Code of Conduct

Default Is it just me, or does Amouage Reflection for Men smells like Le Male mixed with Corn Tortillas...

Is it just me, or does Amouage Reflection for Men smells like Le Male mixed with freshly made corn tortillas...

Default Re: Is it just me, or does Amouage Reflection for Men smells like Le Male mixed with Corn Tortillas.

It's just you.

Default Re: Is it just me, or does Amouage Reflection for Men smells like Le Male mixed with Corn Tortillas.

contrary, though i personally have never smelt reflection man, i have read numerous amounts of people who have the same impression as you

It smells nothin like LeMale nor corn tortillas.

I've experienced the anosmia/hyperosmia (not sure which it is in this case) issue that others have and have smelled teh corn tortilla note. I've also gotten a strong cumin note in this too, when my nose wasn't perceiving it properly. I can definitely sympathize with those who don't/can't smell this as it was meant to smell - because when perceiving it improperly as such it smells HORRIBLE!

That being said, when I can perceive it properly, it smells divine. A hint of Le Male I suppose, and a hint of Joop!, but so much better than either. It's probably closer to Fleur du Male and Prada Amber than Le Male or Joop!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

I think neroli tends to do that if the main oomph has it as prominent note.

Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    It's just you.
    I have no clue why, but this comment just made me seriously laugh. I don't even see the Le Male connection really, let alone corn tortillas!?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

So far out of all the Amouage I tried, Epic is the best. I still have the hommage attar, memoir, and Dia coming in the mail this week.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    So far out of all the Amouage I tried, Epic is the best. I still have the hommage attar, memoir, and Dia coming in the mail this week.
    You're in for a treat with Memoir and Dia. Both are two of my absolute favorite Amouages. I don't like Epic, but that's just personal preference.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

What would it smell like to someone who has never smelled a corn tortilla?

Reflection seems epic beside Epic. ;-)

Oh my God, I can't believe it...yo...after resmelling my wrist where I applied a little bit of Reflection, I just got the corn tortillas! lol!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I can definetely get that reference! lol And that doesn't take away from the scent in any way, but...I totally get the reference.

Yes, I do get that tortilla chips vibe in its opening and middle stage. I also asked my friend, who owns a bottle of Reflection Man, if he gets the same tortilla chips vibe, and he says he does but still loves it because of its dry down. It's not for me, though.

I'm planning on eating Adoba tomorrow night with fresh corn tortillas. Hopefully no one in the restaurant will be too worried when there is this patron carefully and contemplatingly sniffing them.

Reflection or not, Reflection or not, that is the question. Check. Evaluate. Recheck. Check. Evaluate. Recheck. Repeat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Oh my God, I can't believe it...yo...after resmelling my wrist where I applied a little bit of Reflection, I just got the corn tortillas! lol!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, I can definetely get that reference! lol And that doesn't take away from the scent in any way, but...I totally get the reference.
    Yeah - when I first read this corn tortilla thing, which was after my first wear of RM, it really clicked with me. There is a slightly gourmand aspect to RM, and I didn't know what it was, but then I read this on another thread. BAM. That's it. That's what is closest to it. But don't think of it as an insult. If you have ever read the amazing fragrance-related novel Jitterbug Perfume, you'll know what I mean. To those who have read it, all I've got to say is "TPT". (and if you haven't read it, be sure to wear Reflection Man as you read the final chapters.)

RM in no way resembles corn tortillas or Le Male to me. I made the mistake today and just tried a couple squirts of Le Male and to me its a scrubber, horrid. I did not want to wake up in them morning smelling like that. NOTHING like Reflection Man to my nose.

RM is truly unique scent on it's own just like all Amouage fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Go to Mexico and smell fresh corn tortillas. It's an awesome aoroma

The opening is quite similar to Le Male, then the dry down goes entire different, goes green.

unique, but dreadful!

+1 for the title of this thread

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I can definitely sympathize with those who don't/can't smell this as it was meant to smell - because when perceiving it improperly as such it smells HORRIBLE!
    Maybe it's meant to smell like corn tortillas. And yes, I do get it. Though it's more seasoned corn chips.

I wonder if corn essential oil was part of the formula?

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    It's just you.
    yap , it was a dream.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

I don't know about the corn tortillas, but when I tried Reflection Man, it reminded me of Rochas Lui in some way. Someone mentioned neroli, and that might be why I got the association since Lui also has it. I might wear Reflection again this afternoon to see.

Blog Entries

I actually thought of Le Male when I tried Reflection Man, too. They have the same tobacco leaf note, so it's not that crazy, though I can't vouch for the corn tortilla note. But I generally trust what Larwiz says...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Now that's funny.

Basenotes Institution

Ah, the corn tortilla note.

There's a whole bunch of that accord in the feminine Ego Facto scent, Poopoo Pidoo that I reviewed here.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by rogalal View Post
    I actually thought of Le Male when I tried Reflection Man, too. They have the same tobacco leaf note, so it's not that crazy, though I can't vouch for the corn tortilla note. But I generally trust what Larwiz says...
    Hey man...I definetely appreciate the vote of confidence! :-)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Ah, the corn tortilla note.

There's a whole bunch of that accord in the feminine Ego Facto scent, Poopoo Pidoo that I reviewed here.
    That's it - new aromachemical. In one formula, it's novelty in top-shelf classic stuff. In another, it's..... poopoo pidoo.

Thanks for the very helpful pointer and review, Mike.

you guys are all crazy

smells like flour tortillas

Y'know, I pick up a bit of that corn tortilla note in orange blossom honey. I do get it sometimes w/ Reflection Man (when my chemical sensitivities are not acting up), but it's always quite subdued and I have to really search for it. There is an orange blossom honey presence in the heart of Reflection, though, for sure.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I hated Reflection for a long time, but strangely I`ve now started to like it again! The trick for me is to go very light on the trigger. Only 2 sprays (one of them under the shirt).

Tried this but don't see the relationship with the referenced fragrance or food item.

AromiErotici

Just sprinkle yourself with seasoning salt and you'll be g2g.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Tried this but don't see the relationship with the referenced fragrance or food item.
    me neither.
    my current top five (always in transition)

Dior Eau Noire
    HdP 1725 Casanova
    eau de gloire parfum d'empire
    Dia man Amouage
    comme des garšons man 2

Le Male with corn tortillas? I'll have to try that. It sounds good actually!

I have no experience with Le Male, but I do get the corn note and find Reflection repugnant. It┤s the only Amouage I┤ve tried that I don┤t like.

There's really more of a 'pencil eraser' accord in it than corn tortilla, imo.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!