Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Order Mugler Pure Havane Now!!!!

I just received an email from Theirry Mugler for this link to order Pure Havane with free shipping:
    http://us.boutique.thierrymugler.com...avane-_-havane

My order has been placed and the prerelease offer with free shipping is good for the next three days. Get it while its hot and let the madness begin Here's hoping for 80 bucks well spent.
    Fletch31

Edit: Looks like this got scooped yesterday as someone stumbled upon this page in a search on Mugler's website. Free shipping and your choice of 3 free samples may be the only news I have to add
    Last edited by Fletch31; 8th February 2011 at 03:46 PM.

Default Re: Order Mugler Pure Havane Now!!!!

Dont know about the free shipping only on the next 3 days

According to the special offer email I received from being a member of Mugler's circle this morning, it is shipped free and available only for the next 3 days. If you dont order during that time you will have to wait for the official release which I understand to be in May according to Grant. I also read a post that a Nordstroms rep said it would be available on the 14th of Feb in store so I don't know. My order shipped free. This free shipping link is likely only for USA customers unfortunately, though perhaps those who live elsewhere and are members of Mugler's circle have received or will receive emails for with links for their markets.
    Last edited by Fletch31; 8th February 2011 at 03:41 PM.

Mine shipped free today also.

Ordered! Thanks for the heads up!
    I smell marshmallows!

I just ordered mine this morning. Hope this is a good one.

Blog Entries

I can't believe I still haven't and still won't order this...I refuse to buy any fragrances blind regardless of brand

Cart isn't functioning on Safari.

Can anyone confirm that these are shipping NOW, as opposed to a pre-order where the product will ship sometime in the near future? Anyone receive a UPS tracking number?

And so yet another BN-hyped frag is born! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    I can't believe I still haven't and still won't order this...I refuse to buy any fragrances blind regardless of brand
    Attaboy - tuff it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    I cant log in to "my account" using safari for mac.

Have to use firefox, grrr

Placed my order. Sigh.

Basenotes hype: 1, inscents: 0

I was able to use Safari to order without any issues.

Mine ships today. I have my tracking number. I don't know where it's shipping from, but it's estimated to be delivered on Thursday.

If anyone doesn't want to deal with the onslaught of all the reviews, hype, discussion, hysteria over Pure Havane, this weekend might be a good time to take a little vacation from Basenotes, because it might get a little smoky in here...

OMG OMG who has smelled it?! We need passionate and conflicting full reports, stat!!!

Have fun guys!
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Shipping Confirmation received today as well as a FedEx tracking number.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I was able to use Safari to order without any issues.

Mine ships today. I have my tracking number. I don't know where it's shipping from, but it's estimated to be delivered on Thursday.

If anyone doesn't want to deal with the onslaught of all the reviews, hype, discussion, hysteria over Pure Havane, this weekend might be a good time to take a little vacation from Basenotes, because it might get a little smoky in here...

my fedex tracking says ill get it on the 12th .. nice

Well, it looks like they've already sold out!!! Better luck next time, guys.

j/k

What is the special gift from the second order from mugler.com?

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    What is the special gift from the second order from mugler.com?
    I am wondering the same thing.

i receive the email also.. but they can't shipped it to me since they don't do international shipment.. anyone here cares to help me?

Mine should arrive tomorrow according to Fedex

Does any of you, who just ordered Pure Havane, also has Tobacco Vanille? Would love to hear a first impression and comparison between the two.

Not a fan of Tobacco Vanille. The Tobacco top notes are too strong for me, very stinky. Decent dry down and a weird smelling vanilla. Hard to wear fragrance. I have a feeling A*men will balance the Tobacco nicely

Angry Re: Order Mugler Pure Havane Now!!!!

Damnit....you guys convinced me. Ordered!!

I just ignored my email this morning like most emails from Thierry Mugler. So thank you for posting this, otherwise I might have missed it.
    Last edited by RyanT; 9th February 2011 at 01:50 AM.

I've just received the email this morning too and they sold me at honeyed tobacco but since I'm not a fan of Pure Malt as well as patchouli, I think I'll wait for the reviews then make my decision.

I am not normally a fan of Mugler fragrances, but I can patiently wait until I travel to Singapore so hopefully it will be available for sample by then.

Just received the Fedex tracking number too!

Ah, and the 2nd order gift is a fragrance miniature (not sample). A angel (woman) flanker it seems.

