Code of Conduct

Default ambre sultan vs musc ravageur vs dior homme intense sillage and projection

hi guys really looking to order one of these three now
    ive tried all 3 as and mr was only samples tho
    what i want to know is how do these project and whats the longevity like
    i tried dior intense in store yesterday and loved it
    i am really having a tough time choosin my next scent out of these 3 but i really do like a bit of power in my frags so that could be the decider what do you guys think

Default Re: ambre sultan vs musc ravageur vs dior homme intense sillage and projection

Can't speak to Ambre Sultan, but I can say on me Musc Ravaguer and Dior Homme Intense have great sillage and projection. Their longevity is also fine.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: ambre sultan vs musc ravageur vs dior homme intense sillage and projection

Ambre Sultan reigns supreme amongst them.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

As > mr > dhi
    Smellin good

Ambre sultan, even the next day after a shower when i wear another perfume i still can smell some AS projections

Quote Originally Posted by timaru View Post
    As > mr > dhi
    wow really in that order with dior homme intense last?
    that one was projecting lovely on me with the spray to the wrist i done in town yesterday
    musc ravageur probly projected the worst but smell wise is so luvvvly but my tests with musc ravageur and ambre sultan were just sample vials so im thinkin they will both probly project a lot better if i buy the edps??

well, I won't commend on sillage and projection but i will comment about actually living with one of these bad boys. Personally I would think that AS and DHI might get a bit more boring after a while if they're all you've got to work with. MR is certainly more complex so it's got layers to discover. That being said on a scale of potential offensive MR>AS>DHI... so just a point there.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Ambre Sultan is a beast for longevity and projection. DHI is long lasting but a bit closer to the skin. MR was pretty feeble on me (glad, because I just cannot find any love for it)

Between MR and DHI which do you guys prefer?

MR would be my pick.

I own all three. Ambre Sultan is my favorite of them. Bust don't buy it if you aren't sure about it. Its more of an art fragrance. If gigantic projection/longevity is what you are after go with Musc Ravageur. If your trying to score members of the opposite sex, DHI is probably your safest bet.

Mr > dhi > as