Code of Conduct

Default F by Ferragamo PH - A Scent Too Subtle.

I picked up F by Ferragamo yesterday quite cheaply, and have been puzzled by it ever since. OsMoz describe it as Oriental Woody and,
    "Story
    F by Ferragamo Pour Homme is fascinating and flamboyant, like the communication of the fragrance. It conveys an image of “innate elegance, affirmed sensuality, virile emotion and irresistible power of attraction”. F by Ferragamo also exists in a feminine version, launched in 2006.
    Description
    F Pour Homme is an ambery woody fragrance. It opens with fresh notes of apple and lavender, then unveils a spicy heart around black pepper from Madagascar. The ambery-leathery-solar drydown is due to labdanum.
    "

Yes, I smell a slight bit of amber and apple after spraying it on, but I really had to stick my nose close to where I sprayed it on my arm. It hung around for a good 9 hours, but again I could only really detect it if I stuck my nose against my arm. It came to life briefly when some water splashed on it when I was washing my hands.

So, what is this ultra subtle scent good for?
    I suspect it would be very handy for those times when you're crushed into an elevator with large numbers of other people, and fear that your scent may offend someone.
    No problems here, no one will be offended by this scent - their underarm deodorant will be putting out more scent than this one.

I think I'll make it my new beach scent, perhaps the water will bring it to life a few times.

Does anybody think I'm being overly harsh on this scent?
    Does it seem louder than I describe on you?
    Regards,
    Renato

Default Re: F by Ferragamo PH - A Scent Too Subtle.

F by Ferragamo Pour Homme is a nice summer scent. On my skin, F is not that subtle as you describe. I usually do 4 sprays. It lasts 6-7 hours and projects quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by jss View Post
    F by Ferragamo Pour Homme is a nice summer scent. On my skin, F is not that subtle as you describe. I usually do 4 sprays. It lasts 6-7 hours and projects quite well.
    Thanks for your thoughts. Could the perceived difference in effect have something to do with you living in a more humid location, whereas it's quite dry here at the moment?
    Regards,
    Renato

Update -
    I wore F today, and my wife thought it was stronger than I thought.

That said, F must have some pretty good amber in it, as my wife sneezes strongly to good amber (like that in L'Artisan's Amber Extreme), and she promptly sneezed 8 or 9 times - and I had to stay away from her for a while.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

Just because you can't smell it on yourself doesn't mean others can't. Try asking those around you, especially the ladies... You might be surprised.

Edit: your wife has just proven my point. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    Just because you can't smell it on yourself doesn't mean others can't. Try asking those around you, especially the ladies... You might be surprised.

Edit: your wife has just proven my point. LOL.
    I must admit that you are correct and that I was surprised.
    The only other scents I've had a similar experience with are Emporio Armani He and Bvlgari Homme, which also seemed ultra subtle to me.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Yeah, I agree with JSS. This one projects quite well and lasts 8-10 hrs on my skin. I usually use about 2-4 sprays and I'm good for the entire day. No surprise your wife picked up on it easily as its not a shy fragrance. I would describe its projection as above average and moderate to strong.

Takes time to develop. Smells like nothing at first then explodes later, so probably choc-full of Iso-E. F black is better.

Quote Originally Posted by timkm1 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with JSS. This one projects quite well and lasts 8-10 hrs on my skin. I usually use about 2-4 sprays and I'm good for the entire day. No surprise your wife picked up on it easily as its not a shy fragrance. I would describe its projection as above average and moderate to strong.
    Thanks. Well, I am partly colour blind.
    I keep wondering if perhaps I'm partly note blind to what people are picking up as projecting from this scent.
    Cheers,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by shadidahs View Post
    Takes time to develop. Smells like nothing at first then explodes later, so probably choc-full of Iso-E. F black is better.
    Thanks. I haven't tested the black version. I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Regards,
    Renato

Based on what they say about IsoE, I wouldn't be surprised if it was there. Seems like it's in everything nowadays.

F Black is DIFFERENT; I don't know if I'd say its any better or worse. Its gotta a totally different vibe to it. Sometimes I don't like it as much since it feels more synthetic. I've noticed, however, that it lasts 24hrs or more when applied to my shirt and I even enjoy the smell better when I spray once on my neck and once on my shirt. When sprayed on the skin, it lasts about the same as F Pour Homme - approx. 9hrs or so.

My brother in law wears this and I found it QUITE strong. I'm not sure on his application but I could smell it in any vicinity where he was. I liked it but there was a synthetic note that kept sticking out to me. Just smelled very summery fresh to me.
    Last edited by ToughCool; 9th February 2011 at 07:06 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan

Sur la Plage

F black is better.
    I agree.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread