Code of Conduct

Default I dislike Dior Homme (Blastmaphy!), would I like Dior Homme Intense?

I really tried to like Dior Homme - honest! The bottle is beautiful, Longevity and Siliage is amazing, the juice is this beautiful golden color, however my ex-gf didn't like it, and neither did I... All I get is makeup bag, lipstick and the usual terms used to describe DH.

My question to all the experienced Basenoter's in this field is, how different really are DH Intense and Dior Homme?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I dislike Dior Homme (Blastmaphy!), would I like Dior Homme Intense?

Dior Homme Intense still has that lipstick note present but it's more subdued and it focuses on it's gourmand type. It has chocolate, vanilla think of it like a delicious Dior Fat Homme. If you disliked the original so bad, I'm almost sure you'll dislike this one as well.

But you can't know until you try it, whatever it's being said here on the forum.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I dislike Dior Homme (Blastmaphy!), would I like Dior Homme Intense?

Btw, I didn't care that much for Dior Homme but this is one of my favorites.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont get the make-up/lipstick vibe as much as I do with DH, but still get a bit of it the first hour or two. The chocolate note is pronounced in DHI.

Post Thanks / Like

I was in Sephora today trying Dior Homme - OK but not exceptional. Then I saw Dior Homme Intense in that dark wrapping next to it. Thought I would give it a try. It was nothing like Dior Homme. It was awesome, another world apart and immediately became the highlight of my afternoon and is now chalked down as a buy!

Post Thanks / Like

Intense is more gourmandy, mainly because of its cocoa note. I still get that lipstick vibe from it, but only when I look for it. I already own a bottle of L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme, which has the same dominant cocoa note, so I do not plan on owning Dior Homme Intense.

Post Thanks / Like

I thin you won't like it. It is true, the chocolate in the mid / base notes is more prominent than in the EdT version, but so are the top iris / lipstick / leather notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    My question is, how different really are DH Intense and Dior Homme?
    Based on your observations of the original, I don't think you will feel any different with the intense version.

Post Thanks / Like

I will go along with the majority, and think that you won't like it. There is enough similarity, especially in the notes you don't like in DH.

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

nope, definitely won't like it...sorry...there's a very dominant note of cocoa in Dior Intense, and much more vanilla and iris...it is sweet, somewhat cloying, with hardcore longievity and sillage...but hard for me to handle because it is dense,dark,nauseating(although I adore it, but I use Dior Homme much more often)...I recommend you try it and let us know if you by any chance like it

Post Thanks / Like

That will leave more DHI bottles in the shops for those of us who love it!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    That will leave more DHI bottles in the shops for those of us who love it!
    Lol, I hope you mean online shops, because its not available in Canada to my knowlege.

Still keen to try this one out in UK when I go visit.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh mate, hate to say it but Dior Homme Intense is even worse.. move along.. nothing to see here
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Err... Do you mean (Blasphemy!)? Just askin'...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeB View Post
    Err... Do you mean (Blasphemy!)? Just askin'...
    Lol. I chuckled too.
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Haha definitely did, amateur spelling move - right in the title too!
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Dh smells like plastic. I hate it too.

Post Thanks / Like

No.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinions, but not his own facts. Daniel Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    I was in Sephora today trying Dior Homme - OK but not exceptional. Then I saw Dior Homme Intense in that dark wrapping next to it. Thought I would give it a try. It was nothing like Dior Homme. It was awesome, another world apart and immediately became the highlight of my afternoon and is now chalked down as a buy!
    Yeh Dior Homme Intense is an exceptional fragrance. I tried the original once and it never really evolved on my skin. DHI is more complete, lasts over 12 hrs, and gets compliments galore....

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you will not like Dior Homme Intense.. It is a darker version of DH. Iris note is still there. But very similar in smell. Dior Homme projects a lot more than DHI.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    I really tried to like Dior Homme - honest! The bottle is beautiful, Longevity and Siliage is amazing, the juice is this beautiful golden color, however my ex-gf didn't like it, and neither did I... All I get is makeup bag, lipstick and the usual terms used to describe DH.

My question to all the experienced Basenoter's in this field is, how different really are DH Intense and Dior Homme?

I don't really like Dior Homme but I love the Intense version.

Neil,

IMO quite different. DHI is significantly more gourmand and less feminine than DH. I would definately give DHI a try as personally I don't like DH and would not wear it, but own multiple bottles of DHI. Less lipstick, more cocao, and just overall a sexier fragrance IMO. Blasphemy to some on here, but I cannot wear DH.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Avignon_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Lumiere Noire_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio

Hey Guys, sorry, I never really ended up updating this old thread. On Vacation to the UK I ended up trying DHI, and I definitely liked it and will be procuring a bottle ASAP. Beautiful fragrance.