Woo just got my fedex tracking also, lemme see what samples show up ummm.... Shooting Star, Womanity, and Metal Reflexion never heard of that last one will have to look that up.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

can a 20yr old where this?
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Quote Originally Posted by Quiptos View Post
    Woo just got my fedex tracking also, lemme see what samples show up ummm.... Shooting Star, Womanity, and Metal Reflexion never heard of that last one will have to look that up.
    Metal Reflexion is another name they use for A*Men. Didn't you get the opportunity to choose which three samples you wanted?

yeah metal reflexion is just A*Men in a metal refillable flask rather than the rubber flask. Don't know how they would send that out as a sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch31 View Post
    yeah metal reflexion is just A*Men in a metal refillable flask rather than the rubber flask. Don't know how they would send that out as a sample.
    I wouldn´t complain if they send me the full 3.4oz metal reflexion bottle lol!

yea I just picked 3 of the 5 listed but they came out as different names on the shipping I guess, no biggie really. That would rock if they were out of a*men samples and just sent me a big full metal flask, no complaint there! I still don't have a full bottle of A*men yet but it's on the list, love the soap.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

So my Pure Havane just came via Fedex. First thoughts. It is probably the best smelling and most wearable A*Men fragrance to me. If not, one of the best fragrances I have smelled. I could even wear this to work, during the day, or a night out. It is not cloying, and can be warn in all four seasons, especially the summer. Definitely more pleasant than A*Men, Pure Malt, and Pure Coffee. A Very fresh fragrance, the tobacco is extremely well done, and not overpowering tobacco. It is sweet, but not too sweet, done just right. 10 times better than Tobacco Vanille. The Vanilla note is not weird like Tobacco Vanille. Pure Havane is a sweet fresh honey Tobacco. I sprayed Tobacco Vanille on one hand, and Pure Havane on the other, then New Haarlem on my forearm. For some reason I smelled a hint of New Haarlem chocolate note. I thought New Haarlem was my signature scent, NOT ANYMORE!! I have never smelled anything like it, I can't stop smelling my hand. I say definitely blind buy this frag, it will be in your Top 3 quickly. If you thought Pure Malt or A*Men was overpowering and cloying at times, Pure Havane is wonderful, you can wear it at anytime. This kills my Niche's. Mugler finally perfected A*Men. OMG, I'm loving it! It is a very Sexy scent, definite Panty dropper!
    Last edited by Dark Caesar; 10th February 2011 at 01:50 AM.

A fresh tobacco????
    like wintery cool/cold fresh?
    or live plant vegetal/leafy fresh?
    or even powder-out-the-shower fresh?

Also, is it less or more sweet than either New Haarlem or Tobacco Vanille ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post
    So my Pure Havane just came via Fedex. First thoughts. It is probably the best smelling and most wearable A*Men fragrance to me. If not, one of the best fragrances I have smelled. I could even wear this to work, during the day, or a night out. It is not cloying, and can be warn in all four seasons, especially the summer. Definitely more pleasant than A*Men, Pure Malt, and Pure Coffee. A Very fresh fragrance, the tobacco is extremely well done, and not overpowering tobacco. It is sweet, but not too sweet, done just right. 10 times better than Tobacco Vanille. The Vanilla note is not weird like Tobacco Vanille. Pure Havane is a sweet fresh honey Tobacco. I sprayed Tobacco Vanille on one hand, and Pure Havane on the other, then New Haarlem on my forearm. For some reason I smelled a hint of New Haarlem chocolate note. I thought New Haarlem was my signature scent, NOT ANYMORE!! I have never smelled anything like it, I can't stop smelling my hand. I say definitely blind buy this frag, it will be in your Top 3 quickly. If you thought Pure Malt or A*Men was overpowering and cloying at times, Pure Havane is wonderful, you can wear it at anytime. This kills my Niche's. Mugler finally perfected A*Men. OMG, I'm loving it! It is a very Sexy scent, definite Panty dropper!

I would say it is less sweeter than both New Haarlem (meant to be sweet) and Tobacco Vanille (a weird sweetness to me). You smell a sweetness there, but the Honey Tobacco makes it more pleasant. People who dislike sweet fragrances like New Haarlem, Rochas Man, 1 million, will love this fragrance. There is a difference between candy sweet, and masculine sweetness that is done right and not over the top.

A fresh tobacco????
    like wintery cool/cold fresh?
    or live plant vegetal/leafy fresh?
    or even powder-out-the-shower fresh?

Also, is it less or more sweet than either New Haarlem or Tobacco Vanille ?

I would say it is less sweeter than both New Haarlem (meant to be sweet) and Tobacco Vanille (a weird sweetness to me).
    Excellent, both were too sweet for me. although Tobacco Vanille had just enough spice and tobacco to bring it masculin enough for me.

