Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Creed lot numbers...SOLVED!

So, after collecting a list or LEGIT Creed lot numbers from numerous sources, I decided to run some analysis on the Creed lot number mystery. It was pretty straight forward once I glanced at all the data.

First off, I’ve found that from 2007 and before, Creed used the 7-character lot designation, where the last two digits do in fact represent the YEAR. I didn’t bother to delve further into the other digits because: i) this system is now discontinued, and ii) people usually just care about what year their bottle is.

From 2008 and on Creed used the 8-character lot number designation where the first letter (usually an “A”), represents the house of Creed (some newer bottles seem to have a "C" which also stands for "C"reed).

The following two digits represent the scent ID number in their line-up (see sample list below).

The 4th & 5th digits represent the YEAR, so you will only see an 08, 09, 10, or 11 (self-explanitory).

And the last 3 characters I could only speculate on because I wasn’t given enough data from my sources to determine what they meant.

The 6th character is always a letter, and in all my data I’ve only seen either an: A, E, F, G, K, X, or Y. The last two digits are only ever an 01, 02, or 03, which leads me to speculate that this may be a region code. Why I’m guessing this is a region code and not bottle size is because the data shows that there is too much variation between these last two numbers and size.
    **EDIT: now that "04" seems to be popping up I'm wondering if this means quarter in which the batch was made (ie Quarter 01, Q2, Q3, or Q4)**

If you want to help solve the last 3-charater problem then reply to the thread with info such as lot number, scent, bottle size, language of inserts, and location of purchase.

Creed scent ID numbers:

01=SVanille
    02=S&W

10=AA
    11=AC
    12=BdeG
    13=BdeC
    14=C
    15=CB
    16=E
    17=F
    18=OSpice
    19=REL
    20=RSL
    21=SI
    22=Vetiver (1948)
    23=ZMP

30=BdP
    31=Erolfa
    32=GIT
    33=MI
    34=NS
    35=SMW
    36=RW
    37=GV
    38=Tabarome
    39=Himalaya
    40=OV
    41=OS
    42=Aventus

50=FdeF
    51=FdeB
    52=TI
    53=Vanisia
    54=JIE
    55=RD
    56=SF
    57=2000F
    58=Irisia
    59=Jasmal
    60=LIB
    61=LIW
    62=VIW
    63=AF

75=CM
    76=FdeTRB

81=Windsor

89=LesF

96=RC

EDIT: So, I did some more analysis of the 7-character lot number system (from ?-2007), and speculated based on my data that the 2nd "letter" is the scent ID code:

Examples:
    B=Erolfa
    C=GIT
    D=MI
    E=NS*
    F=SMW
    G=RW
    H=GV*
    I=Tabarome*
    J=Himalaya
    K=OV
    L=
    M=OS

*yet to be verified, so please contribute with your numbers!!!
    Last edited by JohnHarvard; 9th February 2011 at 10:43 PM.

Default Re: Creed lot numbers...SOLVED!

my GIT is 8 digit.....A3201D08 so it was made in 01?

its clear 2.5oz
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Post Thanks / Like

There might be a "batch" code involved also. The first, second, fifth, ninth whatever batch of the scent made during which ever year. It could be in there somewhere.

Also, on the batches of Windsor discussion, weren't there lot numbers that began with C instead of A?
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    my GIT is 8 digit.....A3201D08 so it was made in 01?

its clear 2.5oz
    Hi,
    My data set consisted of 86 serial numbers and this is the first I've seen of an 01, so for the time being i'll have to consider it an outlier. But this is good, the more info I'm given the finer I can tune this. I encourage others to post their serial numbers al well!

BTW, what was the insert language in your box and where did you buy the bottle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    There might be a "batch" code involved also. The first, second, fifth, ninth whatever batch of the scent made during which ever year. It could be in there somewhere.

Also, on the batches of Windsor discussion, weren't there lot numbers that began with C instead of A?
    Yes, I forgot to add that on the latest batches (also seen on Aventus), it seems that they are replaceing the "A" with a "C" which stands for "C"reed...pretty logical.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mine is from Creed's MI, which I bought late 2009. The serial number is A3309T01
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bottle of Vetiver from the Creedboutique.com with 1007522?

