Code of Conduct
    Blog Entries

Default Venture into new Territory

Ok i want to venture in Men's colonges i want a bit of variety in my mostly of women's
    scents if you can take a look at my Wardrobe and suggest scents that matches with
    my wardrobe and i want to break the rules of gender spilting in fragrances that women
    wear perfumes and men wear colonge and after shave so i trust you dearly for
    your vast knowlege take care Weimar.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Venture into new Territory

The only fragrance rules that exist, are the ones you self-impose.

You might want to try:

Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Rochas Man
    Prada Infusion d'Homme and Amber pour Homme
    Dior Homme
    Caron Pour un Homme and The Third Man

Just to name a few......
    Last edited by petruccijc; 10th February 2011 at 10:17 AM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

To add from the list above:

Eau Sauvage by Dior
    Insense by Givenchy
    Prada Infusion d'Homme

i just looked at your wardrobe and noticed that you prefer your scents spicy/floral, soapy, clean and refresing,
    (was originally going to recommend sweet smelling mens colognes like body kouros: vanilla/incense/eucalyptus and lolita lempicka pour homme)

but my revised recommendations would be

mugler cologne by thierry mugler: citruses/star fruit/orange flower/white musk

Prada Infusion d'homme: soapy fresh with almost chalky dry iris note. Notes: neroli/iris/cedar/vetiver/incense/benzoin

Gucci PH with soft and refreshing woodsy notes of incense/cedar

Try some of the Montales

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Guerlain Habit Rouge
    Seconded, as you already enjoy Shalimar.

Based on some of the other wardrobe entries, you might also want to try both Royal English Leather (Creed) and Knize Ten.

Great suggestions, Joe - and I'm a staunch traditionalist in a lot of senses but agree entirely with what you've said (and I've quoted). I've been teased about my fragrance a few times but wow, how petty we all truly are, if my scent is the thing to focus on!

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    The only fragrance rules that exist, are the ones you self-impose.

Blog Entries

I always wanted to try Habit Rouge

Try to get your hands on some vintage Eau de Cologne formula - it is quite a bit nicer than the current, reformulated Eau de Toilette in my opinion (and seems to be the consensus here). The Eau de Parfum is also brilliant, but start with the EdC..

HR and Shalimar (one of the most popular feminine fragrances ever) are very much related. HR was my gateway to Shalimar which I absolutely adore now, too. That broke down some serious boundaries in my head, seeing how many women wore/wear Shalimar in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Weimar27 View Post
    I always wanted to try Habit Rouge

Blog Entries

where can you get the vintage eau de colonge of habit

Blog Entries

shalimar that scent had to grow on me when i first tried it
    god i hated it i thought it smelled like a doctor's office
    or a hospital so it took me a year to like it

What a great question, and my curses on Volley2 for being the first with what I suggest, Eau Sauvage. Blast, Volley2 always makes such good suggestions before I get to a thread.

Habit Rouge is an excellent suggestion too and I wish I could answer about where to find the edc--it's the best showing of what HR is in its classic greatness. The newer Habit Rouge edp is out of this world great for sure, but it smells different from the classic beauty of the edc.

I'd also suggest Dior's Jules. That one is just pure luxury good taste and scent wisdom, I think. It would show fantastic taste on a woman who selects it. There's always Guerlain's Vetiver for clear up front clean good taste, but you also might check out the older Carons--Pour un Homme, Yatagan, and maybe especially Third Man. They would be really something playfully daring and different, although many of the frequent posters to this forum will cringe at the idea of a woman wearing the full speed macho scratching in all the body's places of Yatagan. Before they rush to dissuade you, let me tell you their argument and thus put them at ease: Yatagan is the man cave and you're not supposed to go in there.

In general, Eau Sauvage, Habit Rouge(s), Jules, all the others I said, and lastly Signoricci by Nina Ricci. I think I'll be the first mentioning the latter.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

To answer your question about vintage Habit Rouge EdC I would look through the sales board - I know a few people had them listed very recently for an amazing deal. Check with MFJ.

Shalimar took me a while too.. but it's all about finding the right concentration and the right vintage. I would never wear the current Shalimar Eau de Parfum being sold but I absolutely adore the vintage Parfum de Toilette. Same goes for Habit Rouge. But Shalimar really is spectacular in that it's very important in fragrance history... and is also one of the best damn vanilla fragrances ever made to this day.

Blog Entries

what's the vintage and modern shalimar smell like

I've known women to wear opium ph and ysl l'homme - a couple to sniff when your next in store.

Sur la Plage

Also consider Kouros.

Here is what Katie Puckrick had to say about it: http://www.katiepuckriksmells.com/20...nt-kouros.html
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DustB View Post
    What a great question, and my curses on Volley2 for being the first with what I suggest, Eau Sauvage. Blast, Volley2 always makes such good suggestions before I get to a thread.
    My hands are glued to the keyboard, explorer on bnotes 24/7. hahahaha. I'm crazy.

Blog Entries

habit rouge seems promising
    i'm not a fan of thierry mugler
    i think his scent line smells
    plastic and synthtic
    Kouros Yves Saint Laurent i heard
    good reviews on this and i will read
    Katie Puckrick review thank you
    guys

I like to suggest Traverse du Bosphore, it has a turkish delight note you may enjoy. If you like carnation, try CdG-Red Serie-Carnation. Becuase they are both unusual try a couple of 1ml samples. Happy sniffing
    Re: Avatar-So are they whats known as subwoofers?