Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Creed lot numbers...SOLVED!

Does anyone have flacons with serial #'s?

4 oz Millesime Imperial

Purchased from Creed Boutique NYC

A3310BO1

Nice research!

Awesome research. Reminds me of cigar bulletin boards.

4oz. SMW: A3509X01
    REF: 11'20-35 / SILVER MOUNTAIN WATER (found on UPC sticker on box)
    Origin: BeautyEncounter.com.

well this is great news. thanks for the translation. this means my GIT was made in 2010. go walgreens online!

Quote Originally Posted by dnc View Post
    Edit again to add - the GIT a3201d08 (2001; appears to be inconsistent with the theory?).
    HTH
    See post #26

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where did you download the dataset?
    I didn't download it. I compiled it from numerous authorized retail stores and from friends' collections, as well as my own. I sorted them into two categories; "observed" and "reported." Only those that I have visually inspected go under the "observed" category. As you can imagine, most of the variation I've seen has been in the "reported" section. Nonetheless, the data collecting was the most tedious step.

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Awesome research. Reminds me of cigar bulletin boards.
    Oh don't get us started on fake Cubans...lol.

I'm just glad I have a good collection of friends who travel to Cuba and dont smoke. I can always send them some cash and direct them towards the Partagas factory.

Contribootin -- bear in mind I cannot recall the situation of purchase due to selective and/or failing memory.

Green Irish Tweed 4.0 -- REF 11120-32 LOT A3210F01
    Royal Water 4.0 -- REF 561205 LOT A3610A01
    Original Vetiver 4.0 -- A4009Y02
    Tabarome 4.0 -- unmarked (sticker has fallen off box, too.)
    Royal Water tester 2.5 -- REF 5607536 LOT A361B08
    Royal Delight tester 2.5 -- REF 5607555 LOT CL1Q05
    Silver Mountain Water tester 2.5 -- LOT S3509X02
    Himalaya tester 2.5 -- A3909Y02
    Royal Scottish Lavender 2.5 -- LOT CH22C06
    Erolfa 2.5 -- LOT A3108E01
    Green Irish Tweed 2.5 -- box marked 2002 in the date rectangle
    Love In Black tester 2.5 -- REF 5607560 LOT C6008K01
    Vanisia tester 2.5 -- REF 5607553F
    Fleurs De Bulgarie tester 2.5 -- 56075-51 on box

Hope this helps!
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Basenotes Plus

This thread probably deserves to be stickied, considering the no. of posts wondering if their Creed is legit.
    And somehow I don't see this sort of threads appearing in the Female Fragrance Discussion Boards.

I agree it should be stickied.
    If anyone has any question if their creed is real....and you know they will!!....they can just read these posts and figure it out themselves.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my stuff for sale!
    http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=223916

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    This thread probably deserves to be stickied, considering the no. of posts wondering if their Creed is legit.
    And somehow I don't see this sort of threads appearing in the Female Fragrance Discussion Boards.
    Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    I agree it should be stickied.
    If anyone has any question if their creed is real....and you know they will!!....they can just read these posts and figure it out themselves.
    It doesn't really authenticate anyone's purchase though, it just identifies, well, the identity according to which scent and what time frame. As the thread notes, there are bottles without codes on them as well.

But to your point about a sticky, it would then more properly belong to the Basenotes FAQ forum, one of the top two on the index of forums page I think. No stickies about any certain house, please. We could all direct the newCreedworriers to the FAQ forum.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHarvard View Post
    See post #26
    Sorry JH, 100% this is NOT a Tester. Purchased, by myself, at a very well known UK dept store that is an official Creed stockist.

Quote Originally Posted by dnc View Post
    Sorry JH, 100% this is NOT a Tester. Purchased, by myself, at a very well known UK dept store that is an official Creed stockist.
    Definately an anomaly and outlier. I have it recorded.
    Thanks for the info!

Definately an anomaly and outlier. I have it recorded.
    Thanks for the info!
    Keep it up, there is definitely something in your theories. Think there is a bit of 'randomness' about Creed e.g. a recent thread describing how they ran out of a certain colour cap and so used a different colour on some bottles of a particular fragrance (they confirmed it when the guy wrote to them regarding this). Also the box of my that has 2different lot nos, but the bottle inside just the one (printing error?).

FWIW the rear bottom lip of the GIT bottle is etched with the same lot no and it is a 75 ml (the other GIT is 120 ml).

Quote Originally Posted by dredmahawkus View Post
    btw if that is a batch number then this kinda sucks compared to the tester in the store....I tried this in the store and the store was sweeter...smoother. this bottle is kinda harsh and mega smokey. the fruity leaves it 5 min after applied.
    I bought A42B10K03 from the Natick Neiman's, but I returned it today because it varied a lot from the tester, which is C4210E01.