Post Thanks / Like

This is still an educated guess but a guess nonetheless. You cannot confirm to have solved the lot number issue as there is no way for you to verify your results.

Thanks for the bit of speculation though. Interesting and possibly true. Who knows!

hmmmm I dont remember where I got this.....I think from allshewants on ebay...its a tester.

I just got aventus today 4.0 from neimans natic ma...and it has 9 digits! A42B10K03
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    I have a bottle of Vetiver from the Creedboutique.com with 1007522?
    Yes, that is their reference number. The "10" is the year, the "075" is the size in ml (I bet you have a 2.5oz/75ml bottle ), and "22" is the scent ID for the Vetier (1948) EDT version.

Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm I dont remember where I got this.....I think from allshewants on ebay...its a tester.

I just got aventus today 4.0 from neimans and it has 9 digits! A42B10K03
    Yep, the inserted "B" is assumed to be for "B"atch year...I should have mentioned that when I explained the "A" to "C" change. But I dont have enough serial numbers on the latest 2010 versions so please add your numbers!

The fact that its a tester could have something to do with it...all the numbers I collected were strictly NOT from testers. Sorry I didnt mention that earlier.
    Last edited by JohnHarvard; 6th February 2011 at 08:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badr View Post
    This is still an educated guess but a guess nonetheless. You cannot confirm to have solved the lot number issue as there is no way for you to verify your results.

Thanks for the bit of speculation though. Interesting and possibly true. Who knows!
    Yes, as a scientist I agree with you! I would love to have a data set in the thousands to increase my confidence interval, but I'm merely posting what I've been able to extrapolate from the data given. Keep posting those numbers & info!

btw if that is a batch number then this kinda sucks compared to the tester in the store....I tried this in the store and the store was sweeter...smoother. this bottle is kinda harsh and mega smokey. the fruity leaves it 5 min after applied.

my stuff for sale!

Post Thanks / Like

My 75ml bottle of BdP purchased from Creedboutique has no serial number at all, nor was it on the box which I still have.

Post Thanks / Like

btw if that is a batch number then this kinda sucks compared to the tester in the store....I tried this in the store and the store was sweeter...smoother. this bottle is kinda harsh and mega smokey. the fruity leaves it 5 min after applied.
    Give it some time. I've heard from secondary sources that Mr. Creed himself prefers "aged" batches over newer ones. I guess it's kind of like a wine, seeing that they're both comprised of organic ingredients.

For what it's worth, I think my new bottle of OV (A4009Y02), doesnt have the complexity of my older stock, but I'm not bothered and I still love it. I mean, I'm glad all my bottles of Bordeaux don't taste the same. There's something special about each one!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl J. View Post
    My 75ml bottle of BdP purchased from Creedboutique has no serial number at all, nor was it on the box which I still have.
    Will have to consider this one an outlier as well, until I get more numbers of 75ml BduP's that were purchased from the same location. But it's duly noted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Doesn't look like those summations account for post 2008 bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

My 75ml bottle of Baie de Genievre is: CA21Z05 IIRC it was purchased at Parfumsraffy. CA=California in this case?

Post Thanks / Like

My 75ml bottle of Baie de Genievre is: CA21Z05 IIRC it was purchased at Parfumsraffy. CA=California in this case?
    Are you sure your number isn't CA12Z05? Because "21" is the current ID number for Santal Imperial and "12" is the ID number for Baie de Genievre.
    05 would be the year (although I had very few 2005 numbers, most data was from 2006-09 bottles). CA wouldnt be for Cali...according to my data.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHarvard View Post
    Yes, that is their reference number. The "10" is the year, the "075" is the size in ml (I bet you have a 2.5oz/75ml bottle ), and "22" is the scent ID for the Vetier (1948) EDT version.
    You Harvard Cantabridgians are so smart!
    It is a 75 ml bottle and I bought it in the summer of 2010.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/254...in)?highlight=

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    You Harvard Cantabridgians are so smart!
    It is a 75 ml bottle and I bought it in the summer of 2010.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/254...in)?highlight=
    Thanks for the compliment!

