Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I'm torn. Spice bomb or Chanel Bleu EDP

So I'm trying to decide between Spicebomb and Chanel Bleu Parfum. Yes I know totally two different scents.

Spicebomb- this is so gross I like it. Can't explain, at first I hated it, smelled like a strange old woman that bathed in spices and bubble gum. But for some reason it intrigues me and I can't stop smelling it.

Chanel Bleu- seems like a great clean scent but I don't know if it's worth $110. I've sampled both and decided to pull the trigger on one of them but I'm truly torn.

Is Spicebomb going to be too offensive? Is Bleu the safer bet? What has co-workers or strangers said when you wore Spicebomb?

Default Re: I'm torn. Spice bomb or Chanel Bleu EDP

spicebomb

How do you answer a question like this? They are so different from each other that you might as well decide you are going to get something to fill both categories, eventually. Sometimes you need a clean aromatic woods like Bleu EDP and other times you need to bring out the more masculine side. Of course there are many options and alternatives for both. Bleu edp is probably the more versatile and easier to wear in many different situations.
    STARTING ROTATION: Cologne du Parfumeur • Dior Homme Cologne • Sel d' Vetiver • Javanese Patchouli • Vetiver Veritas • Azemour les Orangers • Bergamote 22 • Peruvian Ambrette • Palissandre d' Or • Bowmakers • Ex Idolo Thirty Three • Boston Ivy • LL Santal 33 • L'Homme Eau Boisee • Jardin d' Amalfi • BtV Chelsea • Maestrale

If it's really only between these two, I'd have to go with Spicebomb. It's just a much more appealing fragrance than the Chanel, IMO, although Bleu would definitely be more versatile.

And I certainly don't see Spicebomb as a potentially "offensive" or shocking scent. I would think most would find a spicy scent like Spicebomb appealing.

Bleu is a nice scent but reminds me of a generic department store fragrance. I tend to shrug my shoulders to it.
    Last edited by RedRaider430; 19th May 2015 at 05:18 AM.
    Basenotes sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, Many collectible/discontinued CREEDs (Vintage Tabarome, Citrus Bigarrade, Selection Verte), Helmut Lang Cuiron, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/340...ptons-SAMPLES!

Offsite sales: By Kilian Straight to Heaven, Heeley Coccobello, CREED WINDSOR, Vintage Tabarome, Selection Verte, Citrus Bigarrade), Tom Ford Noir de Noir, By Kilian Prelude to Love, Helmut Lang Cuiron, Bond No. 9 Hamptons, Heeley Oranges & Lemons, L'Essence de Cerruti, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=260 and http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Bleu de Chanel edp

Basenotes Member

Chanel Bleu edp gets my vote.
    Currently wearing: Ciel Man by Amouage

Basenotes Plus

My vote is for bleu. I just don't find the bubblegum/sweet aspect of spicebomb appealing.

Hard to choose from two VERY different fragrances.
    Wear what you want and don't listen to people who tell you that you didn't spend enough.

I prefer Bleu de Chanel for its versatility, but it sounds like you find Spicebomb to be the more interesting of the two. I would go with it if I were you.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

I weakly prefer Bleu de Chanel.
    "just a smile would lighten everything"
    https://soundcloud.com/freewheelingvagabond/tracks
    Currently wearing: Déclaration by Cartier

Cant get much more different than those two. I find both easy to wear and Spicebomb has always been a compliment getter for me rather than something I see as difficult to wear.

I own both, but wear the Chanel more these days, mainly as I find Spicebomb to be much more common now than when I first bought it. I still love it though, I just find I reach for it a lot less than I did a couple of years ago. I’ll vote the Bleu, especially as I do prefer the edp over the edt, but that’s personal opinion and how it wear on my skin. Many seem to prefer the edt.

It’s a tight call though and on another day I could easily vote the other way, but I can’t see how either would be a bad buy.

