughta know how to clean it up. My girlfriend used to be a chef at a fancy restaurant, and this has nothing to do with anyone here, but I think most people who go on about how much they like to cook, especially when they call themselves "foodies", should probably shampoo my crotch. :-)
    WHAT?
    That sounds strange

Definitely. Whenever McDonalds releases and new burger that's only available for a limited time I'm all over it
    Just say no to oniomania.

Yes, and as an Asian, I also stereotypically take photos of fine looking dishes and share them on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Preston H View Post
    Dogfish head makes my favorite IPA
    I Love their 90 minute IPA. Looks like I might have to fly out to the east coast to try their 120 minute IPA, very hard to find over here in Cali lol

I'm a foodie and I love trying new things, especially when on holiday.

Not at all.

I do like beer and gin though. And football (or soccer to some of you)