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed a certain hype over Dior Homme & the other day I was at Sephora in Riverside Ca & there were about 5 female employees there & I asked them what men's fragrance they dislike the most & they all replied Dior Homme they just said it was disgusting. I myself don't understand the hype over Dior Homme it smells like lipstick.
    I made no resolutions for the New Year. The habit of making plans, of criticizing, sanctioning and molding my life, is too much of a daily event for me. I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's. No time is better than the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I've noticed a certain hype over Dior Homme & the other day I was at Sephora in Riverside Ca & there were about 5 female employees there & I asked them what men's fragrance they dislike the most & they all replied Dior Homme they just said it was disgusting. I myself don't understand the hype over Dior Homme it smells like lipstick.
    I think the key to DH is waiting an hour or so, then smelling it. Top notes aren't great IMO, when you get to the mid and bottom notes, that's where the beauty begins...

I just wanted so say it again... BLASTMAPHY!!!
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I also am in a similar circumstance: I do not like Dior Homme very much, however I do thing the scent is pretty nice, if the lipstick note was less prominent and there was more vanilla or something sweet.

So, folks, can we please characterize DH Intense for those of us who have yet to smell it?

OP said DH smelled like a makeup bag or lipstick, to which I UNEQUIVOCALLY agree. This is established.

Now, someone has YET TO ESTABLISH what exactly Dior Homme INTENSE smells like. If you could pick one thing for it (i.e. hot fudge sundae, chocolate vanilla cake, etc) what would you categorize it as? Please help! That will eliminate us guessing or leave less room for uncertainty, as when people said DH smells like makeup, that is undeniable. The similar smell-alike must also be undeniable for DH Intense. What is it? Thank you..

Post Thanks / Like

I am one of the few who dislike Dior Homme, but like the Intense version

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    I also am in a similar circumstance: I do not like Dior Homme very much, however I do thing the scent is pretty nice, if the lipstick note was less prominent and there was more vanilla or something sweet.

So, folks, can we please characterize DH Intense for those of us who have yet to smell it?

OP said DH smelled like a makeup bag or lipstick, to which I UNEQUIVOCALLY agree. This is established.

Now, someone has YET TO ESTABLISH what exactly Dior Homme INTENSE smells like. If you could pick one thing for it (i.e. hot fudge sundae, chocolate vanilla cake, etc) what would you categorize it as? Please help! That will eliminate us guessing or leave less room for uncertainty, as when people said DH smells like makeup, that is undeniable. The similar smell-alike must also be undeniable for DH Intense. What is it? Thank you..
    I just get powdery cocoa. That is what DHI smells like on my skin. As I am not much into gourmands (I love to eat my food... not wear it) it did not really appeal to me. OK scent, but nothing spectacular as most folks on Basenotes feel, IMO. Love the bottle, just not the scent.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Post Thanks / Like

I can not handled it either, I do understand and respect its artistic and unique approach, but in my wardrobe there will never be a place for Dior Homme, Regardless of its version, EDP. EDT. EDT-Extreme, Body lotion, Room Odorizer, Scented Shoe, Whatever!

The great thing about DHI it just gets better and better as time goes by. On the opening when you catch that iris note you are unsure if you are going to like it. Then it develops and vanishes and the cocoa and vanille come to the forefront and gets richer and smoother and then all doubts melt away. Hoorah.lol

i dislike dior homme , and i like DHI...
    DHI takes what's good from DH and intense it , and it "unintense" what is bad ( the lipstick note )...

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't love Dior Homme, but own Dior Homme Intense. They share some important parts, but are different enough to own both or love one&dislike the other

I like some of what Dior Homme tries to achive, but dislike some aspects of it that are not that prominent in Intense.

I love both and find them suitable for different occasions. Also I never worn lipstick or played with my mothers makeup bag so I dont find it feminine or lipstick related.

Dior Homme - It is very unique and hard to wear everyday unless you are suit and tie guy. I save it for special times when I am dressed better than casualy or when I go to bed. (Top notes are very relaxing to me)

Dior Homme Intense - everytime everywhere - I wear it even now during summer heat. It is just pure comfortable vanilla + cocoa with hint of iris.

