Code of Conduct

Default Purchasing 4oz bottle, MI or Aventus?

If I purchased Aventus over MI, it would be a blind purchase. I received one MI sample with my GIT bottle and feel great about the scent. Spring is approaching VERY fast here in the south (GA), and I'm wondering what everyone else would do in this case. I've never smelled Aventus before but only hear excellent things about the notes etc. In terms of longevity, uniqueness (I'm a college kid so I doubt many students wear this), and season, which purchase would you recommend? Thanks.

Default Re: Purchasing 4oz bottle, MI or Aventus?

M.I. has no longevity at all, and Aventus is categorized as 'safe'. It's high chance you might like it, but there is a chance you won't , I advise you buy a 3$ sample first.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Aventus is more original IMO, but blind with this price tag is not recommended.
    Go sample first:

http://theperfumedcourt.com/Products...EDAVENTUS.aspx

I live in GA, too. Aventus is just a better scent all-around, IMHO. I own both, so I have a legit view on them. Aventus is more year around, where MI is best used in the heat. If I had $250 to blow, I'd buy another bottle of Aventus over ANY scent (bearing in mind that I only have 1 OZ of Aventus, while I have 4 OZ of GIT and 2.5 OZ of SMW).

I would pick Aventus over MI. MI is my least used Creed simply because the others just have more to offer.

Me 4. Get Aventus, the dry down is much better. I have also have longevity issues with MI.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I live in GA, too. Aventus is just a better scent all-around, IMHO. I own both, so I have a legit view on them. Aventus is more year around, where MI is best used in the heat. If I had $250 to blow, I'd buy another bottle of Aventus over ANY scent (bearing in mind that I only have 1 OZ of Aventus, while I have 4 OZ of GIT and 2.5 OZ of SMW).
    Would you say Aventus comes with longevity then? Can anyone clear up the distress over ''lot'' numbers and different smelling bottles concerning this fragrance? I just now became a poster, but mainly have used this site in the past for viewing notes / reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by JMC29 View Post
    Would you say Aventus comes with longevity then? Can anyone clear up the distress over ''lot'' numbers and different smelling bottles concerning this fragrance? I just now became a poster, but mainly have used this site in the past for viewing notes / reviews.
    Where do you plan on buying it? If you get it at Neiman's or similar you can make sure you get the version with the opening Pineapple Zinggggg.

JMC, ultimately you're just going to have to man up and make a decision. Or not make a purchase yet, as you wish. But all fears can't be conquered here, and you haven't even smelled the fragrance and you're asking about lots and different smelling bottles and asking for definitive direction about a subjective issue. As if that will take away all of your consumer fear. If you're afraid of being wrong you've got to do your consumer work and sample/test. Replies here can't make your fear go away.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

That was so deep DustB and so true actually.
    Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper View Post
    That was so deep DustB and so true actually.
    Heh, I didn't read the classics for nothing.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I'd get Aventus, but you should sample it.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    Heh, I didn't read the classics for nothing.
    Hey, somebody who properly uses double negatives!

Aventus lasts at least twice as long as MI on me. I also vote for Aventus.
    Daniel + Jonny + Neurosis = The 3 BFF Amigos <3

I purchased Aventus. Personally spoke to Creed SA @ NYC, he informed me about longer longevity and season versatileness with Aventus. Also, I asked about community concerns regarding "different notes" in Aventus batches. He responded saying they just received new fresh Aventus batches recently. He was not crediting individuals who claimed different senses on notes, he rather explained that most people who complain about Creed fragrances RARELY made purchases directly from the retailer / authorized retailers.

Congrats

He was not crediting individuals who claimed different senses on notes, he rather explained that most people who complain about Creed fragrances RARELY made purchases directly from the retailer / authorized retailers.
    That bit isn't quite the case, but despite that, congratulations! Here come the babes! Don't spray it on your neck - you'll get less olfactory fatigue that way. The Aventus drydown is a long lasting hide and seek experience. Others will smell it on you when you can't. It's good stuff, took a while to "get it" but now it's a favorite fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    That bit isn't quite the case, but despite that, congratulations! Here come the babes!
    i got your pm man, thanks - I had already made the purchase though lol

Nice, You can't go wrong with Aventus in my view, I like the Pineapple rubbery smokey vibe it gives off. I also have MI and both on my skin lasts a good 6-8 hours. (I can still smell them on my wrists). I also will say Aventus is a better purchase just for the fact it's more versatile. But again longevity all depends on your skin. I've also been complimented a couple of times while wearing Aventus.
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by remixx View Post
    Aventus lasts at least twice as long as MI on me. I also vote for Aventus.
    The 4th amigo!

Aventus. Hands down!

Go with Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    The 4th amigo!

not even! I dont like Le Male/Pure Malt/A*Men etc!