Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Creed lot numbers...SOLVED!

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    4 oz Millesime Imperial

Purchased from Creed Boutique NYC

A3310BO1

Nice research!
    Just wanted to add what I can to this thread.

I received a 4 oz bottle of MI for Christmas in 2012 and the LOT number on the lower back of the bottle and on the sticker on the bottom of the box is:

A3311ZO2

Last edited by david black; 28th January 2013 at 12:39 PM.

amazing

so what is

A42B12J01

Thanks you for your help

Good find.

Quote Originally Posted by joeaujla View Post
    amazing

so what is

A42B12J01

Thanks you for your help
    Aventus, 2012 batch.
    Basenotes sales: Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...Ess-de-Cerruti

Offsite sales: Collectible CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome Private Collection, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Pure White Cologne, Vetiver Geranium, Himalaya & other Basenotes favorites (Xerjoff Uden, Spicebomb, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Artisan Batucada, L'Essence de Cerruti) http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    Aventus, 2012 batch.
    Thanks is that a good batch?

Thank you JohnHarvard.
    Very informative thread to me.
    Nice.

Question Re: Creed lot numbers...SOLVED!

I know this is an old thread, but I hope someone is still listening!

Well, I'm trying to buy some Fleurissimo for my mother, wonderful scent... But I'm trying to buy it for a sizeable discount... Prepare to roll your eyes... The online eBay seller is supposed to be reputable (99.9% positive f/back, 10 years' trading etc) but when I asked for the lot number off the bottom of the Creed packaging, they gave me the response "A1/1DO8". Eh??

When I asked them to confirm they had the right code, they said yes and that this depends on the country where the frag is produced, though they coudn't tell me where - or when - it was made. I thought it was supposed to be pure alphanumerics and at least 8 digits long... Any ideas what this is all about?

Any help appreciated!

Perhaps they misread the code.

If you look at the first page, original post with the information on how to decipher Creed lot numbers,

"A1/" may actually be A17 = Fleurissimo

Then there is probably a missing or misread number to correspond to the year of production (perhaps 2011 to match the "?1").

Then D08 is the rest of the lot number which indicates the particular batch produced in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Maque View Post
    Perhaps they misread the code.

If you look at the first page, original post with the information on how to decipher Creed lot numbers,

"A1/" may actually be A17 = Fleurissimo

Then there is probably a missing or misread number to correspond to the year of production (perhaps 2011 to match the "?1").

Then D08 is the rest of the lot number which indicates the particular batch produced in 2011.

That's just it: when I queried it, they replied confirming the above code. I too thought they had misread the thing. Oh well, they're probably fudging, don't want to reveal the frag is from 2011 or summat; can't be coincidence that the missing digit is from the production year bit of the code.

They're selling the Fleurissimo for £92 a 75ml bottle - it's normally at least 50% more over here in the UK. There goes my mother's prezzie...

Quote Originally Posted by morningster View Post
    That's just it: when I queried it, they replied confirming the above code. I too thought they had misread the thing. Oh well, they're probably fudging, don't want to reveal the frag is from 2011 or summat; can't be coincidence that the missing digit is from the production year bit of the code.

They're selling the Fleurissimo for £92 a 75ml bottle - it's normally at least 50% more over here in the UK. There goes my mother's prezzie...
    I doubt it's fake.

Do you guys know Where I can purchase an Aventus Z01 batch in the flacon size?

Hi John.. & fellow Creed lovers naturally! I know this is an old thread, but if you're still around these boards and au fait with Creed's apparently shifting lot numbering methods, perhaps you might be able to help me. I bought some Creed Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie from BeautyEncounter.com and the lot number is only 5 chacacters long, being "S1P05", this preceded by "toilet water pgs". It's one of these Arabic-market-oriented versions (folded box insert all in Arabic etc). Nothing is etched on the bottle itself, the number is printed onto the base of bottle and box. Product packaging/ bottle seems legit - though I haven't yet checked the juice itself.

Any idea what that's all about? (emailed BE, still waiting on response.)
    Last edited by morningster; 22nd April 2014 at 09:49 PM.

Hello? Anyone there? Would still appreciate some input re my odd S1P05 lot number for Jasmin Imperatrice E. Would have imagined that this unusually truncated alphanumeric would have elicited a little interest on this board?

^ I've read posts on fake Aventus where 'toilet water pgs' was mentioned. Should verify authenticity or return it.

I have recently purchased Vetiver 1948 Lot C223A08 and Green Valley Lot CH1W05. Creed's numbering system is a little all over the place but:

If the Lot # has 3 letters, or is more than 7 characters long, then the year is usually the 4th & 5th or 5th & 6th character. The year is usually in the middle of the Lot # and followed by a single letter (last letter) e.g. A42B12E02.

If the Lot # has 2 letters, then the year is the last two characters. Usually a single letter followed by two numbers (last letter) e.g. CH1W05, C223A08.
    Last edited by a5m; 1st May 2014 at 07:00 PM.

My 2.5 oz GIT has a lot number - A3213Q01

Nice find mate. Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by a5m View Post
    ^ I've read posts on fake Aventus where 'toilet water pgs' was mentioned. Should verify authenticity or return it.

