Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Pure Havane -- a Summary Review

Today I ran downstairs and found a white box the Fedex guy had left for me. I've not been as excited about a new scent as much as I was for this one in a long time.

When I opened the box, I found an envelope with a letter containing the invoice and thanking me for my order. The box was filled with stringy blue packing confetti, which tied in nicely with th A*Men/Angel theme. The Pure Havane carton was inside a black see-thru mesh drawstring pouch. I love the cigar band logo on the box as well as the brown tobacco leaf textured look of the cardboard. There's a little sticker on the top, over the cellophane which is like the sticker that is found on cigars. The rubber flask is just a subtle difference of the color scheme of the Pure Malt bottle.

OK, onto the important part-- the smell: I absolutely love this. I definitely has the A*men heritage, but like Pure Malt, it really branches out on its own.

At first sniff, it went on smelling a little reminiscent of B*Men, but it quickly started evolving. I got a sense of deja vu-- there is some scent that this reminds me of just a little, but I can't quite get it. It almost reminds me a little bit of Chanel Allure Homme in its fresh/sweet feeling.

On Pure Havane's box, it says the following:

"When A*Men meets the Havana Cigar Smoker... Discover the tale of a fragrance inspired by the rule of thirds found in the art of savouring the finest Cigars. Just like a Cigar, the first third of the fragrance opens with a gentle aromatic note, without revealing anything of the intensity that is to come. The second third unfurls a note of honey-sweet tobacco that leads subtly to the final third where the sensual woody power is revived."

I've had it on my skin for about an hour now and it is slowly evolving from the fresh opening ( I almost get a strange salty note of green olives in the first 20 seconds), to the picture perfect honey tobacco. It truly does smell like a cigar! Like some of the other Basenoters' comments about early misadventures with cigars and chewing tobacco, Ive had my share. When I was 14 years old, my first job was working in the fields detasseling corn. Some of the older guys gave me chewing tobacco and didn't tell me not to swallow the juice. I got really sick. It's also where I smoked my first cigarette (though I never became more than an occasional casual smoker and I haven't done that in years). When I was about 19, I smoked a bunch of cheap cigars, inhaling the smoke and got very sick from that. So I have a love hate relationship with tobacco. Pure Havane walks that line perfectly--it's a very realistic, expensive cigar smell, but it stops short of bringing back memories of "tobacco hangovers".

I find it very different from Pure Malt. Pure Malt is infused from top to bottom with that peaty, boozy whisky note which you just can't overlook. Pure Havane obviously does not have this note, so they can't be that close anyway. The weird thing is that I'm testing it on my arm-- when I put my nose up to it and take a long draw, it's almost like taking a long puff from a cigar-- you get different facets at the end of the draw than you get at the beginning-- and at the end, I swear I can almost smell the heat as the tip reddens and gets hot. A little bit of smoke, but mostly just the subtleties of fine tobacco leaves.

I can't really review it more completely until I live with it for a while and wear it several times, but already I enjoy it immensely. It's kind of a more mature, classy take on A*Men. Between this and Pure Malt, I'd have to say that Thiery Mugler is starting to knock 'em out of the park. Mugler is releasing imaginative high-quality scents which are intriguing, head turning, and appeal to the fun of being a guy, rather than all of this crazy austere fashion runway stuff-- I know Mugler is known for that too, but they never forget that the point is to have fun, and I find the Pure series to be pure fun.

Last edited by Indie_Guy; 10th February 2011 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Pure Havane -- a Summary Review

Wonderful review.

Received my package today too. I was also quite pleased with the fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Received my package today too. I was also quite pleased with the fragrance.
    Im impressed. Any similarities ?

Blog Entries

Nice review! Finally some impressions

Again I have to ask this unanswered question. Someone mentioned vanilla and cinnamon spices...is it anything like a cinnamon bun?

Have you ever had a black n mild? Does it remind you of one?

Thanks for the great review!
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

To you, wich one is stronger, Pure Malt or Pure Havane?

I'm a 21 year old and I have never chomped a cigar in my life. Can someone foresee this fragrance being too bold for me? :/
    Nonetheless it has to be in my collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis View Post
    Nice review! Finally some impressions

Again I have to ask this unanswered question. Someone mentioned vanilla and cinnamon spices...is it anything like a cinnamon bun?
    Absolutely NONE - if there's vanilla there it's WELL hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    It tries but doesn't quite make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    I'm a 21 year old and I have never chomped a cigar in my life. Can someone foresee this fragrance being too bold for me? :/!
    Too BOLD - no way.

Great impressions so far! My package still has yet to arrive :-(
    I'm interested to know what fragrance chems are listed in the ingredients -especially coumarin. Is there any listed?

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Mr Mugler you have just made yourself an age niche with this fragrance
    This ain't young adult friendly!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    Great impressions so far! My package still has yet to arrive :-(
    I'm interested to know what fragrance chems are listed in the ingredients -especially coumarin. Is there any listed?
    From the box: Alcohol, Water, Parfum, Linalool, Coumarin, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Salicytate, Citronellol,Geraniol, Citral, Cinnamal, Eugenol.

