Code of Conduct

Default Selling to new members, is it safe?

I know buying from new members may be more risky (it isn't even really allowed here anyway). But how about selling? Is there any way a person can screw me over if they are the buyer through paypal?

Default Re: Selling to new members, is it safe?

to take it to the extreme... yes, there are many ways to screw over others. They could claim the package never arrived and demand a refund or make a claim through PP, the could claim the item broke, etc...

Credit cards offer some protection so you can use your CC through PP. Tracking shipment with signature is another way. Asking for pictures of damaged goods is a good protection. Also you could in theory use another system like listing it on ebay with a BIN and then sending them the link (you'll have ot pay fees but you can see their ebay feedback scores), ie arrange the sale through another site where they DO have a reputation.
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: Selling to new members, is it safe?

It's theoretically possible, but I've sold to several new members who had little or no feedback or posting history, and have never had a problem.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Splits: O'driu, La Via del Profumo/AbdesSalaam Attar, Nasomatto, Chanel Les Exclusifs, Profumi del Forte, Mona di Orio, Kurkdjian, Slumberhouse.
    New atomizer and decanting supplies for sale.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov