Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pure Havane

Default Pure Havane

So at my local Nordstrom the very kind SA said it will be on the shelf by the 14th. She was kind enough to reserve one for me. Since it shipped to the stores on the 1st she said i might be able to get it earlier than that. Pretty much as soon as it comes it. Nice

Default Re: Pure Havane

I love Nordstroms.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Any idea of a price?
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Great news. This seems like a cold-weather scent and I'm glad I'll be able to get ahold of this while we're still in winter here in my part of the globe.

Thanks. Will drop in for a sniff.

Can't wait to try this. Thierry Mugler Pure series is so good.

It will be 80 USD and I just checked our shipment info and we don't have it listed as shipped as of 1/31/11 but I'll check the updated stuff next weekend.

Blog Entries

$80!? What the hell, all the flankers have been $70...

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    $80!? What the hell, all the flankers have been $70...
    Ya but the pricing info I saw today showed $80

Last night I found it available at the Thierry Mugler online boutique. I ordered one.

I hope it's not a mistake on their website. I found it by doing a search of "Mugler Pure Havane" (I think) and it led me to that page on the Mugler website, but when I navigated through the website, I couldn't seem to get back to it. I'd managed to get it into my shopping cart, so I ordered it. It said "Limited Edition" and it didn't say when it was available, etc. So I'm inclined to think that it's in stock and ready to go.

This scent sounds great. I was just enjoying Pure Malt (Sometimes the drydown goes a little plasticky several hours in, but Pure Malt deserves the hype IMO-- that boozy, Scotch whiskey note is so three-dimensional and fits in so well with the signature A*Men structure. I missed out on Pure Coffee, but I love Tobacco/cigar notes (though I hate smoking), and I think Pure Havane could be really amazing if they paid as much attention to detail as they did with Pure Malt.

I wish they would have put these out in metal flasks like those of the original A*men (the rubber ones are OK, but the metal ones are brilliant).

I'll keep you guys updated on my order and if and when it ships. Fingers crossed.

http://us.boutique.thierrymugler.com..._2_fragrances#

available at mugler website!!

ordering mine nowwwwwwww

Looks like they used the gold/amber Pure Malt bottles and put them into the brown Pure Coffee flasks....
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Ordered!!
    Awesome!

I had taken some heavy duty sleeping pills last night before bed and was going all woozy when I found Pure Havane and ordered it. I actually had to run and get my credit card from my car as I'd left it in a bag in my trunk. I passed out not long after ordering it and had a long stream of crazy dreams. I woke up this morning wondering if my ordering of Pure Havane was just a dream. I had to go check the confirmation on my email to see that I DID in fact order one.

Last edited by Indie_Guy; 7th February 2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: typo

does anyone know when it will be on sale in the UK?? I tried to order it from the online boutique, but it seems to only ship within the USA...

Please don't let it be another Pure Coffee mistake!!

What's the notes on this one?

Really looking forward to trying PH. Loved Pure Malt, And Amen has really grown on me in the last month or so. Turning into a Mugler-holic.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

I'm ready to give this a snif myself.....Hope it's a winner!
    Gary

ORDERED! Can't wait!

I cant wait for the reviews to start coming in.
    In the mean time, you gotta love the Blind-Buying free for all

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Awesome!

I had taken some heavy duty sleeping pills last night before bed and was going all woozy when I found Pure Havane and ordered it. I actually had to run and get my credit card from my car as I'd left it in a bag in my trunk. I passed out not long after ordering it and had a long stream of crazy dreams. I woke up this morning wondering if my ordering of Pure Havane was just a dream. I had to go check the confirmation on my email to see that I DID in fact order one.

Possibly the most gonzo blind buy story EVER.

Not blind buying! TM let me down too many times!
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    Not blind buying! TM let me down too many times!
    LOL I'm gonna blind-buy it, but I'll do it at the store. Gotta keep all my great SAs in business. I love both Malt and Coffee - so there's no way this ain't gonna rock for me. It'll never be like Havana, but that old classic is just in a class by itself. This stuff is gonna be new school, Mugleroid, wacky tobaccy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    LOL I'm gonna blind-buy it, but I'll do it at the store. Gotta keep all my great SAs in business. I love both Malt and Coffee - so there's no way this ain't gonna rock for me. It'll never be like Havana, but that old classic is just in a class by itself. This stuff is gonna be new school, Mugleroid, wacky tobaccy.
    I agree with that last point. I love Aramis Havana, but I hope this is way different. If there's one thing that Mugler fragrances ain't-- it's "stuffy". I think this scent is gonna rock also. I wore Pure Malt to work tonight and it was amazing. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't wearing too much so I asked a coworker if he could smell it. He leaned into my personal space, took a whiff and said he could, but that it didn't smell like a "cologne" and that it was great whatever it was.