Still can't think of what Pure Havane reminds me of...

It really does evolve quite a bit. The second stage was really good. I started to get the tobacco very clearly and I finally realized what part of Versace 's the Dreamer was the tobacco. Tobacco smells different for me in each scent, and I never really got the tobacco in The Dreamer until I smelled the tobacco in Pure Havane. I didn't get much of the third stage, because I had to take a shower and participate in some focus group thing-- It was going to be close quarters with a bunch of strangers and I went without a fragrance-- though I could still smell the remnants of Pure Havane and I liked it. What I did get of the third stage is hard to describe, but it's dry and woody.

I've never smelled Tobacco Vanille, but I really dig Pure Havane. Combining A*men with cigars, there was a potential to really go over the top and make something that would just drive people out of a room, with loudness. I find Pure Havane to be classy enough, with a slightly reserved air-- neither youngish or too mature.

I also like the flask color. It's exactly the right shade of brown that screams "cigar". I like the subtle details with this one, and the entire Pure series. I know that some people hate flankers or wish Mugler would just move beyond the A*Men concept, but each Pure Limited Edition has been done with care, style and very good technical consideration. I hope they do a few more "Pures". I'll keep buying them.

Quote Originally Posted by PradaG View Post
    a friend of mine actually told me a different fragrance, mandarina duck pure black reminded him of a black and mild. ever tried that one?

Thanks for the review Indie. I love tobacco frags, so I might have to break my rule about no blind buys.
    You ever try Pure Coffee?

-Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Thanks for your review. I can't wait to have this Pure.

I only tried Pure Coffee once-- The time I tried to wheel and deal that tester away from the Macy's SAs, to no dice. I meant to snag one from ebay, but I waited too long.

I'm a coffee fanatic. A female friend bought me a French Press last year for my birthday, and that was all it took. I hate getting out of bed with a sleepy passion, but a cup of coffee is my one consolation.

I like how each of the Pures is based on a vice. Caffeine. Alcohol. Nicotine. There are a few directions they could take the Pure line in the future.

I think I figured out which scent Pure Havane reminds me of... It reminds me just a little bit of Burberry London, though I like Pure Havane more. Still, very different, but kind of a similar feel in places.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    I hope they do a few more "Pures". I'll keep buying them.
    A*Men Pure Fire. The possibilities of what could come out of that bottle...

What I've found with recent frags like this is that at least one of the following will likely apply:

1. Too sweet.
    2. Too synthetic.
    3. Simplistic base, often vanillic or tonka-dominated.
    4. Strong wood notes (usually not natural enough either).

Quote Originally Posted by fitch256 View Post
    A*Men Pure Fire. The possibilities of what could come out of that bottle...
    Interesting. Hadn't thought of that, but it would be interesting to see them take A*men and work in dark chocolate, red chili pepper and hot cinnamon notes.

Quote Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
    It tries but doesn't quite make it.
    I love me some black n milds. But really, if it tries to go for a cheap bargain cigar, and doesn't make it, how good can it be?
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Sounds interesting, but I don't live nearby any place that will sell this one. It'll be a pass for me.
    Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Interesting. Hadn't thought of that, but it would be interesting to see them take A*men and work in dark chocolate, red chili pepper and hot cinnamon notes.
    An interesting interpretation, and "fire" notes on top of the a*men tar would be worth a sniff.

Quote Originally Posted by mtgprox05 View Post
    I love me some black n milds. But really, if it tries to go for a cheap bargain cigar, and doesn't make it, how good can it be?
    Let me help you out with that & clarify . . . . - for me - the fragrance that matches the depth of actual cigar tobacco in the drydown does not exist. Trying to mimic the real thing with synthetics is just dam near impossible. Everything is just an approximation trying to trigger a scent memory. Havane gets close especially in the drydown, but - like just about everything else - can't recreate the real deal.

Your self-tests will tell you how good it can be. I absolutely HAVE to ask tho - when did black & mild reach the realm of a 'high quality' cigar ?

Thanks for the in-depth review !
    Can anyone answer this question please : Is this release and the Malt release a limited edition ? or are they stanadard releases.
    I had heard that Malt started off as a limited edition and due to its popularity they changed its status and it is still in production ?
    I dont know how true any of this is. In France you can still find Malt easily.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Too BOLD - no way.
    i'm 28 and i'm not sure i can even pull this one off. but part of that might be my personality.

how old are you?

My Pure Havana arrived today via FedEX. I will cut straight to the chase in that this to me is the best of limited editions.

It seems that the perfumer Jacques Huclier is given time to refine his creation. This version of A Men holds that tobacco / cigar note which is found in the women's version of Angel that cuts that fruity sweetness of that perfume and gives it that unique sillage.

To me this is what the original A Men should have been the scent does not slide down to that dry down of sweet sticky candy vanilla but is controlled by a rich spicy tobacco note like the women's version. Shame this is going to be a limited edition it should have been released as a reworked EDP edition of A Men.

