Code of Conduct

Default Thoughts: Photo Lagerfeld Original versus reformulation

Yesterday, I sampled the reformulated version of Photo at a Perfumania store and was really surprised that the new version is not only different, as in totally bland, but so waterered down that I could hardly smell it after applying two large sprays.

So a caveat for those seeking the unique character of the original scent, *don't buy the reformulated version*.

My feelings about Photo is similar to Horizon, an occasional I'm-in-the-mood for scent. A good scent for a walk around town, at the gym, or clubbing. It's not a cozy, feel good scent you'd apply in your home while lying down.

Although it's pretty much a clean scent, there's an aggressive (dirty ?) spicy note underneath which is it's signature, sort of like Horizon. Ultimately, it's still a pleasant scent to wear when applied sparingly. One of the few 80's scents I can actually wear and enjoy (lol).

Default Re: Thoughts: Photo Lagerfeld Original versus reformulation

Thanks for that sad information. The old bottle can still be found rather cheaply down here. I might pick up another.
    Regards,
    Renato

I haven't smelled the old version of Photo in years, so I can't remember exactly what it was like. I do have a bottle of the new formulation, and I love it. Super spicy and mossy fougere that lasts 12+ hours on my skin. Not a sillage monster, though, and I don't remember the original being one either.
    Check out my blog Pour Monsieur, a no-nonsense guide to men's fragrances:
    http://pourmonsieurblog.blogspot.com/

Any fragrance that should not be worn in public, should be worn in public.

Is the new formula the dark bottle? I am taking it that the one with the yellow print is the old formula. As it stands, I have only tried the new one and I have to agree with Shamu -- it is great stuff. I'd be interested in trying the vintage one, but I don't really get into breaking my back (and wallet) to find something that I may never be able to get again.
    "You just keep me hangin' on." -- Farewell, Lou.

Not familiar with the reformulation but don't like the original.

Photo in its current state is atrocious. Avoid at all costs. Lagerfeld Original is still a gem though.
    "I exist for myself, and for those to whom my unquenchable thirst for freedom gives everything, but also for everyone, since insofar as I am able to love - I love everyone. Of noble hearts, I am the noblest - and the most generous of those that yearn to give love in return. - I am a human being, I love death and I love life."

Egon Schiele - Self-Potrait

My classics: Dior Homme EdT, YSL Rive Gauche PH, Helmut Lang Cuiron, L'Occitane Neroli (vintage), Davidoff Zino, L'Occitane Eau des Baux

http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2976

Sorry for the late reply, but wow I'm very happy to see liszt's original post. I bought a small tester bottle and thought I was going out of my mind (is there any fragrance in here? did I just buy a bottle of 0.5 oz of water laced with fabric softener?) It was so weak that I couldn't even classify it. Must have been the new version.