Being a bartender and wearing Pure Malt is kind of a strange combination; Like being a mechanic and wearing Nostalgia on the job, or being a tree surgeon and wearing Versace Green Jeans while doing whatever the hell a tree surgeon actually does. I like it though. I was actually inspired to walk around opening bottles of Scotch and sniffing them- Mugler really got the whiskey notes so right in this one. It's intense and it permeates the whole scent through to the end.

So much care was taken with Pure Malt that I feel very confident that Pure Havane will be in the same league. I can't wait to get my bottle and review it!

Same as UK people before can't order from us boutique...
    But I have sent email to UK's TM customer service, regarding when it's gonna launch UK and if I can get sample ;p
    I'll let you know when they'll anserw.

But probably not too early because Pure Malt is still on shelves...
    Any Snusers on basenotes?
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/270424-Snusers!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I agree with that last point. I love Aramis Havana, but I hope this is way different. If there's one thing that Mugler fragrances ain't-- it's "stuffy". I think this scent is gonna rock also. I wore Pure Malt to work tonight and it was amazing. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't wearing too much so I asked a coworker if he could smell it. He leaned into my personal space, took a whiff and said he could, but that it didn't smell like a "cologne" and that it was great whatever it was.

Being a bartender and wearing Pure Malt is kind of a strange combination; Like being a mechanic and wearing Nostalgia on the job, or being a tree surgeon and wearing Versace Green Jeans while doing whatever the hell a tree surgeon actually does. I like it though. I was actually inspired to walk around opening bottles of Scotch and sniffing them- Mugler really got the whiskey notes so right in this one. It's intense and it permeates the whole scent through to the end.

So much care was taken with Pure Malt that I feel very confident that Pure Havane will be in the same league. I can't wait to get my bottle and review it!
    Ya see - that's a real statement of approval. I liked my whiskey back in the day, but never enough to really appreciate the fragrance. So when you say it has good whiskey notes, that really means something.

I'm hoping we have some real cigar aficionados and others who can speak to the Havana-ness of this juice. I loved cigars back when I was young, and I'm hoping it brings back some memories - but those memories are pretty stale, and they never touched real Cuban. I want to hear from our boys who still light up what they think of this stuff.

Either way, if I love it, I love it, and I think TM macho-note flankers are pretty much a no-brainer at this point.

PS - with 3 active threads already, I suppose the Pure Malt Havane Forum should be re-opened.

I Ordered it and I will try it..
    if I hate it please someone on here buy it from me or my girlfriend will kill me.
    -AVENTUS-

Where's that mini review Grant? It can't take that long to give this thing a sniff, taxes shouldn't take more than a day! haha.

Has anyone else actually given it a whiff yet? I hope fedex hurries, I love Pure Malt so much that I tend to hog it and not wear it often.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Can't wait to hear the thoughts on this one. I hope to sell my backup Pure Malt and buy this. That is if I end up enjoying it.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

i heard it smells like a half smoked wet and dirty cheap Phillies or DutchMaster cigar dipped in Hershey Syrup and then thrown up on by a bumble bee.
    I hope I didnt make a mistake.
    -AVENTUS-

Anyone know if this available in stores yet? Figured I'd go check it out.
    Expect the unexpected.

I just got my order a second ago

the bottle looks great. came with a black pouch thingy that had the box in it XD

my first impression i got from this is that the opening is like pure malt but with cigars.

I think i could see myself wearing this in spring break :P

Quote Originally Posted by TheDudeThatLikesThatSmell View Post
    I just got my order a second ago

the bottle looks great. came with a black pouch thingy that had the box in it XD

my first impression i got from this is that the opening is like pure malt but with cigars.

I think i could see myself wearing this in spring break :P
    sounds gross. I hate puremalt, especially the opening!
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

If the base still has a strong patchouli note, count me out.
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CanwllCorfe View Post
    If the base still has a strong patchouli note, count me out.
    What would an A*Men be without patchouli? :-)
    Offsite Sales - Updated June7th

Vintage Dia, Vetiver Dry, Angel parfum, Opium parfum for Sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/215962

Blog Entries

Anyone have a smell opinion of it?

