Code of Conduct

Default Have you ever seen a compressed air atomizer (old Tabu bottle) ?

Just got a really old bottle of Tabu (50s or early 60s, I'd guess), and it is nothing like I've ever seen before (3 ounce size). It feels heavier than it should, but you can't see inside because it's all black. When I shook it, I could not hear any liquid sloshing around. The seller said it was only a couple times. I decided to decant some (at least 4 ml) to see if it really had a lot in it and if it made any difference in terms of sloshing noises. It did not . (still no noise). Also, the sprayer has a weird shape to it and the liquid comes out with a lot of force, in a fine line, rather than a more diffused way that is "normal." The label says it is the cologne formulation, and it smells fine, with the same strength that another older bottle had (that was dab on). Anyone know if this was something they tried and then decided against? Or is it something else? Thanks.

Default Re: Have you ever seen a compressed air atomizer (old Tabu bottle) ?

You should post a pic. I have a Fabrege Kiku bottle from 1969 that's the same deal -- opaque, can't hear contents. When aerosols became popular, they invaded the perfume world, too. Mine says "contents under pressure" and I imagine that it can't be shipped in an airplane.

Default Re: Have you ever seen a compressed air atomizer (old Tabu bottle) ?

Okay, that sounds right. The bottle is just black and has the usual Tabu label. Nothing to suggest something different, until you take the cap off and see the weird sprayer top, and then spray it.