The SA gave me the line about variability because of natural ingredients, but I eventually got a refund after they were unable to find a C4210E01 to exchange. They either didn't know about or acknowledge the signficant variability across batches.

A42B10K03 had more pineapple than C4210E01, although the dry down of A42B10K03 wasn't as nice as C4210E01. I got less citrus and more fig/blackcurrant apple in the C4210E01. I also had concerns about the intensity and longevity of A42B10K03 compared to C4210E01. I didn't want to gamble at 280 a pop, so I'll stick to my Himalaya for now.

Thanks to this forum for validating this significant and unacceptable variation.
    Last edited by himalaya; 13th February 2011 at 11:54 PM. Reason: make more precise

Awesome Thread John! Just wanted to post the serial number for the MI flacon you participated in the split of. FP3310B01. From what you said the F is for flacon. The 33 for MI. 10 for 2010 and maybe B01 for batch 01? It is nice to finally have some clue what the numbers mean and makes it easier to see if a bottle is legit.

GIT flacon FP3209X01 Newer style clear flacon. I'm thinking made in 2009? If it was older juice, what would be the harm if it was sealed? I've read where Olivier suggests to purchase older bottles. Any comments or experience?

Martin

Fantastic research! Gotta love a man with passion!

Here's my stuff. Most of it comes from reputable online stores such as FragranceX. The only one I purchased in a 'real store' is GIT.

Acier Aluminium (75ml) C1008A01
    Aventus (75ml) A4210G01C
    Baie de Genièvre (75ml) A1207101
    Green Irish Tweed (75ml) A3208E02 (authorised Creed outlet, Sydney Australia)
    Green Valley (75ml) AH1T05 (on bottle and box)
    Himalaya (75ml) A3909Y02 (tester)
    Millésime Impériale (120 ml) batch number removed
    Orange Spice (75ml) C1808A01
    Original Santal (120ml) AM1T05 (on bottle) AM1W05 (on box)
    Royal Delight (75ml) AL2B06
    Sélection Verte (250ml) on box: “fabriqué par fragrances production 77760 URY”
    Silver Mountain Water (120ml) A3508G03
    Vetiver (1948, 75ml) no batch number (tester)
    Virgin Island Water (120ml) A626C08

Mine is the same except as your second pictured bottle it ends in 02. Is your juice fresh and good and long lasting? My bottle came from a guy who got his at Neiman Marcus
    Last edited by finsfan; 2nd May 2011 at 08:10 PM.

Interesting thread! Here is what I have:

GIT, 30ML (Jan 2010 @ Nordstrom) - A3209P02
    MI, 75ML (Feb 2010 @ Nordstrom) - A2208F02
    Acier Aluminium, 75ML (Apr 2010 @ Creed Boutique) - C1808A01
    GIT, 120ML (June 2011 @ Walgreens.com) - A3211N01

Here is what I have:

GIT, 120 ML (Out 2011 @ Cheapsmells) - A3211N01
    AVE, 120 ML (Out 2011 @ Skins Rtt) - S42B11S01
    VWI, 120 ML (Apr 2011 @ Celeste DH) - A6208C01
    OV , 120 ML (Apr 2011 @ Celeste DH) - A4009Y02
    BDP, 75 ML (May 2011@ Celeste DH) - A3008F04
    REL, 75 ML (Jun 2011@ Skins Rtt ) - C1908A01
    Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 28th April 2012 at 08:51 PM.

Have to admit, I honestly never give these numbers a second thought, but the analysis is interesting.

Just received a 1.0 oz bottle of Bois du Portugal from Beautyencounter.com. The Lot # is CA1T05. Has anyone seen a Lot # that short? (6 characters)

Makes no sense as the production year says 2002.

Default Anyone know how to decode the date code on Creed's batch?

Hello, anyone knows how to decode the date code on Creed's batch?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Anyone know how to decode the date code on Creed's batch?

Use the Little Orphan Annie Decoder Pin...ok but seriously I don't know but there is a thread floating around talking about this I believe.

Found it for you: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270...ht=creed+batch
    Last edited by Jer350; 28th December 2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    Here is what I have:

GIT, 120 ML (Out 2011 @ Cheapsmells) - A3211N01
    AVE, 120 ML (Out 2011 @ Skins Rtt) - S42B11S01
    VIW, 120 ML (Apr 2011 @ Celeste DH) - A6208C01
    OV , 120 ML (Apr 2011 @ Celeste DH) - A4009Y02
    BDP, 75 ML (May 2011@ Celeste DH) - A3008F04
    REL, 75 ML (Jun 2011@ Skins Rtt ) - C1908A01
    Just out of curiosity, with all the "batch disparity" how do you like that "batch" of Creed Aventus? Let me know. Thanks

Doesn't look like John's commenting on this anymore but thought I'd ask anyway.....