I agree with EDP over EDT. It's smoother to me. More rounded I guess. I never cared for EDT that much. It's not that different but it's different enough to make me think about it now. Yeah this is a weird battle lol. They are not even in the same realm of scents.

Bleu. You may try 1899 by Histoires de Parfums, some prefer that one over Spicebomb.

Bleu. You may try 1899 by Histoires de Parfums, some prefer that one over Spicebomb.
    Thanks for the recommendation. Unfortunately no one has that here and sampling via online is not very cheap I've found out. ��

Golly, I never thought anyone would be torn over these two. Even taking into account the price difference, Bleu wins easily.
    Top 5
    1. Armani Prive Vetiver Babylone
    2. Hermes Terre d'Hermes
    3. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    4. Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum
    5. Tauer L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    Currently wearing: Bulgari Man by Bulgari

Golly, I never thought anyone would be torn over these two. Even taking into account the price difference, Bleu wins easily.
    Price difference? Both are the exact same price at my local Dillard's. What do they run in your neck of the woods.

Bleu is so depressing I'd suggest nearly anything else. Spicebomb is however particularly better.

My sales thread | Rare, discontinued & vintage stuff!

My fragrance reviews | Ye Olde Civet Cat

Why do you need to decide on one right now?

I personally prefer Spicebomb (neither are among my favorites) and I'd rather buy a fragrance that seems more special to me. However, the way you describe it, I think you might be more likely to regret Spicebomb. I'd say continue testing Spicebomb until you feel more certain about it. If you want to buy Bleu, go ahead, but you don't sound entirely sure about that either.

Banned

"Strange old woman that bathed in spices and bubblegum" or "great clean scent"

Doesn't seem like it should be that hard of a decision for you op.

Why do you need to decide on one right now?

I personally prefer Spicebomb (neither are among my favorites) and I'd rather buy a fragrance that seems more special to me. However, the way you describe it, I think you might be more likely to regret Spicebomb. I'd say continue testing Spicebomb until you feel more certain about it. If you want to buy Bleu, go ahead, but you don't sound entirely sure about that either.
    Because I'm a weirdo, that's why lol I like them both. Ones a love hate relationship, and the other (Bleu) I'm gonna wear my sample tomorrow. Neither are top 10 worthy, but I'm a cologne addict and this is what I do. Make weird decisions lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnaforever2203 View Post
    Because I'm a weirdo, that's why lol I like them both. Ones a love hate relationship, and the other (Bleu) I'm gonna wear my sample tomorrow. Neither are top 10 worthy, but I'm a cologne addict and this is what I do. Make weird decisions lol.
    Mindless consumption doesn't seem like the best idea to me, but it is your business. Why not buy both?

Bleu De Chanel EDP of the two although like them both.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Would go for Bleu de Chanel EDP
    Currently wearing: 1881 Amber by Cerruti

Bleu de Chanel sucks. My purchase of it instead of Platinum Egoiste continues to haunt me.
    Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Bleu by a very slight margin.
    Currently wearing: Invictus by Paco Rabanne

SB between those 2.
    for swap/sale:

How much a dollar cost

Bleu De chanel all day. Way more versatile and just smells better to me. And this would be the EDT, not the EDP.
    UPDATE 5/21 15Q01 AVENTUS! (50ML $75 / 100ML $140) - SELECTION VERTE SPLITS AVAILABLE http://www.basenotes.net/threads/400...r-construction
    Sale thread - DHS 2008 / Mont Blanc Legend http://www.basenotes.net/threads/398...ll-others-sold!

Bleu De Chanel EDP is my preference of the two.

I would get both and layer them, for the best of both worlds. Suggest 10 sprays Spicebomb to 1 of BdC.
    He boiled for our sins.

Bleu de Chanel. Spicebomb like Flowerbomb is way over-rated

I would go with the Chanel also.

