Code of Conduct

Default How much leather in Givenchy Gentleman?

I used to love the old formulation (from the nineties) and would like to buy the new one, unsniffed. I won't ask about the old/new differences, there are many great threads dealing with that question.

I was wondering about the "Russian leather" note in particular: what's it like in the new one?

Thanks a lot!

Default Re: How much leather in Givenchy Gentleman?

I only have the new formulation and the leather seems to be strong on the opening then the patchouli takes over in the drydown and the leather fades to become a supporting act for the patchouli note. Great fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: How much leather in Givenchy Gentleman?

Yeah, I've found it pretty much the same as Jack - I have the new and vintage formulations and I love both. The new is in a nutshell a 'cleaned up' version of the old, a little smoother, lighter and cleaner smelling. The leather note is still there and smells pretty much the same as in the vintage formulation but the smooth patchouli is the dominant note in the drydown. As many have said on here, the new version isn't inferior to the vintage. It is still good and powerful, lasts forever and smells 100% natural. It's slightly lighter making it a good all year round fragrance.