From 2008 and on Creed used the 8-character lot number designation where the first letter (usually an "A") represents the house of Creed (some newer bottles seem to have a "C" which also stands for "C"reed).
    What would be indicated if the first letter starts with an "S?"

The 6th character is always a letter, and in all my data I've only seen either an: A, E, F, G, K, X, or Y.
    Again, what would be indicated if the 6th character is an "S?"

Basenotes Member

my bottle I just bought today has 7 numbers so its earlier than 08? Should I exchange it for another? This is my first Creed purchase.
    Last edited by myk13; 31st January 2012 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by myk13 View Post
    my bottle I just bought today has 7 numbers so its earlier than 08? Should I exchange it for another? This is my first Creed purchase.
    If it's a newer fragrance which isn't hard to find, then yes, I'd exchange it for a fresher bottle.

If it's one of the discontinued Creeds which is hard to find, then there's really no choice. If you want it badly enough, keep it. If not, send it back. I recently found a 4 oz bottle of Green Valley and it was from 2006. But I kept it because I really wanted the fragrance and it still smells great. No way I would have kept it, however, if it was still being produced.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    If it's a newer fragrance which isn't hard to find, then yes, I'd exchange it for a fresher bottle.

If it's one of the discontinued Creeds which is hard to find, then there's really no choice. If you want it badly enough, keep it. If not, send it back. I recently found a 4 oz bottle of Green Valley and it was from 2006. But I kept it because I really wanted the fragrance and it still smells great. No way I would have kept it, however, if it was still being produced.
    Thank you, it's a bottle of VIW

I'm beginning to think this batch thing is getting out of hand, no one is completely sure if the batch system here is correct, it just seems that way most of the time, but there seem to be all sorts of one-off variations to the rules. If it smells fine keep it. Unless it's skunked there is no reason to waste a bottle by returning it for some supposedly better newer batch. An older bottle can age beautifully, I have a 1999 bottle of Heritage I just got, it's prereformulation and it's fantastic. If you like it keep it.
    Last edited by Puig; 31st January 2012 at 04:05 PM.

I Just received a 4oz bottle of Creed Erolfa lot # S3110L01. I thought all Creed fragrances began with the letter A or C. The number on the ridge of this bottle is in ink as opposed to being etched. Does anyone have a bottle similar to this?

I have never tried Erolfa, but if you read through the 12 page Aventus batch numbers tread some people do list batch numbers that begin with an "S".

MI 8.4oz flacon bought 1/12 - C3311N02
    Windsor 8.4oz flacon bought 3/12 - C8110E01

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Puig View Post
    I'm beginning to think this batch thing is getting out of hand, no one is completely sure if the batch system here is correct, it just seems that way most of the time, but there seem to be all sorts of one-off variations to the rules. If it smells fine keep it. Unless it's skunked there is no reason to waste a bottle by returning it for some supposedly better newer batch. An older bottle can age beautifully, I have a 1999 bottle of Heritage I just got, it's prereformulation and it's fantastic. If you like it keep it.
    Yeah, I think it's just a way to keep track of how old the bottle is, for the majority of the scents. Not much point in trying to note differences between "batches."

Quote Originally Posted by PA4455 View Post
    I Just received a 4oz bottle of Creed Erolfa lot # S3110L01. I thought all Creed fragrances began with the letter A or C. The number on the ridge of this bottle is in ink as opposed to being etched. Does anyone have a bottle similar to this?
    Your ok. They been using S along with A & C's.

Hey, i got my GIT from walgreen's online. the lot number is S3211P02. i believe it is legit.

Hi, I just purchased a bottle of Creed Millesime from overstock.com and the batch number is A3311N02. I'm wondering if the product is 100% authentic. Has anyone ever bought from overstock before? I noticed that the 6th number in the batch is an N and from reading that the 6th number is usually A, E, F, G, K, X, or Y I'm becoming skeptical. Can it maybe be that the 6th letter is an N becuase its an 2011 batch? Please help and reply with your opinions on if it is legit or not. Thank you.