Basenotes Junkie

Bleu all day long, Spicebomb is not nice.
    Currently wearing: CH Men by Carolina Herrera

Buy both

Dependent

Price difference? Both are the exact same price at my local Dillard's. What do they run in your neck of the woods.
    Why don't you just order spicebomb on fragrancenet & use the money you save on that to put towards bleu de chanel? The 50ml is $47.50 with 25% off coupon
    Last edited by Mitchapalooza; 19th May 2015 at 07:48 PM.
    I came here to talk fragrances & chew bubblegum.. and i'm all out of bubblegum.

I just got bleu. EDP.

Gonna pass on spicebomb.

SB for sure. Bleu is boring to me.
    Currently wearing: Pour Un Homme by Caron

Spicebomb for me...

If you like spice bomb I can definitely see how Bleu would bore you. It's definitely a much simpler frag.

Yeah, completely different beasts. One is more fall winter, while the other is more of a spring summer. Both are very good. Personally I'd go with bleu de Chanel in EDT. It's more lively and citrusy for summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just ordered spice bomb from fragrancenet. Someone earlier had a great idea lol.

You're a Basenoter which means you should get both. If not now, then eventually. Personally I'd get Bleu out of those two.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

IMO, Bleu EDT

You're a Basenoter which means you should get both. If not now, then eventually. Personally I'd get Bleu out of those two.
    I did get both lol.

I smelled BDC EDP for the first time today. One spray on my wrist its still very evident 5 hours later! This one changes a lot as it goes along! I don't know how people label this as boring and one dimensional!

smelled BDC EDP for the first time today. One spray on my wrist its still very evident 5 hours later! This one changes a lot as it goes along! I don't know how people label this as boring and one dimensional!
    Kinda what I thought. But hey if folks think it's boring then we can wear all the coolness. Lol

Basenotes Junkie Space Flight Navigator's Avatar

These two are very different...why not just get both if you like them both a lot? Spicebomb is better in cooler weather for me at least and Bleu EDP will be more versatile and could probably wear more often. If I was to pick between the two it would be spicebomb though...

Ok fellas I don't know what's going on but y'all keep saying get both and I already mentioned I did get them both lol. Maybe I'm just not cool enough for you to read what I wrote.
    Last edited by Dnaforever2203; 20th May 2015 at 03:39 AM.

Basenotes Junkie Space Flight Navigator's Avatar

Woops sorry about the response.

Ok fellas I don't know what's going on but y'all keep saying get both and I already mentioned I did get them both lol. Maybe I'm just both cool enough for you to read what I wrote.
    Sometimes one is lucky if people even read the title of a thread properly before replying, let alone the actual content.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Spicebomb.

Spicebomb. I like it and quite dislike the Chanel. Easy peasy.

Is it weird the more people dislike the Chanel Bleu the more I'm starting to like it lol.

Basenotes Member

Spicebomb . To me is quite masculine with awesome performance .

I have to be "that" guy for a minute, Im sorry! I pose the question, why are you torn between these two frangrances in particular?

In my opinion there are so many other options out there, and cooler options that dont smell like every Tom, Dick, and Harry.. So, if this post is seen as just an honest answer or insight, I would say neither one unless you absolutley had to choose one. Is there a store where those two are the only ones on the shelf?? heheh. Good luck!

have to be "that" guy for a minute, Im sorry! I pose the question, why are you torn between these two frangrances in particular?
    Well, if I only wanted 10 frags then you have a valid point lol. I happen to enjoy both as a once in a while SOTD. And honestly where I live I don't get much choice and I don't want to spend a fortune blind sampling.

Is it weird the more people dislike the Chanel Bleu the more I'm starting to like it lol.
    Man bro, you a Chanel rep?
    Wear what you want and don't listen to people who tell you that you didn't spend enough.

Hahahahaha.

So you did get both. Good job. Now get Spicebomb Extreme

So you did get both. Good job. Now get Spicebomb Extreme
    That might be too extreme lol but I'm gonna smell it anyways.