Code of Conduct

Default Dior Fahrenheit Absolute....Any Opinions

Just started wearing Fahrenheit and was surprised that I liked it!

Just wondering if you guys have any opinion on Absolute?

Default Re: Dior Fahrenheit Absolute....Any Opinions

It's my favorite of all the Fahrenheit versions and I like all the versions.

I love it and girls love it on me.

Check out this good old thread about it:

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/234...I-own-a-bottle

It's very good stuff but it's very different to the original. Try it first!

I don´t like it, the violet note looks like a dark fruit , some kind of cherry or berry, with a sour and sticky sensation that doesn´t leave through the end of his evolution.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garçons man 2

Sur la Plage

Fahrenheit Absolute > Fahrenheit (current version)
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Even though I'm biased towards flankers, I think fahrenheit absolute is both worthy of being a fahrenheit and a great scent on its own accord.

Fahrenheit Absolute is a more intense version of Fahrenheit, and fortunately a better one. I must agree that this is not for everyone, but it's original and makes a statement every time I wear it.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by blackened View Post
    I don´t like it, the violet note looks like a dark fruit , some kind of cherry or berry, with a sour and sticky sensation that doesn´t leave through the end of his evolution.
    Agree

For what I've noticed it is seldom mentioned, even less spoken of. I myself even, rarely mention it or even wear it. Interesting thing is that this scent is very good, more than very good. Disputable if it could fall into niche category, but in my opinion quite close to that category. It doesn't copy any designer scent, it is dark-ish, sort of full of mystique, thick, weirdly yet faintly sweet but also cold in character. I'd say it's quite an intriguing scent that deserves more attention. As I see it now, it's quite much off the radar.

Way,way better than standard Farenheit.

Got Aoud in it, too!

Dependent

I'm quite curious about this stuff -- it's not easy to find a tester anywhere. I'm not usually a fan of smoky incense, but the violet leaf against that intrigues me.

Buy it, own it, love it!

I found this scent to be very subtle. Longevity is not an issue, it's that highly expected projection that it fails at in my opinion. I want to get rid of it, but each time I put it on and smell it, I change my mind

I like it a lot, and I'm considering a bottle. I wore the old Fahrenheit a lot, and never bought the newer version when my old one ran out. Absolute is not really similar to the original, just an undertone that suggests it. I think the dry down of Absolute is rich and balsamic.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTheBeginner View Post
    Way,way better than standard Farenheit.

Got Aoud in it, too!
    +1..............and the original (or current formulation of it) is pretty good too!

I think its great, and sometimes i think that its better than M7

As others have said, Absolute is much better than original.

One other thing I must add, it develops 100 times better in summer evenings and then it comes at its best and full, even though it is regarded as a winter scent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zgb View Post
    One other thing I must add, it develops 100 times better in summer evenings and then it comes at its best and full, even though it is regarded as a winter scent.
    Totally Agree.

I was pleasantly surprised, the classy, powerhouse leathery notes are much better developed in this flanker

Oh my! Fahrenheit was under my radar up until now. I remember smelling a strip that came with a magazine in the 90s, don't know which version. Then I wasn't so much into perfume, but I remember thinking "how nice and unconventional!"... so now I've hurried to buy a mini of the original (I think it's the original formula), but reading this I'll also have to check out the Absolute!

A great find, I was approaching some Dior's counter looking to replace my Dune's empty bottle when an SA smiled at me and said : "Hmm.. Fahrenheit Absolute?" I remembered reading some positive stuff on basenotes (thanks for that) so wanted to see if her judgment was on point.. Tried it, liked it, bought it,now still enjoying it.
    To me it's a sexy very masculine fragrance, and at ok price too. Also prefered it to the actual fahrenheit.
    When I find l'air du désert marocain a bit too much sometimes, this one I use quite a lot these days!

My two cents over the Fahfrenheit line:

"Vintage" Fahrenheit > Fahrenheit Absolute > "new" Fahrenheit > Aqua Fahrenheit

The normal Farenheit seems to have almost 0 projection on my skin. Might try the absolute out.

i get terrible projection from the current Fahrenheit as well. From the original one i get very good one, so you might want to try that one out. Absolute has very good longevity but projection is just above average.