Code of Conduct

Default YSL La Nuit De L'Homme (EDP) / Euphoria Intense / 1 Million / Black Code

Hi guys,

I need your help choosing between these fragrances...

Paco Rabanne - 1 Million
    Giorgio Armani - Black Code
    YSL - La Nuit De L'Homme (EDP)
    Calvin Klein - Euphoria Men Intense

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !!!

Default Re: YSL La Nuit De L'Homme (EDP) / Euphoria Intense / 1 Million / Black Code

I like 1 Million and La Nuit de Lhomme (EdT).
    Dont know the EdP.
    Both are great

My personal choice: 1 Million

Default Re: YSL La Nuit De L'Homme (EDP) / Euphoria Intense / 1 Million / Black Code

YSL La Nuit EdP is very nice stuff. Reasonably priced too. Jump on it.

Ysl

It depends on your taste, purpose, age, and weather where you live.

DeepSilence

La Nuit De L'Homme by YvesSaintLaurent

If you live in America, 1 million. If you live anywhere else, La Nuit. Like economics, It's all about scarcity.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Euphoria Intense. It has a nice (synthetic) leathery oud note paired with some sharp green cedar leaf. An interesting scent that is underrated here.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    It depends on your taste, purpose, age, and weather where you live.
    I agree but you must also account for longitude, latitude, temperature, relative humidity, and cultural expectations.

I like 1 Million but it is more of a club fragrance.

My vote is for YSL -- I use the EDT just about everyday (and can be used for just about any occasion), but I've heard the EDP is pretty different. Different in the sense that they redid the whole fragrance. This is me going from what I've heard, I've never tried it.

I like 1 Million for what it is, something that should only be worn when you're having a fun night out, but it's gotten way too popular. It's gotten to the point that anywhere you go you're guaranteed to have at least two or three guys wearing it.

I own 1 Million, La nuit (EDT), and CK Intense Euphoria. Haven't tried black code, but tried code.

Out of all of them I say La Nuit would be your best buy for overall versatility. EDP I think probably a stronger version? If not try the EDT it is strong enough. Last 9+ hours on me.

1 Million is good but can get cloying, very sweet cotton candy like. CK Euphoria Intense is sweet creamy like. Something very simliar to CK EUPHORA intense is Emporio Armani Diamonds . I think Diamonds last longer and projects better.

Also if i might add since you look like you like sweet scents. Try D & G The one. I just retested it and I really like it. I like sweet smells but not too sweet. The one is very good.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

YSL - La Nuit De L'Homme (EDP) Go with this one.

All good choices, but euphoria intense is my favorite fragrance. I have to agree with sculptureofsoul when he says it underrated, but to be honest, I'm glad it is so it doesn't become super popular. I really like la nuit and 1 million as well.

Blog Entries

La Nuit de l`Homme Yves Saint Laurent for men
    Sophistocated stylish and verstile

Quote Originally Posted by Koureas G View Post
    Hi guys,

I need your help choosing between these fragrances...

Paco Rabanne - 1 Million
    Giorgio Armani - Black Code
    YSL - La Nuit De L'Homme (EDP)
    Calvin Klein - Euphoria Men Intense

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !!!
    I own all 4 and I must say, it truly depends on what your occasion entails. Are you looking for an all around scent, or perhaps a clubbing/ social scent, or formal, occasional, so on and so forth. Calvin Klein Euphoria Intense is a very sexy occasional scent. It's not at all a serious formal scent. It's like a sweet, subdued chocolate. It's great for the colder weather but can be used in the warmer weather, just be easy on the trigger.
    Armani Code is one of those scents that can be dressed up or down. It's a bit subtle but very sexy as well. I can see it as a signature scent but imo it shouldnt be worn as a clubbing/bar scent because longevity and sillage isnt too great.
    La Nuit EDP is great as a formal/occasional scent but the edt is a bit better imo. Theres added pepper and a bit more spice than the edt and it's more damp and less woody. The edt is a wonderful dry cedar with the sweet oriental vanilla. The edp version doesnt seem to hold a candle to the original although both are very nice, both great for any setting/occasion.
    1 Million is the most potent fragrance Ive ever came across! It's super sweet bubblegum in a bottle! Perfect for the club or any other setting (if used lightly). As for occasion, nothing formal at all but great for anything else.
    Overall if I had to choose, Id go with 1 Million, then La Nuit, then Black Code, then Euphoria Intense. I hope this helped!

La nuit hands down!
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Banned

it depends on how u plan on wearing them, 1 million is definitely not an everyday kinda frag. It's a "club banger" as it cuts through all smells like smoke and body odor. I would go with La nuit de l'homme as it is a great signature scent and can be worn everyday. Euphoria was spotty longevity and projection, although not quite as much as the original euphoria for men. unfamiliar with black code but from that list i would go with La Nuit de L'homme

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    YSL - La Nuit De L'Homme (EDP) Go with this one.
    the eau de parfum and eau de toilette dont smell exactly the same

I own all four of them, so here is my brief analysis.

Versatility wise: La Nuit will suite every occasion and is well balanced; however:

For Parties/clubbing, where you want to impress women: 1 Million (chicks somehow dig it and it will reign supreme in comparison to any other frag at a club)

Tuxedo/formal occasion/Date/parties: Armani Code (earlier it was known as Black code, it has boozy lavenderish powdery smell)

For a date/movies/evening walks/sleep over: CK Euphoria Intense (best CK fragrance ever, will attract women has some masculinity in it........very similar to 1 Million but slightly less intense)

For all the above: La Nuit (though it is less intense than 1 million and less powdery than Code)

I hope you get the picture!!
    Last edited by tutu1234; 3rd November 2011 at 06:57 PM.

ysl. or the new CK Shock seems to be La Nuit w a little 1 Million mixed in

La nuit ainec

My vote goes for La Nuit or 1 Million.
    For a more refined, formal (also casual), and overall night out feel, go with La Nuit
    For a more fun, young, casual (not very formal), and also a fun night out feel, go with 1 million

Basenotes Member

I have only have black code and la nuit, but la nuit is much butter.

1 million is way too popular, scratch that. Euphoria intense is OK, but not on par with the other two.

Definitely between Code and YSL for me. Most likely YSL.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

1 million would by my choice. Regardless of its popularity, I think its a great scent.

I'd take most likely either One Million or La Nuit EDP.

La Nuit, but go with the EdT as has been recommended
    I'm liquidating my collection to help fund my site. Please show your support for the FPindex and buy buy buy - Tuscan Leather, Egoiste, Costume National 21, etc!

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/302...**-Come-on-in-)

Founder of the Fragrance Potency Index (FPindex)
    Providing real data on fragrance projection and sillage! Check it out
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/FPIndex
    Facebook: [utl]http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Fragrance-Potency-Index/422023624539612[/url]

Banned

1 Million by Paco Rabanne is a perfect clubbing scent, and has a sweet, spicy, bubble-gum smell. It has great projection, wherein the scent goes beyond your personal space, and average longevity, about 8 hours. However, it can get cloying, so easy on the tigger - spray sparingly.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

La Nuit dd L'homme, edp is excellent. Lasts much longer than the edt and is less powdery than the edt.
    One million? Nice, leaves a scent cloud around you when you are clubbing. Great going out scent, yet more on the synthetic side. I prefer Spicebomb to One Million.
    CK Euphoria is very good fragrance. Don't have the Intense version.
    Armani is simply over priced and not worth the $$$ IMHO.