There is a difference between candy sweet, and masculine sweetness that is done right and not over the top.
    True. And so far all the Mugler Pure Series, and their ancestor, A*Men, have been over the line, over the top to sweet, with Pure Malt being the best (most tempered) so far. I'm eager for my bottle to arrive.

Now, would you ascribe any of the "fresh" tags, I mentioned in my previous post quoting you, to your description of Pure Havane being "fresh" ?

I was kidding before about the online boutique being sold out, but I don't see it available on the Mugler site anymore. Strange. The first time I found Pure Havane on the Mugler site I found it not by going to the site, but through a backdoor of sorts-- when I googled "Pure Havane Mugler" one of the searches went to the page on the site where it was available. When I tried just going to the Mugler site on its own, I couldn't find any trace of Pure Havane--even by going to the site and typing "Pure Havane" into the search box.

Then, after I ordered mine, the next day I found that one could find Pure Havane by just going to the Mugler site and clicking on "What's New". Now, it isn't there anymore. I guess maybe they're not selling any more until the official release date. Kind of a strange way to roll out a new limited edition scent. It was barely promoted on their site and difficult to find. I wonder if it was made available too early on their website by some glitch, and I managed to order one and mentioned it here, prompting an avalanche of other people to place orders, so they just went ahead and shipped them. (probably not, but that would be kind of cool!) It looks like all mention of it has been pulled from their site at the moment. The only "Limited Edition" mentioned is Pure Malt, though it's not for sale there either.

I mean-- if they wanted to run a 3-day sale or something like that, one would think they would have promoted it somehow or mentioned it specifically. Weird but I'm not complaining. I guess I'll find out when the fedex guy comes later. Like I said before, if it's anywhere near as good as Pure Malt, I'm going to be impressed. I can't wait for the first spritz...

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I was kidding before about the online boutique being sold out, but I don't see it available on the Mugler site anymore. Strange. The first time I found Pure Havane on the Mugler site I found it not by going to the site, but through a backdoor of sorts-- when I googled "Pure Havane Mugler" one of the searches went to the page on the site where it was available. When I tried just going to the Mugler site on its own, I couldn't find any trace of Pure Havane--even by going to the site and typing "Pure Havane" into the search box.

Then, after I ordered mine, the next day I found that one could find Pure Havane by just going to the Mugler site and clicking on "What's New". Now, it isn't there anymore. I guess maybe they're not selling any more until the official release date. Kind of a strange way to roll out a new limited edition scent. It was barely promoted on their site and difficult to find. I wonder if it was made available too early on their website by some glitch, and I managed to order one and mentioned it here, prompting an avalanche of other people to place orders, so they just went ahead and shipped them. (probably not, but that would be kind of cool!) It looks like all mention of it has been pulled from their site at the moment. The only "Limited Edition" mentioned is Pure Malt, though it's not for sale there either.

I mean-- if they wanted to run a 3-day sale or something like that, one would think they would have promoted it somehow or mentioned it specifically. Weird but I'm not complaining. I guess I'll find out when the fedex guy comes later. Like I said before, if it's anywhere near as good as Pure Malt, I'm going to be impressed. I can't wait for the first spritz...
    They did send out an email promoting a "exclusive" 2 day sale, that's actually how I found out about it.

Yes the link I posted as the OP above still works but today is the last day. The early promotion was a reward to mugler circle members. Of course the link worked for everyone but it was advertised to circle members in an email.

Got my bottled this morning.

First post btw.....Hi all.

I by no means am a fragrance expert. only been at it for a 5 months or so. First impressions are... "wow, cigars!" by cigars i mean, fresh from the humidor, unsmoked cigars. the opening is pure malt overwhelmed with cigar tobacco. it is a little to much tobacco for me....and it more tolerable in the dry down.

would i have bought this after smelling a sample? - No. It is not bad juice by any means...it just isn't rocking my world. Granted, Pure Malt didn't rock my world at first either, but after some time with it, it is now my absolute favorite.

so....first impressions to me are...."why did i blind buy this...grrrr"

i'll give it a week...and see what i think.

If anyone has a bottled of Pure Coffee they want to trade....I'll jump on that one ASAP.

only 3 sprays out of my Pure Havane so far. and the Mugler Circle Code hasn't been used.

edit: I haven't smelled Tom Fords TV, or any other tobacco based fragrances, so i can't compare it to anything.

I must add, this is very unique. They did exactly what they set out to do - Create an A*men flanker that smells exactly like fine cigars. it is growing on me from wrist sniff to sniff. good stuff.
    Last edited by cutternelson; 10th February 2011 at 04:14 PM. Reason: adding content

Wich one is more potent, pure malt or pure havanne?

