Code of Conduct

Default Parfumerie Generale Praline de Santal and Tonkamande [limited editions]

After Bois Naufrage and Gardenia Grand Soir, Parfumerie Generale will realease two new scents as limited edition: Tonkamande and Praline de Santal.

This year is hard for Guillaume, because he also work on No 22 and 25...

Notes and photos (in English and in Polish): http://niemuzycznapieciolinia.blogsp...mande-and.html

Default Re: Parfumerie Generale Praline de Santal and Tonkamande [limited editions]

Praline de Santal ?
    ***Paging Nicola Tesla***

Default Re: Parfumerie Generale Praline de Santal and Tonkamande [limited editions]

Yes... is it strange??

Oh I want both! Any idea on price and points of sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    Oh I want both! Any idea on price and points of sale?
    About 100-150$ for 50 mL (like Bois Naufrage and Gardenia Grand Soir)... Each point sells PG should have Praline and Tonkamande...

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Parfumerie Generale Praline de Santal and Tonkamande [limited editions]

DULLAH

Re: Parfumerie Generale Praline de Santal and Tonkamande [limited editions]
    Praline de Santal ?
    ***Paging Nicola Tesla***

Nicola Tesla

Did I hear someone paging me? Parfumerie Generale with two more new fragrances! I want, I must have! Please hold me back while I take my valium. Phewww. OK, I am calmer now, but I must have them! ( He sits down with a look of amazement. )

Praline de Santal actually looks really good. Will definitely try that one out.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Can't find a release date for these. I'm so excited. I love PG perfumes, they're unique, high quality but what distinguish them the most for me is the complexity. Sadly all of them are short lived on me.

After falling in love with Tonka Imperiale, I've been looking for another good tonka for a while, and surprisingly enough for a very commonly used note, there aren't many fragrances based on it as the dominating note.

Banned

Both are now available on the parfumerie generale website in 50 & 100ml sizes.

Anybody has tried them yet? I'm so excited, checking luckyscent every day for them

I smelled the two, Praliné de santal smells a little like Jeux de peau, but more gourmand with the praliné.
    Tonkamande is not bad, remind me Magnolia pourpre by MPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon-Petit View Post
    I smelled the two, Praliné de santal smells a little like Jeux de peau, but more gourmand with the praliné.
    Tonkamande is not bad, remind me Magnolia pourpre by MPG.
    I like Jeux de Peau, and I love Tonka Imperiale. Would you say I can purchase those 2 blind? I can't wait until they arrive here in the USA....I'm trying to resist blind buying them both from the online boutique.

I won't advise you to buy blind, especially tonkamande, it's more feminine than tonka impériale imo.
    But for Praliné de santal even the SA told me before i smell that it got similitudes with JdP
    but not a reason for a blind buy lol

Praline de Santal is simply awesome. Probably one of the best AND most wearable PG scents. Most of the PG stuff while unique isn't all that wearable for a guy IMO. But this one is an awesome smoldering gourmand. It's cozy and intimate and if you picture the perfect scent to wear inviting a woman over to cozy up and watch a movie and she can't get close enough to you because you smell so damn good, good enought to eat, this would be it.

Quote Originally Posted by fsface View Post
    It's cozy and intimate and if you picture the perfect scent to wear inviting a woman over to cozy up and watch a movie and she can't get close enough to you because you smell so damn good, good enough to eat, this would be it.
    A perfect description.

Praline de Santal smells like Jeux de Pea but not as good. Really very bread-like and nutty.

Jeux de Peau > Praline de Santal.

SL 1 .. PG 0

Felanilla > UBV.

SL 1 .. PG 1

L'ombre Fauve = MKK. (a tie!)

PG 2 ... SL 2

Quote Originally Posted by moltening View Post
    Jeux de Peau > Praline de Santal
    Been testing both this week. I agree.

Tonkamande was a surprise to me. I expected something sweet, nutty, slightly syrupy, but this one goes far away from that on me. It makes me think faintly of SL La Myrrhe in the style using the tonka and the almond to produce a bitter and slightly powdery aldehidic fragrance. It`s one that is light and very faint after the first minutes, leaving a trail of creamy transparent muskiness and traces of the promised tonka. Neither amazing nor horrendus, i guess that i won`t miss after my decant comes to an end

I received samples of both Tonkamande and Praline de Santal this week. Tonkamande is one of the very few PG's I've tried that I don't really care for. For some reason it goes extremely powdery on my skin.. it takes the kind of creamy powdery note(s) from L'Ombre Fauve and puts it center stage here. It's not terrible though.

Praline de Santal is quite surprisingly close to Jeux de Peau, seems really coincidental that such similar frags were released so close together. Even the heart and base chord presentations unravel similarly. I love the gourmand burst that Praline de Santal opens with, but after about 30-45 minutes a "perfumey" base (which I detect almost identically in Jeux de Peau) makes its presence known and it's game over.

Both seem far "safer" than PG is typically known for. Sadly I don't think that's a good thing, but ymmv on that point.

While yes "Praline de Santal is quite surprisingly close to Jeux de Peax" - to me, the Lutens is the more feminine smelling of the two.

Praline de Santal has a HUGH heliotrope note that swallowed the rest of the fragrance for me. Some nuttiness in the opening, some woods in the base, but the mid note seemed all heliotrope - too much so for me to stand for very long.

Praline de Santal is really similar to Jeux de Peau as some have commented until today. They seem to me to share the same structure note, altough they have a different dynamic. Jeux de Peau has more contrasts and it's more dark and spicy; i get on jeaux de peau a fruity and flowery jam note contrasted with the licorice note, with the creamy bready-like sandalwood note supporting this contrast idea. On Praline, this note comes more on focus at the first moments and it's paired with what produces on me a sugared peanut impression - i guess it may be the interaction of heliotrope and the halzenut. There is less contrasts than in jeux de peau, the idea seem simple and direct as in tonkamande. I wished it was more complex and more stronger after the first hour. Not bad but i it's not one of the best Parfumerie Generale scents either.

Basenotes Institution

Praline de Santal has a definite milky, maple-sweet gourmand vibe to it, with a bit of that heliotrope bread-like texture to it. I wish it was more sandalwood prominent, I found it lacking in its woodiness and very much a skin scent after an hour or so. A foody gourmand scent for sure, but nowhere near as wonderfully delightful as some of PG's other fantastic gourmand scents.

And this is coming from someone who loves pralines, and has even made them from scratch in my kitchen. I know that smell, and it is NOT captured in this scent.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle