Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Question Wazamba. (New, Updated.)

Wazzzz happening? Should there be Wazamba in my immediate future? The notes call to me. Are they false sirens tempting me or are they the creative, exotic muses fulfilling my olfactory desires? As with the Oracle at Delphi I request to know the future.
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 11th February 2011 at 08:52 PM.

Default Re: Wazamba.

Perfect timing! I'm actually wearing it again today -- and I can't keep my nose off my wrist. It may be my next FB purchase. There's still a bit of a tussle going on among Wazamba, L'Air du Desert Marocain, and Winter Woods.

Anyway, Wazamba on me opens with a blast of fabulous incense, but the woods come to the fore pretty quickly. With all of the incense and wood, Wazamba has the potential to be a very dry, almost dusty scent, but I think that the apple and the balsam provide the necessary hint of sweetness that prevents it from going completely arid (which I hate). I know most people think cold/bitter when they think of balsam, but the sweetness in the balsam resin is highlighted by the apple, and the whole thing ends up warm and smoldering on my skin. It's really lovely.

I absolutely love Wazamba -- and it's certainly worth at least a sample or decant!

I love Wazamba. It's a feel good, fun scent to wear.

Blog Entries

My thanks for your input and based on your comments I will purchase Wazamba.

Excellent!! Please let us know what you think.

Blog Entries

OK, Wowzers! Wazamba was delivered today and I am wearing it as I type. I would have to say that if you like incense and you are a fan of Lutens, you absolutely have to have this fragrance. It is warm, incensy, spicy with dark fruit aspect. I don't know about the musical instrument it was named after but the spicy, incense glows smooth with just enough sharpness to keep it interesting. I will definitely continue to purchase this fragrance and into the wardrobe it goes. I would associate Wazamba with Ambre Sultan, and Timbuktu, both of which I own, all of which have different personalities, but come from the same family. I am beginning to feel like the fragrance whisperer. Another great blind buy and I am a happy camper! Wahoo! (Pardon my exuberance, but I am under the influence of incense.)
    Last edited by N_Tesla; 11th February 2011 at 08:50 PM.

Default Re: Wazamba. (New, Updated.)

I got a sample of this after reading the thread, it's nice in the tube, haven't put it on yet but sure seems promising. The youngest daughter who loves the Tabac Aurea was gaga over this one too sniffed it and fell backwards.

Congratulations on your acquisition!
    Last edited by Robin-in-FL; 14th February 2011 at 11:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Robin-in-Fl; Thanks for your reply to the thread. I too am a fan of Tabac Aurea. Sounds like our taste in fragrance is similar. I would suggest that you try Aomassai, Timbuktu and Cadjmere also. Oh, and if you have not already done so try Mitsouko.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    I got a sample of this after reading the thread, it's nice in the tube, haven't put it on yet but sure seems promising. The yougest daughter who loves the Tabac Aurea was gaga over this one too sniffed it and fell backwards.

Congratulations on your acquisition!

Off topic now NTesla, but on the mitosouko, I do want to try this, putting it on my wishlist (I've instituted a waiting period on perfume samples like the state does for handguns) does it matter Parfum or EDP or EDT?

Blog Entries

Robin-in-Fl; The parfum is the best, but I find that the EDP is also quite good and less expensive. I really don't like the edt, so I would recommend the EDP to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Off topic now NTesla, but on the mitosouko, I do want to try this, putting it on my wishlist (I've instituted a waiting period on perfume samples like the state does for handguns) does it matter Parfum or EDP or EDT?

Quote Originally Posted by n_tesla View Post
    I would have to say that if you like incense and you are a fan of Lutens, you absolutely have to have this fragrance.

Bingo!!!!

I also like it and find this perfume interesting. I haven't worn anything like this before. I think it evolves in a very pleasant way during a whole day .