Honestly.....i'd say they are about the same. but that is just with my doing a couple wrist sprays 2 hours ago. the tobacco drys down and is more tolerable for me. (the cigar tobacco makes me nauseous. it reminds me of the taste of tobacco, snuff, or chew......swallowing that saliva always made me want to vomit) that is the only thing that taints this fragrance for me. wish i would have stayed away from tobacco products when i was younger. lol.

i wrote a review....its waiting for admin to approve.

Pure Malt is.

Pure Malt is.
    really? maybe a little.....not by much, but that is just me. i wouldn't say havane is weak by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by cutternelson View Post
    really? maybe a little.....not by much, but that is just me. i wouldn't say havane is weak by any means.
    I think Pure Havane is awesome! I don't have a need for Pure Malt anymore, I think Havane surpasses it with a more pleasant smell of honey tabacco and vanilla. I'm wearing it at work now, and already received great comments from a group of female co-workers that were curious what was smelling so good. I would never attempt to wear Pure Malt to work, it is more of a night time club scent to me. I might have Pure Malt on my next swap list. I think the Boozy Whiskey note in Pure Malt is what makes it more Potent and harder to wear during the day. Pure Malt is geared towards Fall/Winner, or strictly nighttime. The word Havane makes me believe Pure Havane is a more suitable Spring/Summer scent (also the release date hints that). I could wear this 365 24/7.
    Last edited by Dark Caesar; 10th February 2011 at 05:21 PM.

I think Pure Havane is awesome! I don't have a need for Pure Malt anymore, I think Havane surpasses it with a more pleasant smell of honey tabacco and vanilla. I'm wearing it at work now, and already received great comments from a group of female co-workers that were curious what was smelling so good. I would never attempt to wear Pure Malt to work, it is more of a night time club scent to me. I might have Pure Malt on my next swap list. I think the Boozy Whiskey note in Pure Malt is what makes it more Potent and harder to wear during the day.
    ahhhhhh...i wish i could share in your excitement. I think it is a quality and original scent.....but for some reason, that tobacco smell makes me queasy. it is growing on me though. makes me want to vomit less after it drys down a bit. lol

I think Pure Havane is awesome! I don't have a need for Pure Malt anymore, I think Havane surpasses it with a more pleasant smell of honey tabacco and vanilla. I'm wearing it at work now, and already received great comments from a group of female co-workers that were curious what was smelling so good. I would never attempt to wear Pure Malt to work, it is more of a night time club scent to me. I might have Pure Malt on my next swap list. I think the Boozy Whiskey note in Pure Malt is what makes it more Potent and harder to wear during the day. Pure Malt is geared towards Fall/Winner, or strictly nighttime. The word Havane makes me believe Pure Havane is a more suitable Spring/Summer scent (also the release date hints that). I could wear this 365 24/7.
    Thats make me very excited.

Pure Malt is.
    But this make me cry my ass off...I think Pure malt is weak a lot =(

Quote Originally Posted by cutternelson View Post
    ahhhhhh...i wish i could share in your excitement. I think it is a quality and original scent.....but for some reason, that tobacco smell makes me queasy. it is growing on me though. makes me want to vomit less after it drys down a bit. lol
    I think you may not be a tobacco cologne fan. It is very fresh and pleasant here. If the tobacco in Havane makes u want to vomit, then Tobacco Vanille would make you throw up your liver.

ahhh...wrote a post then it disappeared.

anyway, it is a pleasing aroma, i can differentiate the goodness from the feeling to want to vomit. lol....guess my smell associating with taste is ruining it for me.

in my review waiting to be approved:

"It smells like someone mopped the floor of a fine cigar humidor with a toned down Pure Malt. (minus the cedar smell from the cigar boxes) This humidor also doubles as an apiary to a special kind of bee that makes mildly sweet vanilla honey."

lol....how does that sound? you think i wouldn't want to vomit to something that smells like that! haha.

Okay...after a little more time with this. I'm sold. the dry down is amazing. the honey and vanilla really come into play about 20 minutes into the dry down. great fragrance.

and i agree now.....it is less potent than pure malt.

Whatta shame, pure malt is soooooo weak...

I wanted this one potent as hell, for the resemblance of Tobacco Vanille...

Whatta shame!

Whatta shame, pure malt is soooooo weak...

I wanted this one potent as hell, for the resemblance of Tobacco Vanille...

Whatta shame!
    maybe you got a weak bottle of pure malt. lol...i wore it to work yesterday and one guy told me he could smell me from like 50 feet away.

My friend think is weak too.

We get it from fragrancenet. The second batch

My friend think is weak too.

We get it from fragrancenet. The second batch
    my g/f got my pure malt from amazon.com. first batch if i read the serial numbers correctly.