I have recently purchased Vetiver 1948 Lot C223A08 and Green Valley Lot CH1W05. Creed's numbering system is a little all over the place but:

If the Lot # has 3 letters, or is more than 7 characters long, then the year is usually the 4th & 5th or 5th & 6th character. The year is usually in the middle of the Lot # and followed by a single letter (last letter) e.g. A42B12E02.

If the Lot # has 2 letters, then the year is the last two characters. Usually a single letter followed by two numbers (last letter) e.g. CH1W05, C223A08.
    Thank you for your reply. Finally. Was beginning to wonder if people had got fed up with Creed and gone elsewhere. (Understandable if you've had enough of trying to sort the fake from the legit stuff off the grey market.)

Whoah. So you're saying that the supposedly reputable Beauty Encounter, who "guarantee authenticity and freshness", have sold me a dud? It's either fake or 9 years old or both?

That might explain why they don't respond to my emails. I even mailed their CEO, Jacquelyn Tran, but either I've got the wrong address (don't think so) or she's ignoring me (more likely). Mind you, she's being sued by Chanel at the moment, so perhaps she's busy with that... (Feel free to spread this unflattering info around, people.)

At the same time, I'm not entirely convinced that we def know how Creed's apprently mercurial lot numbering works. Someone on another site said that a Neiman Marcus sales person had asked visiting Creed reps about the digits that supposedly represent year in the lot numbers and they had pooh-poohed the idea.

So I'm confused and a bit lost.

What is not confusing is the after-sales service at Beauty Encounter. It is all but non-existant in spite of all their marketing BS about their wonderful desire to look after their customers. (Spread that info around freely, too.) Had their PayPal paying option not been (suspiciously) non-functional when I tried it, by now I'd have charged back the $137 I eventually paid directly by debit card!

At any rate, at length, exasperated and fed up, I just gave the Jasmin IE to my mother because she was going back home overseas and she seems happy with it, though I felt the sillage and longevity were poor. Prolly legit but old and/or poorly stored.

Beauty Encounter, you shysters!
    Last edited by morningster; 3rd May 2014 at 04:22 PM.

Thank you for sharing your frustrating experiences.

No problem. This is the little knowledge I have acquired recently due to my addiction to Creed.

I may be alone in saying this, but from what I understand, the only authorized Creed retailers are the Creed Boutiques themselves, and high end retail brick and mortar stores like Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, etc. So these online retailers such as fragrancenet and beautyencounter must be either selling fakes, or bottles from the grey market (which are ultimately considered to be authentic and genuine).

Yours seems to be very old and also from the grey market. Also the Lot #'s can flake off if the bottle is very old. So I wouldn't worry if I were you. I prefer buying from Creed Boutique or NM to ensure it's truly authentic and fresh. I would avoid discounted retailers though to 100% guarantee authenticity and freshness.

Quote Originally Posted by a5m View Post
    No problem. This is the little knowledge I have acquired recently due to my addiction to Creed.

Yours seems to be very old and also from the grey market. Also the Lot #'s can flake off if the bottle is very old. So I wouldn't worry if I were you. I prefer buying from Creed Boutique or NM to ensure it's truly authentic and fresh. I would avoid discounted retailers though to 100% guarantee authenticity and freshness.

Yes, Creed seems to be a problematic brand... Often copied, often mis-sold in one way or another...

And I'm not the only one being sold old stock apparently. Re-reading your earlier response, you mentioned a lot code of CH1W05 for a bottle of Green Valley. So you too have purchased a 9-year-old Creed?

As you seem to be well-acquainted with a variety of Creed frags, based on your experience, do you agree with Olivier Creed's reported statement that he prefers older bottles, like old vintages of wine? (After all, they are called "Millésime".)

Yes, Creed seems to be a problematic brand... Often copied, often mis-sold in one way or another...

And I'm not the only one being sold old stock apparently. Re-reading your earlier response, you mentioned a lot code of CH1W05 for a bottle of Green Valley. So you too have purchased a 9-year-old Creed?

As you seem to be well-acquainted with a variety of Creed frags, based on your experience, do you agree with Olivier Creed's reported statement that he prefers older bottles, like old vintages of wine? (After all, they are called "Millésime".)
    An interesting statement - with time the more citrus-aquatic fragrances would presumably lose their fresher and more volatile notes, whilst their earlier creations presumably age better.

Absolutely. I go out of my way to find the oldest stock of whatever Creed fragrance I'm after.

Since at least the last 40-50 years, quality of products has generally gone down. Plenty of Creed fragrances have been reformulated, some multiple times. Many seem to have been done around 2009-2010. Yes my GV is 9 years old and my RSL is 12 years old. RSL is my oldest. The quality of the ingredients used to make these vaulted scents must have been higher in the past.

I look for bottles that have never been sprayed. I feel this affects the quality and age of the fragrance. I can say with certainty that there must be some level of chemical change that takes place with the ingredients. I believe these changes only make the scent better if the bottle is stored properly and never sprayed. Exactly like aged wine.

Yesterday i received a bottle of MI....Lot. 803313X01

120 ml

I bought a bottle of Virgin Island Water from an online store.
    On the box there is a different lot. than on the bottle. On the box: C6213X01 and on the back of the bottle there is FP6213X01.
    Can you tell me why they are different in the first 2 letter?
    Thanks in advance!

Lot: C8211R01

Feuilles Vertes - 500ml flacon - Purchased at Creed Boutique NY