Code of Conduct

Default Dior's Fahrenhiet VS Metal jeans man by beverly hills 90210

Let me start out by saying that I am not a huge fan of wearing or buying fragrances that smell identical to another fragrance brand but I do feel there is a few exceptions to the rule if they are done right and the price is right. Metal Jeans man is one of them. I have mentioned in my other thread my dislikes with the current formula of Dior's Fahrentheit. I was browsing my local Tj maxx the other day and noticed Metal Jeans sitting on the shelf and decided to give it a whiff. I didn't spray it only smelled it from the nozzle and immediately thought my gosh this smells like Fahrenheit. Walked around a few minutes and on the way out tested it out on my skin. Got in the car and on the way home this beautiful cloud of warm violet leaf and honeysuckle just filled my car. Hours later sitting in my chair relaxing I get a whiff of this fragrance projecting like a beast and smelling so rich, so pure, so Fahrenheit only Vintage Fahrenheit to what my mind can recall. I wrestled for two days about going and buying this and finally made my mind up and bought it and I am so glad I did. As soon as I got home last night I did a side by side comparison of a sample of the current fahrenheit and metal Jeans. The top notes at the top on both fragrance are absolutely identical I mean spot on the same. After about 10 minutes the current Fahrenheit seems to venture off into the herbal black pepper note people talk about on here and starts lose its wings alittle but the metal jeans remains strong,warm, and rich. One thing that bugged me about the current Fahrenheit was that the top notes did not have that dirty rich flavor the vintage had. Anyway, Needless to say 3 hours later the new formula of Fahrenheit was completely gone but Metal jeans was still kicking and smelling great. As of today before I started this thread I wanted to give this a full wearing to let you guys know how it turned out and it turned out great. I did about 6-8 sprays acouple on my chest,inner elbows, and behind my neck. I have to say everything about Metal Jeans screams Vintage Fahrenheit. This is what I remember Fahrenheit smelling like. I am very happy I bought this and happy I have it in my collection. I stated in my other thread I would not pay 10.00 for the current formula of Fahrenheit and rightly so when you can get Metal jeans for around that price. My question is if a company like beverly hills can put out a scent that matches the vintage Fahrenheit why can't Dior? I think Shamu1 and bigsley have talked alot about how imitation fragrance outlasting the originals and I think they make a good point. If there is any fellow basenoters who own or have sniffed this can you comment and see if my nose is right by comparing this to the vintage Fahrenheit? If you ever come across this and love Fahrenheit don't be afraid to buy it. I think you will highly enjoy it. Thank you

Default Re: Dior's Fahrenhiet VS Metal jeans man by beverly hills 90210

IMO, Dior Fahrenheit is the best designer scent on the market today together with Chanel Egoiste and Cartier Declaration.

I have never smelled Cartier Declaration but I have Platinum by Chanel Egoiste. Is Platinum different than the original?

IMO Doro Fahrenheit is one of the best designer scents out there.

Dependent

I just bought a Fahrenheit knockoff called "New Brand Exceed" -- definitely more synthetic/cheaper than vintage Fahrenheit, but has a nicely indolic jasmine accord.

Interesting... Vintage fahrenhiet is a classic and one of my favorites. Ill have to keep my eye out for this one.

It is a classic vintage or non-vintage those daring days of house Dior are long gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
    I just bought a Fahrenheit knockoff called "New Brand Exceed" -- definitely more synthetic/cheaper than vintage Fahrenheit, but has a nicely indolic jasmine accord.
    I believe I have tested that one before while vacationing its very nice as well . Let me ask you if someone says to you that you smell good what is that Fahrenheit? Do you say yes? or do you say no its a knock off? or call it the original name? How do you respond when asked?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    It is a classic vintage or non-vintage those daring days of house Dior are long gone.
    Agreed

Is this really the case with Metal Jeans? I'm new to the fragrance game but really like the current version of Fahrenheit. Have read so many glowing reviews of the original formula but it's not easy to come by and I have nothing to compare it too. But this review and the online price tag definitely have me interested.

They sell those knockoffs at TJ Maxx?

The current fahrenheit isnt bad at all like some say and IMO the heart of the fragrance is still there. Ive got all the formulations (unless it was /will be reformulated again this year). The original bottle i have from 87 smells different from the current but not by too much. To me the difference is that the original smells a bit darker. The current one does smell like a summer or lighter version of the original. Ive been wearing the current formulation a lot for the past few weeks, in part because I have soo much of the vintage juice so I can be more free with the current, buut also because it smells GREAT...just not as good as the first 3 forumlations. Anyway im curious about metal jeans. If it smells like the vintage then i may pick up a bottle
    http://www.youtube.com/jimihendrix1117

*Peace and Happiness*

If you do pick it up please post back with your thoughts. I live in Toronto so I'd have to order online and like I said I'm a rookie and would have nothing vintage to compare it too anyway.

I bought Metal Jeans, and it smells awesome. Also I have tried 2 other Fahrenheit knockoffs one was called Firenight and it was not great, but it was more like the current formulation. The other is from Dorall called Red Hot Wild and it smells about like Metal Jeans but it's weaker.

Huh? Metal Jeans smells like Fahrenheit? Metal Jeans has no violet. No leather. I'm confused.