I'd wear Dior Homme if I want to make impression on someone and Dior Homme Intense when I want to feel good with myself or my close one. I just wish that Dior Homme original had better longevity.
    Current TOP 7 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense
    6. Timbuktu
    7. Dior Homme

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how Jil Sander Man Absolute fares out in comparison to it...only a few if at all BNers will have both of these fragrances...as JSM Absolute I hear is a spectacular vanilla gourmand, and hey, it's Jil Sander

I was never carried with the hype of original dior homme, I did not like the lipstick note at all; I can wear extremely feminine fragrances considered here on basenotes but the dior homme does not sing any bells for me.
    "Nature and all her wonders guide me...Emotions find expression in fragrance. Fragrance is the music of my dreams. Fragrance is my inspiration." - Annick Goutal

Quote Originally Posted by happyscent View Post
    I was never carried with the hype of original dior homme, I did not like the lipstick note at all; I can wear extremely feminine fragrances considered here on basenotes but the dior homme does not sing any bells for me.
    So new Creed threads get you all riled up, but you have no problem bumping a 3 year old Dior Homme thread to add a comment which has no relevance to the op? Good job happyscent, you're going to do well here.

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    So new Creed threads get you all riled up, but you have no problem bumping a 3 year old Dior Homme thread to add a comment which has no relevance to the op? Good job happyscent, you're going to do well here.
    plus a random old TdH hate-thread when there's already plenty of it in the current 'Top 5 Worst fragrances' thread

edit: and 3 old ass MFK threads.

I've sampled DHI.

Too girly for a man, too manly for a girl.

It's really not all that 'girly' except for the aforementioned iris (lipstick) note. It reminds me of sticking my nose in my mother's purse when I was a child.

I don't really know where Dior was going with this. Maybe the idea that a man should smell like he just kissed a woman or something.

I would like the fragrance if they removed about 95-98% of that iris note. It just jumps out too much from the rest of the fragrance.

When I wear it, I just keep thinking "Why do I smell like this!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dudester! View Post
    I wonder how Jil Sander Man Absolute fares out in comparison to it...only a few if at all BNers will have both of these fragrances...as JSM Absolute I hear is a spectacular vanilla gourmand, and hey, it's Jil Sander
    I have both (but just sample of JSM Absolute) and they are different in style. IMO DHI is more interesting and sophisticated scent. DHI is "cloudy" vanilla sweet and JSM absolute is more like candy sweet. JSM also reminds me Guerlain SDV. I had a chance to buy Full bottle of JSM Absolute but I didnt because IMO DHI is better scent.
    Current TOP 7 from my collection:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    4. Encre Noire
    5. Dior Homme Intense
    6. Timbuktu
    7. Dior Homme

Post Thanks / Like

I'd much rather take the lipstickey iris vibe of Dior Homme than the cloying load of vanilla in the dry down of Intense.

Post Thanks / Like

You probably won't like it but give it a shot. I own DHI and will probably purchase DH at some point. I like them both but they are different in the sense that DHI is darker, stronger, and with more cocoa (hence somewhat sweeter).

I definitely get the lipstick vibe, for me it's a very feminine fragrance, im not willing to give up on it yet but i've never understood the raving about it. Which is quite interesting as i see in the forum list a post of people disliking TDH, and i quite like TDH, each to his own.

And i would say you probably wont like it, the lipstick smell is still quite pronounced early on in the life of the frag.

Post Thanks / Like

I hated Dior Homme at first because it was so different. It's now my second signature sent. Just rock that make up bag the chicks LOVE it. It's my second most complimented fragrance next to Prada Amber PH, IDK how you could dislike Dior homme.
    Last edited by lunchbox148; 25th February 2014 at 11:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

By the way every woman I have asked to smell my decant of Dior Homme said "No it smells nothing like make up or lipstick." It seems only men think so. Every woman working at Sephora told me they would really enjoy the sent of Dior Homme on a man. To women it just smells romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Neil,

IMO quite different. DHI is significantly more gourmand and less feminine than DH. I would definately give DHI a try as personally I don't like DH and would not wear it, but own multiple bottles of DHI. Less lipstick, more cocao, and just overall a sexier fragrance IMO. Blasphemy to some on here, but I cannot wear DH.
    Now that's what we call a fragrance 180, 3 years later and I now own both when before I *couldn't even wear DH. Although I still do enjoy DHI a bit more.
    Current favorites_____Roja Dove Amber Aoud_____Montale Aoud Musk_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Avignon_____Armani Prive Oud Royale_____Lumiere Noire_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten many compliments on dior homme (vintage_) edt and no one has ever said I smelled feminine/lipstick/makeup.

I don't think so.

These are two different scents, IMO.

The Dior Homme has a wonderful iris with leather.

The Intense version is more gourmand and sweeter, and lacks the nice leather note.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Possible. I dont like dior homme, but I procrastinate about buying a bottle of DHI on and off quite a bit myself.

If you dont like DH there is a BIG chance you will not like DHI

Post Thanks / Like

I'd say if you really hate DH then you will dislike DHI most likely. Otherwise it's worth sampling, but don't buy before you try DHI.