Hopefully, with this info we can start buying online with more confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Correction: BdP box: A3008F04. And the ''21'' is confirmed on Baie de Genievre.

Post Thanks / Like

Correction: BdP box: A3008F04. And the ''21'' is confirmed on Baie de Genievre.
    Your BuP is a 2008 version.

The scent ID list I have is an updated 2011 version so maybe "21" used to be the ID code for Baie de Genievre in the past, but I can assure you the current ID code is now "12".

As I mentioned before, I have very few 2005 (or older), serial numbers to begin with, let alone an '05 BdP. The more data I get, the better! But I have to admit that I'm less concerned with pre-2008 at this point since that system is now obsolete.

GIT 4 OZ tester:

REF: 5612032 (1956? lol) 120 ML, check, 32=GIT, check! well done. Year is iffy though.
    lot: A3201C08 (2001? wow. Creeds last 10 years+? My bottle smells amazing. Very potent. Nothing bad about it. Smells like the rest of my newer samples).

MI 4 Oz retail:

Ref: 1112033 (Probably not 2011. 120 ml, check! 33=MI, check!) Year is iffy. I just got it in december I think, of 2010.
    Lot: S3309W01 33=MI, 09 is the year I suppose.

Could it be that S= Spring OR summer batch, A= Autum batch, W= Winter batch (I remember seeing a GIT on ebay that started with a W and that concerned me of authenticity, but you never know!)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    GIT 4 OZ tester:

REF: 5612032 (1956? lol) 120 ML, check, 32=GIT, check! well done. Year is iffy though.
    lot: A3201C08 (2001? wow. Creeds last 10 years+? My bottle smells amazing. Very potent. Nothing bad about it. Smells like the rest of my newer samples).
    Hi,

Even though I didnt originally want to include testers in my analysis, I've started to notice a pattern about their lot numbers:

The 4th and 5th digits seem to be switched with the last two digits (ie. your "08" is switched with "01"). Possibly a way for Creed to know which bottles are testers (after all, they ar NOT supposed to be sold). So, effectively you have a 2008 tester version. The "56" in the reference number would also account for that (but I do believe the first 2 digits of the REF# is more of an "inventory year" number rather than production date number...go to the lot number for that)
    Last edited by JohnHarvard; 7th February 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know I said I didnt care about the pre-2008 lot numbers but being the type of scientist I am I get annoyed when there's a problem that can't be solved.

So, I did some more analysis of the 7-character lot number system (from ?-2007), and speculated based on my data that the 2nd "letter" is the scent ID code:

Examples:
    B=31=Erolfa*
    C=32=GIT
    D=33=MI*
    E=34=NS*
    F=35=SMW
    G=36=RW
    H=37=GV*
    I=38=Tabarome*
    J=39=Himalaya
    K=40=OV
    L=41=OS*
    (N/A)42=Aventus

Last edited by JohnHarvard; 6th February 2011 at 11:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The rest of the scent ID codes:
    (remember, these only apply to the 8-character lot system)

**EDIT: codes have been cut&pasted in OP**
    Last edited by JohnHarvard; 7th February 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

two weeks ago i bought from fragrancenet...... Creed Love In White 2.5oz

Batch No:C6110F01

so..
    ID Code 61 like ur table
    year 2010? nice..
    F? no idea.
    01? no idea.
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post

That's what I was thinking as well. Those last digits, I'd assume have something to do with various batches throughout the year as opposed to regions.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Impressive observation and analysis.

My 1oz GIT has LOT: AC03Y07 on the box. No numbers on the bottle but etched on the back of the bottle is GREEN IRISH TWEED.

My GIT has A3209x01 as the lot number. The creed counter at my department store has some GITs with the same lot no.

Post Thanks / Like

My GIT is 75ml S3208L01 add to the database.
    Favorites:
    Montale - Taj, Red Aoud, Red Vetiver, Fougeres Marines + Creed - Aventus, GIT, SMW + Chanel -Sycomore + Kiton - Black + Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver + CdG - WonderWood

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHarvard View Post
    I know I said I didnt care about the pre-2008 lot numbers but being the type of scientist I am I get annoyed when there's a problem that can't be solved.