I shall give Metal Jeans a try!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Huh? Metal Jeans smells like Fahrenheit? Metal Jeans has no violet. No leather. I'm confused.
    It can happen even with no similar notes.

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    Are you thinking of Versace Metal Jeans? The one we're talking about is a cheapie 90210 television series frag.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller=

Dependent

The TJ Maxx's near me suck. I wish they had this and Yardley Citrus & Wood.

90210 lastandfury

Quote Originally Posted by lustandfury View Post
    Are you thinking of Versace Metal Jeans? The one we're talking about is a cheapie 90210 television series frag.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...F8&me=&seller=
    D'OH!!!!! Thanks!

Default 90210 Metal jeans

it really is a great alternative to Fahrenheit. It's unbelievable really

Default Re: 90210 Metal jeans

Ok I'll have to order a bottle if I can't find it up here in Toronto. The price is just too good...

Yes, it does smell quite a bit like earlier versions of Fahrenheit, but much less potent.

I do not know anything about the Beverly Hills 90210 scent, but almost at any price, both Fahrenheit and Metal Jeans would be great buys for me, since they both offer, in different ways, very good value for money.

Anyone else tried this one? Beverly Hills 90210 Metal Jeans?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    Let me start out by saying that I am not a huge fan of wearing or buying fragrances that smell identical to another fragrance brand but I do feel there is a few exceptions to the rule if they are done right and the price is right. Metal Jeans man is one of them.

I have mentioned in my other thread my dislikes with the current formula of Dior's Fahrentheit. I was browsing my local Tj maxx the other day and noticed Metal Jeans sitting on the shelf and decided to give it a whiff. I didn't spray it only smelled it from the nozzle and immediately thought my gosh this smells like Fahrenheit. Walked around a few minutes and on the way out tested it out on my skin. Got in the car and on the way home this beautiful cloud of warm violet leaf and honeysuckle just filled my car.

Hours later sitting in my chair relaxing I get a whiff of this fragrance projecting like a beast and smelling so rich, so pure, so Fahrenheit only Vintage Fahrenheit to what my mind can recall.

I wrestled for two days about going and buying this and finally made my mind up and bought it and I am so glad I did. As soon as I got home last night I did a side by side comparison of a sample of the current fahrenheit and metal Jeans. The top notes at the top on both fragrance are absolutely identical I mean spot on the same. After about 10 minutes the current Fahrenheit seems to venture off into the herbal black pepper note people talk about on here and starts lose its wings alittle but the metal jeans remains strong,warm, and rich.

One thing that bugged me about the current Fahrenheit was that the top notes did not have that dirty rich flavor the vintage had. Anyway, Needless to say 3 hours later the new formula of Fahrenheit was completely gone but Metal jeans was still kicking and smelling great. As of today before I started this thread I wanted to give this a full wearing to let you guys know how it turned out and it turned out great. I did about 6-8 sprays acouple on my chest,inner elbows, and behind my neck.

I have to say everything about Metal Jeans screams Vintage Fahrenheit. This is what I remember Fahrenheit smelling like. I am very happy I bought this and happy I have it in my collection. I stated in my other thread I would not pay 10.00 for the current formula of Fahrenheit and rightly so when you can get Metal jeans for around that price.

My question is if a company like beverly hills can put out a scent that matches the vintage Fahrenheit why can't Dior? I think Shamu1 and bigsley have talked alot about how imitation fragrance outlasting the originals and I think they make a good point. If there is any fellow basenoters who own or have sniffed this can you comment and see if my nose is right by comparing this to the vintage Fahrenheit?

If you ever come across this and love Fahrenheit don't be afraid to buy it. I think you will highly enjoy it. Thank you
    I broke your post into paragraphs to make it easier to read. Paragraphs are our friends.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Coming back to this, I just received my bottle of Metal Jeans and OMG, it's vintage Fahrenheit to the tee! When I just sprayed it on it was like the very first time I smelled Fahrenheit and took me back. Absolutely amazing. I will be buying all the stock I can find!

Quote Originally Posted by MFM View Post
    Coming back to this, I just received my bottle of Metal Jeans and OMG, it's vintage Fahrenheit to the tee! When I just sprayed it on it was like the very first time I smelled Fahrenheit and took me back. Absolutely amazing. I will be buying all the stock I can find!
    Interesting, I may actually give this a try if its that similar.

I've just ordered another 4 bottles from abroad dirt cheap as it seems it's not that readily available. Better stock up.

I've just ordered another 4 bottles from abroad dirt cheap as it seems it's not that readily available. Better stock up.
    How come it is so cheap compared to the original fahrenheit? :/

It is a Beverly Hills fragrance for god sake. Lol. Not something I'll ever admit to wearing, so I'll just lie and say it's vintage Fahrenheit!

Saying that, I've got a 100ml bottle of vintage Fahrenheit aftershave spray I'd like to get rid of but don't know how to post a for sale add.

It is a Beverly Hills fragrance for god sake. Lol. Not something I'll ever admit to wearing, so I'll just lie and say it's vintage Fahrenheit!

Saying that, I've got a 100ml bottle of vintage Fahrenheit aftershave spray I'd like to get rid of but don't know how to post a for sale add.
    You just post it in the forsale section