Code of Conduct

Question looking for my signature....

It's been 20 years since I bought cologne, so I'm hoping I can get some help finding my signature, everyday, no special occasion fragrance. Something to wear to the office everyday. I dont like floral, but usually can wear citrus, spicy, woodsy, warm, earthy, sea-air, masculine. I'd like Blue Sugar if it had some spice. A better quality, better finishing Drakkar. I have a few samples of Pure Malt, but not settled on it. Tried Burberry Sport and Kenneth Cole Black but still haven't found what I'm looking for. Warm, earthy, a little spice......maybe a citrus start.....anything coming to mind?
    Anybody out there have any suggestions?
    any suggestions for a woodsy, outdoors, pine, earthy, masculine fragrance....don't say Aspen.

Default Re: looking for my signature....

You might try Burberry London for Men.

If you are looking for one scent for you to wear, my suggestion is to sample, sample, sample.

Spray and wear until the scent dries down to the skin in a few hours.

I would never presume to tell a man to wear a scent as tastes are so personal and individual. What one man enjoys, another abhors.

I will, however, venture to recommend Guerlain's Habit Rouge eau de toilette. You can buy this at fragrance discounters or sample at a boutique. (Boutiques will charge full price.) This is a warm citrus with vanilla and leather. It is a timeless classic.
    Last edited by Primrose; 9th February 2011 at 02:55 PM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I would like to offer something a little off the beaten track- AbdesSalaam Attar(profumo.it)-The Outsiders Scents-Persona.

It seems to meet your requirements. It is very smooth. A great blend of vetiver, neroli, frankensense(quite mild accord here) and a hint of cloves. Great juice IMO

But, as Primrose said sample everything first.
    Cheers Rex
    My mom's great. I appreciate her sense of humor, patience and fondness for daytime drinking. :0)

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    You might try Burberry London for Men.
    Good call Burberry London = Warm, earthy, a little spice.....

Try Chanel Allure series. I love Allure Edition Blanche the most, and all the allures. It lasts all day and well worth the money. Save yourself the time and money.

Hmm.. Warm, earthy, masculine sea-air, with citrus top notes.. You can`t go wrong with Creed Erolfa

Chanel Allure Homme

I am rather fond of the fact that I don't have a signature scent. That would probably mean I would have to get rid of a few dozen bottles at LEAST! haha.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    Hmm.. Warm, earthy, masculine sea-air, with citrus top notes.. You can`t go wrong with Creed Erolfa
    1. Duration maybe an issue with Creed, unless Creed wearers only work 3 hours a day!
    2. For the same price of a good bottle of Creed with the right numbers from the right batch he could buy all the above and have a couple of hookers thrown in!

Does anyone else think Terre D'Hermes?

Other good ones:

DSquared2 He Wood Rocky Mountain Woods
    Hugo Boss Elements (brown bottle, not the aquatic Element)
    Vetiver Tonka by Hermessence (great stuff, but really expensive)

cartier declaration
    azzaro visit
    bulgari aqua
    fahrenheit absolute
    kenzo pour homme

very varied selection but then your description is too.

Terre D'Hermes is what you are looking for

Terre d'Hermes is the first thing that came to mind. And if you're going to have a signature, better make it special ie. Terre d'Hermes.

I guess I might also suggest Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford, Burberry (I find the original lasts well), and lastly Body Kouros (spicy and sweet).

I was thinking Guerlain Vetiver. Maybe because I'm wearing it right now...

Sur la Plage

Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Although I don't particularly like it (weird citrus note)... Terre d'hermes seems to fit ur description.

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    1. Duration maybe an issue with Creed, unless Creed wearers only work 3 hours a day!
    2. For the same price of a good bottle of Creed with the right numbers from the right batch he could buy all the above and have a couple of hookers thrown in!
    That's funny.

But the guy just made a suggestion as he saw fit. Of a scent that's a scent like any other. No need to make an issue of the suggestion or suggest that it doesn't measure up or that wearers of a bunch of products work short days.

