Code of Conduct

Default Aquatic love!!!!

This and gourmand seem to be the most love/hate "genres" in the fragrance world. I just wanted to show some love for some awesome performing aquatics...

Acqua di Gio Essenza
    L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme
    Dior Aqua Fahrenheit
    Aigner Blue Emotion

Last two aren't described as having aquatic accords, but smell very aquatic like to me so I included.

Default Re: Aquatic love!!!!

Only had the pleasure of trying L'eau D'Issey from your list, and it is a stellar performing aquatic! But would like to try the other three for sure.....however, the thought of a Fahrenheit aquatic is both a little scary and intriguing!lol

Ahh the cycles of love and hate. This brand and now that....

I have come across Bvlgari Aqua pour Homme and look forward to truly testing it out in the summer heat. Once upon a time this had the favor much like Chanel Blue does today. Who know what tomorrow will bring ")

Quote Originally Posted by TurnerIII View Post
    Ahh the cycles of love and hate. This brand and now that....

I have come across Bvlgari Aqua pour Homme and look forward to truly testing it out in the summer heat. Once upon a time this had the favor much like Chanel Blue does today. Who know what tomorrow will bring ")
    I too have a bottle of Aqva that Im excited to test in the Midwest heat.

Some good ones mentioned already.

I would add Nautica Voyage and Versace Man Eau Fraiche.
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Have the first three mentioned by the OP and love them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

One should try Heeley's Sel Marin.

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    Some good ones mentioned already.

I would add Nautica Voyage and Versace Man Eau Fraiche.
    I've been meaning to try Versace Eau Fraiche.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbz View Post
    .....however, the thought of a Fahrenheit aquatic is both a little scary and intriguing!lol
    Aqua Fahrenheit is hard to rival, and highly acclaimed if you read reviews. I'm not a Fahrenheit line fan in general, but I tried them all and this was exquisite!

I highly recommend it and it's little brother, the Aigner, not quite as potent, but a work safe version of the Fahrenheit.

I'm looking forward to trying hdp's rosam in the heat. It's the rose oud combo, but with an aquatic twist. I find it quite interesting. From your list it would be AdG all the way. I'm just tired of wearing it.

I'm not really a aquatic lover, but sometimes I crave for them.

A Lab on Fire Almost Transparent Blue
    Heeley Sel Marin
    Nautica Voyage
    L'Eau D'Issey Pour Homme

Paris Hilton Just Me

Aquatic hater here. But I do like and wear Rosam, the aquatic part is pretty much in the background, it's more about the metal, Now, Petroleum would be a different story.

A year or two ago there was a lot of talking about that (most abominable) of aquatics, Tirrenico, but chatter seems to have died.

cacio

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

Acqua di Gio Essenza - Like
    L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme - Like
    Dior Aqua Fahrenheit - Love
    Aigner Blue Emotion - Haven't tried, but based on this recommendation, I'll keep an eye out for it
    Like mentioned, Nautica Voyage is a fan fave for the genre too, definitely one of mine.

Banned

Montale Embruns D'essaoira
    Acqua di Gio Essenza
    Dsquared2 Ocean wet Wood

Bergamatto Marino is another good one.

Since the weather has warmed, I've been wearing PG Psychotrope. It's a cool, watery, floral with a little leather. The longevity is is great, especially on clothes. It's very clean without being soapy, and aquatic without without being "oceanic". More of a freshwater type scent.

Cool water and also it's uber version GIT
    "Thank GOD for the nose, for without it we would not be enjoying these beautiful created Scents" also Remember "Balance is everything and the key to appreciating "

For the time being, I can hardly stand aquatics. All it reminds me of is Middle school and high school locker room, where "aquatic" fragrance is everywhere, mostly from old spice spray.

All it says is the oblivious teenager that puts in 5-6 sprays and smells like disaster.

But putting that aside, I can stand Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

Quote Originally Posted by magnus611 View Post
    Cool water and also it's uber version GIT
    I don't think I ever have heard or smelt a similarity between Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed. But I could be wrong.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by sjg3839 View Post
    Bergamatto Marino is another good one.
    Pulled the trigger on a bottle this week after finishing off a 2ml decant. I love it, as does my wife, who enjoys wearing it as well. Easy, pleasant, fun.

Great purchase. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by RichNTacoma View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a bottle this week after finishing off a 2ml decant. I love it, as does my wife, who enjoys wearing it as well. Easy, pleasant, fun.

I got tired of fresh and aquatic scents so I stopped wearing them for 2 years. Now I enjoy smelling them again and actually prefer wearing them when I go to work.

Some of my favorites include: Gendarme, Azzaro Chrome, L'eau D'issey, and Bond No. 9 Wall Street.