So, I did some more analysis of the 7-character lot number system (from ?-2007), and speculated based on my data that the 2nd "letter" is the scent ID code:

Examples:
    B=31=Erolfa*
    C=32=GIT
    D=33=MI*
    E=34=NS*
    F=35=SMW
    G=36=RW
    H=37=GV*
    I=38=Tabarome*
    J=39=Himalaya
    K=40=OV
    L=41=OS*
    (N/A)42=Aventus

If this is for the 8-character system, then I don't believe it to be correct. I am looking at my 2008 2.5oz GIT, lot sequence: A3208E02. Obviously the 32 for GIT is correct, as is the 08 for the year of production.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Post Thanks / Like

My GIT has A3209x01 as the lot number. The creed counter at my department store has some GITs with the same lot no.
    As is mine. Purchased from FragranceNet dot com. Nice to know its a genuine bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

My 2.5 oz bottles start with a ''C'', fwiw.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    If this is for the 8-character system, then I don't believe it to be correct. I am looking at my 2008 2.5oz GIT, lot sequence: A3208E02. Obviously the 32 for GIT is correct, as is the 08 for the year of production.
    I wrote that the 2nd letter representing the scent ID was only used for the 7-character system.

Thanks for the number!

Post Thanks / Like

My 2.5 oz bottles start with a ''C'', fwiw.
    Thanks for providing me with the data!
    Could you please post any other Creed numbers you have?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    That's what I was thinking as well. Those last digits, I'd assume have something to do with various batches throughout the year as opposed to regions.
    Yeah, at first I only found 01, 02, and 03 at the end, but with the help of the people on this forum I've got a few numbers ending in 04 now.

Makes me think: Could this be representative of the year-quarter in which it was made (ie Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4)?

Post Thanks / Like

GIT (1oz)-Bought late 2010 from Neiman Marcus in MD has A3210A02

I have 9 testers at home I will post the lots if you want them. I looked yesterday half have 7 digits half 8

my stuff for sale!

Git:A3209P02.

From NYC.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting anaysis Mr. Harvard there was a similar thread on Guerlain and i dont think anyone cracked it... maybe you wanna give it a shot?

Post Thanks / Like

I have 9 testers at home I will post the lots if you want them. I looked yesterday half have 7 digits half 8
    Yes please!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenson View Post
    interesting anaysis Mr. Harvard there was a similar thread on Guerlain and i dont think anyone cracked it... maybe you wanna give it a shot?
    Hahaha. No thanks, I have my hands full analyzing human DNA for my thesis.

This Creed analysis only arose out of my personal frustration from not knowing where to buy legit bottles online.

Now I can just ask sellers what numbers are on the back of their bottles.
    In fact, I just tested this out this morning on the bay and on the "for sale" forums here at bn. You should see the repsonses I got, from "It's EM77277B63," to "oh, Creed never put numbers on their testers," or "only the newest bottles have numbers," etc. (although I have to admit that ~50% that responded gave me legit numbers).
    And as for online retailers, I now have a discernible method I could use to determine whether or not I should make a return.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Good thing I like Thierry Mugler...

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the very interesting analyses, John.

Here’s the lot numbers of the three Creed’s I own:

Royal English Leather C1908A01
    Bois du Portugal A3008F03
    Millésime Impérial A3309T02

Good luck with your research!
    “As if everyone, all over the world, had his daily visually artistic task; the task of being an image for others.” Peter Handke

Post Thanks / Like

Original Vetiver A4008E02
    Millesime Imperial C33309R01
    Virgin Island Water C6208C01
    Green Irish Tweed A3209X03

I have some weird numbers!
    aventus 4.0-A42b10k03
    GIT 2.5 tester-A3201D08
    VIW 2.5 tester-A626C08
    MI 2.5 tester-A3308F01
    OV 2.5 tester-A405A......thats it 5 numbers!
    Himalaya 2.5 tester with for testing only on the back....AJ03U07
    SMW 2.5 tester with the same thing printed on the back they were from scentiments....AF03U07
    Erolfa 2.5 tester from allshewants on ebay where I got my GIT MI OV VIW theres no lot number etched in the bottle... but on the bottom it has a stamp that says lot number CB02Q07 thats weird!!

oh wait I just read your pre 07 post.....I wonder why its stamped on the bottom with ink and not etched on the bottle.
    Last edited by dredmahawkus; 7th February 2011 at 11:15 PM.

my stuff for sale!