Leaving work now, it should be at my door step today. I will give my thoughts when I get home. I have Pure Malt, and if they just mixed pure malt with tobacco I will be pissed because I couldn't imagine how horrible that would smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudassir View Post
    What would an A*Men be without patchouli? :-)
    Better! I actually enjoy Angel for that reason. Not much (if any tar), and not much patchouli either. I wonder if there will be a woman's counterpart.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Cigars as in...

or actual tobacco leaves...

?

No worries about blind buying if Nordstrom's or Sephora's involved. Just bring back it two months later or whenever if you don't like it and get your money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan D' Great View Post
    What's the notes on this one?
    A'Men, Tobacco, Tobacco Flower, and Spiced Rum ?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBee456 View Post
    Phillies or DutchMaster cigar dipped in Hershey Syrup and then thrown up on by a bumble bee.
    MMM.
    Such pleasant memories of splitting Phillies......

I hope you're right.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 9th February 2011 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Cigars as in...

or actual tobacco leaves...

?
    more like cigars i guess
    but as it settles down you get more of the tobacco leaves and i get vanilla too (not sure if it's in the fragrance itself) :?

did anyone else got the fragrance today?

more like cigars i guess
    but as it settles down you get more of the tobacco leaves and i get vanilla too (not sure if it's in the fragrance itself) :?
    Thanks for the info!

Hey bro, you seem tentative on declaring whether you like it not Thumbs up or thumbs down?

We need some more reviews (preferably raving, fanatical thumbs up) before we can really get the hype train rolling!

Unbelievably tempting to buy, but I'm going to hold off. "Honeyed Tobacco" sounds like Tobacco Vanille - I would be thrilled if they copied TV, or made something along those lines. Still have to wait on this one. The hype is unbelievable, but I'll wait until I've sampled this before I purchase a full bottle. With everyone's bottle shipping already, I expect to see a flood of reviews.

How long did it take for those that have already ordered to get shippng confirmation? I ordered mine this morning and received the order confirmation, but nothing else. Money was immediately deducted from my checking account, so....

I ordered mine yesterday and received a tracking number this morning by email.

Recieved mine today. Much more subtle than Pure Malt and not as bright.

Pure Coffee = Coffee
    Pure Malt = Whiskey
    Pure Havane = Cigar Tobacco

Pick your poison. I love all three.

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z View Post
    Recieved mine today. Much more subtle than Pure Malt and not as bright.
    Is its tobacco note smokey dried tobacco or is it more like fresh tobacco leaves?

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Is its tobacco note smokey dried tobacco or is it more like fresh tobacco leaves?
    Dried tobacco like you would find inside a cigar.

Its lighter and weaker than Pure Malt????

Im starting to dislike =(

If that tar note is toned down the way it is with Pure Coffee then I just might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Its lighter and weaker than Pure Malt????
    Im starting to dislike =(
    Even pure malt was a 2 spray max for me, and I wear scents heavily. Original Amen was like a 1.5 spray fragrance for me. "Weak" from Thierry/Manfred is still very very strong....must be a "relative weak"

Dried tobacco like you would find inside a cigar.
    Any hint of that ginger/nutmeg/cinnamon spiciness that goes with the Tobacco note like in Vintage Tabarome ? Any recognizable spices?

Also, If you were to asses a percentage of concentration for the "A*Men core", of Pure Havane, what would it be?

I.E,:
    Original A*Men 100%
    Pure Coffee 80%
    Pure Malt 70%
    Pure Havane _____

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    Any hint of that ginger/nutmeg/cinnamon spiciness that goes with the Tobacco note like in Vintage Tabarome ? Any recognizable spices?
    I've only had it on a few hours now. Initial blast was Pure Cigar tobacco. Drydown I am definately detecting some cinnamon, vanilla, and patchouli.

A*Men 100%
    Pure Malt 85%
    Pure Coffee/Pure Havane 75%

Hmmmmm so it is similar to Pure Coffee in the A*Men base? Getting more interesting to me...... with all the disappointment in people and all the blind buying on this there might be a bottle or 2 available to trade for...huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    Hmmmmm so it is similar to Pure Coffee in the A*Men base? Getting more interesting to me...... with all the disappointment in people and all the blind buying on this there might be a bottle or 2 available to trade for...huh.
    You could also mistake it for Pure Malt as well. These are three very similar fragrances in my opinion.

I've only had it on a few hours now. Initial blast was Pure Cigar tobacco. Drydown I am definately detecting some cinnamon, vanilla, and patchouli.
    So cinnamon/sweet spicyness also distinguishes this from the other Pure series? Obviously the tobacco must be very prominent, but would you say the sweet-spicyness is prominent? Like much more spiciness than any other A*Men? Is there any clove like Tobacco Vanille, or just cinnamon?