^ Youre fine dont stress. N01 is a common ending

BdP 75ml: C3010K01

I have:
    2.5 oz Baie de Genievre lot CA21Z05 (also have an almost empty bottle with same #).
    1 oz GIT lot S3211P01
    1 oz MI lot IPAAD206
    4 oz OV lot AK02S07
    1 oz GV lot CH1W05

All lot #'s are on the boxes and bottles, OV and MI are etched on bottles all others are printed.
    I have a Jasmal tester with the word Testeur and what looks like UA, something I can't make out, 58, and possibly T.
    I have a 1 oz bottle of GV with no lot # on either box or bottle that I have had for at least five years and got from a reputable seller. I also have a 4 oz bottle of MI on which the gold covering on the bottle where the lot # was has flaked off and i no longer have the box. My final bottle is a 2.5 oz Royal Scottish Lavender tester with no lot #. All of my bottles I've had since before 2008 except for the GV that has a lot number and the GIT.

Actually didn't really realize I had this many Creeds until pulling them all out for this little exercise.
    Last edited by Profumo Saggio; 14th April 2012 at 01:28 AM.
    Current Favorites:
    1. Le 3me Homme - Caron
    2. Yatagan - Caron
    3. Van Cleef & Arples Pour Homme
    4. Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme
    5. Kouros - YSL
    6. L'Anarchiste - Caron
    7. Xeryus - Givenchy
    8. V.I.P. Special Reserve - Giorgio Beverly Hills
    9. The Dreamer - Versace
    10. Nobile - Gucci

Quote Originally Posted by TimandT View Post
    Just out of curiosity, with all the "batch disparity" how do you like that "batch" of Creed Aventus? Let me know. Thanks
    Sorry for late reply TimandT - AVE batch - S42B11S01 - smells fantastic, strong pineapple and incense both strong all the way! Longevety on 8 hours.

PLEASE update the first post in this thread to confirm any of what we know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M.T. View Post
    Your ok. They been using S along with A & C's.
    This makes me wonder what S A and C mean. My Aventus batch is S42B12A01
    ...it has to mean something.

I've often wondered about "S" too. I've wondered if it is an indication for the Middle East.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRaider430 View Post
    I've often wondered about "S" too. I've wondered if it is an indication for the Middle East.
    I don't think so. My bottle of Aventus is an S. S42B12A01 I assume 12A01 means it's the 1st "A" batch of 2012. Or, maybe A01 is the batch.

I wonder what the difference between A42, C42 and S42 is. Maybe the letter has something to do with specifically where 42 was made?

Quote Originally Posted by Puig View Post
    I'm beginning to think this batch thing is getting out of hand, no one is completely sure if the batch system here is correct.
    It's accurate 99.9% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by neal View Post
    It's accurate 99.9% of the time.
    this. the sad thing is there is a huge smell difference between the batches. very frustrating. hopefully, they can eventually work this thing out

FP5509B01

Royal Delight

2.5 oz

It was purchased from Beautyencounter and it doesn't smell good, but I'll be damned if the facts aren't pointing to it being legit. There is nothing in that code that screams "FAKE" to me.

Bare in mind that it doesn't smell horrible, but it does smell like an imitation of the intoxicating magic that is Royal Delight.

Blog Entries

And none of this amazingly poor quality control and hours of confusing research to determine if you are buying a good or a crappy bottle of CREED concerns any of you??? I agree with someone else in another post. This could be the best marketing ploy I have ever seen. Creed purposely changes recipes of a few batches, causing endless numbers of followers to spend endless hours speculating, genius! free advertising...either that or morons working quality control.
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

Aventus from fragrancenet
    REF: 11120
    Lot A42B12C02
    Fragrances Production 77760 Ury

Quote Originally Posted by mattk View Post
    Aventus from fragrancenet
    REF: 11120
    Lot A42B12C02
    Fragrances Production 77760 Ury
    How do you like it?

This all seems like an exercise in trying to complicate a game of snap.

Got to love Creed threads.

I thoroughly enjoy it.

I have been wondering if my git is a fake. If it was a fake, would the lot number work with the equation you presented? In other words, will the counterfeiters go to the trouble of making a lot number that work's with creeds lot number formula?

Likely not.

If the number on the box matches the number on the bottle, no worries. If they don't match, send it back for your peace of mind.

Give it some time. I've heard from secondary sources that Mr. Creed himself prefers "aged" batches over newer ones. I guess it's kind of like a wine, seeing that they're both comprised of organic ingredients.

For what it's worth, I think my new bottle of OV (A4009Y02), doesnt have the complexity of my older stock, but I'm not bothered and I still love it. I mean, I'm glad all my bottles of Bordeaux don't taste the same. There's something special about each one!
    I am looking forward to a 1961 Château Vetiver.

Blog Entries

Fakes either have no batch # or they have a legitimate batch number stolen from a genuine bottle so there you go...
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

CologneFan85

Has anyone simply called and asked them to explain the numbers?