Post Thanks / Like

I've done a bit of research and analysis and i've figured these out. Before 06 or 05 (not sure..) Creed didn't post the lot#'s but rather just stamped the date on the box. Also I think in 09 creed started using the dotted ink on the bottom instead of the solid ink along the back ridge.
    Let me know if I'm wrong!

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW, I have 5 bottles at home.

2.5 oz SMW
    2.5 oz Green Valley
    2.5 oz GIT
    2.5 oz Original Vetiver
    1 oz Millesime Imperial

The Original Vetiver and Green Irish Tweed were both purchased from Beauty Encounter. The Millesime Imperial and Green Valley were purchased from Neiman Marcus, and the Silver Mountain Water was purchased from Saks. Only ONE bottle has a lot code, the GIT. As you can see 3 bottles were purchased from authorized dealers and none had the code. How do you like them apples!?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew777 View Post
    I've done a bit of research and analysis and i've figured these out. Before 06 or 05 (not sure..) Creed didn't post the lot#'s but rather just stamped the date on the box. Also I think in 09 creed started using the dotted ink on the bottom instead of the solid ink along the back ridge.
    Let me know if I'm wrong!
    My MI bottle is from 09 and has ink lot printed on the box and on the bottle on the back ridge.

none of my 3 bottles have these numbers on them. are they located on the box? i have 2 big black bottles and one 2,5 clear. no numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by JohnHarvard; 9th February 2011 at 08:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

BdP c3008f02
    Aventus c4210e02
    GIT a3209x02
    GIT a3201d08
    AAluminium c1808a01 and c10008a01 (on same box, presumably top and tail?)
    Erolfa c3108e02 (fwiw box is embossed 2004)
    Tab Millesime a3808d01

samples
    OSantal c4109u01
    Neroli Sauvage c3408b02
    MI c3309t01
    VIW c6208c01

All purchased through official stockists

Edit to add - The base of the A Aluminium bottle has only c1008a01 printed onto it (maybe stamped incorrectly on box then corrected??)

Edit again to add - the GIT a3201d08 (2001; appears to be inconsistent with the theory?). Not convinced of your logic for 'C'reed and 'A'reed ;o)

HTH
    Last edited by dnc; 8th February 2011 at 08:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you looked at the rear of the bottom lip of the bottle? Some have the lot no etched on there, not always easy to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Just out of curiosity, where did you download the dataset?
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Post Thanks / Like

Why is it that my flacons have no serial #'s?

Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant - thanks for your excellent analysis.
    I don't have time to do them all now but here are a few which may be of interest:
    Bought in reputabale stores in the UK:
    Box stamped 2003: Bois de Cedrat lot CB21U05
    Box stamped 2003: Santal Imperial CI21R05

Bought In 2006 from reputable UK store: no date stamp on box RSL Lot CH21U05

Bought from a reputable UK store: Citrus Bigarrade: CU22B06

From internet/unknown origin:
    Jasmine IE box stamped 2002 30ml AS1R05
    REL tester 75ml AG21R05

I'll try and do more later.
    Hope this helps - look forward to your interpretations.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

GIT 75ml tester: A3209P01
    Stamped/etched into back ridge glass

Himalaya 75ml tester: FP3908K02 (9 digits)
    Printed on back ridge in dotted ink

SMW 30ml: A3508G01
    Printed on back ridge in solid ink, printed on box

Royal Water 75ml tester: A3608I02
    Printed on plain tester box (with reference no. 5607536), not found on bottle

These are all bottles of unknown origin. No inserts present.