I'm looking to add an aquatic to my collection for Summer. I have samples of Bond. 9 Wall Street and Heeley Sel Marin. I will be testing them in the hotter temps and then decide if either one is FB worthy. I will also be testing Millesime Imperial as it has an aquatic vibe also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosst View Post
    I don't think I ever have heard or smelt a similarity between Cool Water and Green Irish Tweed. But I could be wrong.
    Try them side by side if you get the opportunity. About 75% similar to my nose. Just depends on the individual if you want to shell out the extra for the 25% difference. For some people the small nuances make all the difference

Seconding especially ADG Essenza and Bergamotto Marino. Other possible favorites of mine within this category: Boss Elements Aqua, Gabriela Sabatini Wild Wind for Men, Hugh Parsons Blue, most of the Blu Mediterraneo lineup by ADP.

Cool water

I like all of these.

Aqua Fahrenheit
    Hugh Parson's
    Issey Miyake Sport
    Creed Erolfa/MI
    Bergamotto Marino
    Zegna Z
    Bulgari Aqua
    Acqua Di Gio
    Nautica Voyage
    Sel Marin

I can't seem to get on the aquatic love train but please enjoy them for me!.

Also, is GIT an aquatic? I don't remember it being so.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    I can't seem to get on the aquatic love train but please enjoy them for me!.

Also, is GIT an aquatic? I don't remember it being so.
    What is git?

Quote Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
    What is git?
    Sorry, Green Irish Tweed.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Blog Entries

Any interest in Montale Soleil de Capri​? I like this but can't seem to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Any interest in Montale Soleil de Capri​? I like this but can't seem to pull the trigger.
    Because of the kumquat note? I like it. Similar to D&G Light Blue Pour Femme, but stronger and more natural.
    Last edited by JiveHippo; 13th March 2014 at 11:21 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Because of the kumquat note? I like it. Similar to D&G Light Blue Pour Femme, but stronger and more natural.
    Ha! You know I'd forgotten about that. I do like 'Light Blue' I'll bet that's it. A similarity. I'll check my sample. It will be nice in the summer. I find it mouth-watering.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat View Post
    Ha! You know I'd forgotten about that. I do like 'Light Blue' I'll bet that's it. A similarity. I'll check my sample. It will be nice in the summer. I find it mouth-watering.
    Have you tried Batucada by L'Artisan? I get the mouthwatering effect from the Montale, and I also get the same from Batucada. They're so juicy.

I love aquatics as well! Sel Marin is one of the best. In addition, there is a reason Acqua di Gio is one of the best-selling fragrances of the past 20 years.

Blog Entries

No , I don't know Batucada. That must be newer. I'll try it. Thanks for the hint!

Blog Entries

Well, I just did a nutty thing and ordered 'Soleil de Capri' from FragranceNet. I hope I'm not disappointed, but I think I'm going to love it this summer. I've liked it off and on for a few years now.

My best aquatics/warm weather scents are:
    L'Eau d'Issey PH
    L'Eau d'Issey Sport PH
    Agua de Loewe El
    Aramis Bermuda Tonic
    Bvlgari Aqua PH
    Azzaro Chrome
    Fahrenheit
    Aqua Fahrenheit
    Acqua di Gio
    Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
    My most favorite scents that I can't be without:
    Givenchy Xeryus Rouge
    Dior Homme Intense
    Fahrenheit

Bellagio Uomo is a mixture of AdG and Issey Miyake. I actually like it better than both and I'm a pretty big fan of both. Well worth the couch change they're asking for it.

Blog Entries

Soleil de Capri is fresh and also strong for such a light citrus. A real pleasure. I'm going to enjoy this sunny, beach scent this summer!
    Last edited by kumquat; 6th July 2014 at 01:12 AM.

I would instead say the gourmands and aquatics are actually the most vastly loved genres. I can't say I'm a fan of either but still….

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Another amazing one I found and seem to've failed to mention is Agua de Loewe El. Smells much like Aqua di Gio but longer lasting, less invasive and smoother.

I'm tempted to blind buy Sel Marin since it receives so much recommendation.

Add Nautica Voyage, Bulgari Aqua and Kenzo to this list.

Kenzo sport extreme is a new joy of mine

+1 for Nautica Voyage and Versace Eau Fraiche. Also I get somewhat of aquatic vibe from Allure Homme Sport, which lasts around 8 hours on me.

Acqua Di Gio Essenza for sure...

Acqua Essenziale by Ferragamo is also a nice aquatic. They did a good job with this one. Although the genre may be over-saturated, this is a solid contribution and definitely worth looking at if you're in the market for an aquatic.

Sel Marin
    Nautica Voyage
    Millesime Imperial
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud Musk______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire

Aquatic lover here.

I enjoy Bvlgari Aqva and all the flankers, also the salty & sandy Aqua Motu from CSP.
    I tried Shay & Blue's Amond and Cucumber and that gave me an aquatic vibe I liked very much and I'll probably buy a bottle.

Aqua Herrera