Make a suggestion to the original poster and let make suggestions to the original poster please.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Banned

Rocky mountain wood

Quote Originally Posted by mambac View Post
    Rocky mountain wood
    Dbarker, I can't help noticing that you might have posted this fine question on the Just Starting Out forum to protect yourself from the casually mocking comments by fellow newbies.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

+1 Terre d'Hermes
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Creed Millesime Imperial
    4. Lalique Encre Noire
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Chanel Allure Homme (safest, and best smelling cologne out there...a signature scent)
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Quote Originally Posted by dbarker312 View Post
    I dont like floral, but usually can wear citrus, spicy, woodsy, warm, earthy, sea-air, masculine. I'd like Blue Sugar if it had some spice. .... Warm, earthy, a little spice......maybe a citrus start.....anything coming to mind?
    Several mentions of Terre d'Hermes so far, and I concur, in particular with Joe's mention of the parfum version. I might also suggest you sample Tommy Bahama for Men. It is warm, spicy, woodsy, and has a citrus start, and it will certainly put you in mind of sea air.

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme
    -- citrusy, spicy, woodsy

thanks everyone for suggestions....now to decide
    any suggestions for a woodsy, outdoors, pine, earthy, masculine fragrance....don't say Aspen.

fountain

just sample things.

Un profumo affettuoso

I think you'd love Eau Sauvage Extreme by Dior or Yves Saint Laurent pour homme (the classic one).

Terre D'Hermes came to mind immediately. Sample it.

I also think Burberry London was a good suggestion, though I'd only wear it in the winter and fall.

I'll add one more suggestion: LaPerla GrigioPerla

You can find the sample on fragrancevial.com

It begins as a spicy citrus and dries down into a very smooth and clean woods with a hint of soap...

It's light, though it projects, and it won't offend anyone. And you never have to worry about another person wearing it. Lasts 4 to 6 hours. Good for all seasons.

Burberry London

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by kccparis View Post
    Good call Burberry London = Warm, earthy, a little spice.....

It's animalic with leather note IMO.

My suggestion is D&G Pour Homme. Earthy, citrusy, everyday scent. It's not a fresh fragrance, but it's not warm too.
    Another one can be Gucci Envy.

DeepSilence

Quote Originally Posted by Un profumo affettuoso View Post
    I think you'd love Eau Sauvage Extreme by Dior or Yves Saint Laurent pour homme (the classic one).

1+ Eau Sauvage Extreme.
    Eau Sauvage itself is citrus, earthy, daily scent, but it's not warm and spicy.

It's been 20 years since I bought cologne, so I'm hoping I can get some help finding my signature, everyday, no special occasion fragrance. Something to wear to the office everyday. I dont like floral, but usually can wear citrus, spicy, woodsy, warm, earthy, sea-air, masculine. I'd like Blue Sugar if it had some spice. A better quality, better finishing Drakkar. I have a few samples of Pure Malt, but not settled on it. Tried Burberry Sport and Kenneth Cole Black but still haven't found what I'm looking for. Warm, earthy, a little spice......maybe a citrus start.....anything coming to mind?
    Yes, too many to be meaningful.

If you dont mind my asking, how old are you, what do you wear to work (suit vs casual), and are you midlevel or senior exec?

thanks everyone for suggestions....now to decide
    Beyond picking just one fragrance, please realize that there are a lot of truly great ones available that you would undoubtedly enjoy...stay in touch with this forum, the people who post regularly are extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

sample as much as you can

I recommend Guerlain Heritage

thanks for all of the great advice and suggestions. I see now that one cologne for all things isn't best way to go. So I'll start with a cologne for work, then as I get more familiar with what's out there, I can pick for specific events and outings.

Have you tried anything yet?

Go out and get L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme. You will thank me later
    Co-Founder
    VIP Fan Connect
    http://vipfanconnect.com

Follow me on Twitter to get my scent of the day and to find out which of my celebrity clients are wearing your favorite fragrances. http://twitter.com/THEjoeyrocco

If you can find a sample of Ricci Club, I recommend giving it a try. It's somewhat hard to find, but I recently found two bottles at one of the on-line stores. Good luck!

I'm suggesting :

Givenchy eau de Vetiver
    eau d'Hadrien
    pure distance M