Quote Originally Posted by cutternelson View Post
    . . . . i'm not sure i can even pull this one off. but part of that might be my personality.
    I think you've nailed it. Maybe the original questions should have been too SYNTHETIC. Can anyone pull that off ?

I just got Pure Havane & sprayed one small spritz on the back of my forearm about 20 minutes ago. I gotta say I'm loving this right now. It would be a perfect autumn scent. I own both Malt & Coffee and to me, I think Havane will be the easiest to wear.

Well, I got a bottle of Pure Malt I'm not going to wear maybe someone would trade their unloved Pure Havane for my unloved Pure Malt....lol
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

Testing this again for the second day and I like it even more and pick up more nuances today. I let one of my work buddies try it and he was really a fan. I had to laugh when I saw that post about Mugler trying to make something that smelled like "Black and Milds" and failing. I really don't think that's what they were aiming for, lol.

Much the way some people percieve vetiver scents to either fall into the category of "brown" or "green", I have similar mental classifications for tobacco-- I find tobacco sometimes has a brown, sweet, box-of raisins, dry, papery, earthy character--which I smell in scents like Aramis, Havana, Vintage Tabarome, Tabarome Millesime, Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia and Miller et Bertaux #2 Spiritus/Land; and then I find tobacco notes can sometimes have a very deep, floral, purplish, narcotic character which I smell in stuff like Versace's Dreamer, Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme, Versace Man, Baldessarini, Bulgari Blu. Some scents straddle the line for me, exhibiting strong aspects of both-- Burberry London comes to mind.

I also find that A*Men Pure Havane exhibits both aspects of tobacco. Like I said, I am getting even more out of this the second day. Of the tobacco scents I have, this one is perhaps the closest to a cigar. To let the tobacco come through, I think they really had to tone down other aspects of the A*men signature. The sweetness is there, but it's like a cherry tobacco sweetness.

I really think this one is a winner. It's got enough of the cigar/tobacco accords to live up to its name, and yet it doesn't smell like an overfilled spitoon or an ashtray, either. As much as I love the original A*men and feel like it's a masterpiece of perfumery, I think the Pure line is brilliant. They could have just watered down A*men and created A*Men Sport (well, they have Ice*Men), but I like the way they've created flankers with a lot of character and imagination. I mean, to actually go through the process of aging Pure Malt in barrels, or to design Pure Havane to have three distinct stages (which I could detect), they didn't just throw these out there to make a buck.

This is going to be a great evening scent-- It's like A*men, but not for the nightclub, rather for the gentlemen's club.

Maybe this will be my Valentine's present!

Basenotes Institution

Tobacco is always so tricky on my skin. Sometimes it grosses me out and other times I love it.

Would you classify this as a gourmand?
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Let me help you out with that & clarify . . . . - for me - the fragrance that matches the depth of actual cigar tobacco in the drydown does not exist. Trying to mimic the real thing with synthetics is just dam near impossible. Everything is just an approximation trying to trigger a scent memory. Havane gets close especially in the drydown, but - like just about everything else - can't recreate the real deal.

Your self-tests will tell you how good it can be. I absolutely HAVE to ask tho - when did black & mild reach the realm of a 'high quality' cigar ?
    Wait, I said "cheap bargain cigar" lol. I don't think they're high quality at all!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

and call it Pure Azteca

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    Tobacco is always so tricky on my skin. Sometimes it grosses me out and other times I love it.

Would you classify this as a gourmand?
    Hmmm... Gourmand? I don't know. I think for sure, there are gourmand aspects to the scent. Overall, not the whole scent. The tobacco IMO is just right. I get a bit nauseous sometimes with certain tobacco notes, and Pure Havane doesn't bother me at all.

I have a lot of Tobacco scents, but not really many that are sweet and borderline gourmand. This will probably wind up being one of my favorites. Mugler weaves playfulness into all of their scents-- don't expect this to be stuffy. It's really balanced. The thing is, the overall scent is just so good, in my opinion-- leaving out the tobacco focus for the moment-- I mean, it's really an attractive composition. I think the tobacco edge just makes it even more seductive.

It's not Vintage Tabarome or Aramis Havana-- I mean, we're talking about Thierry Mugler here-- and that's why I like this so much; I was looking forward to seeing tobacco receive the Mugler treatment, and I've not been disappointed. For people who don't like A*Men or any of its other flankers, I can't tell them that they're going to like this; but if you like A*Men, this is a really classy yet accessible reworking of it.

I like how each of the Pures is based on a vice. Caffeine. Alcohol. Nicotine. There are a few directions they could take the Pure line in the future.
    Eh, more like legal drugs. What's next?

Great review Indie_Guy...
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I smelled a sample of Pure Havane a few weeks back. It smells really, really good. So is it true they don't have it on the Mugler boutique online store anymore? I see atleast one person selling it on ebay and will look into buying it if I can't get it from the mugler online boutique. I really hate the fact that I wasn't online during those days it were available on the site.

So I got this 2 days ago and have been wearing it ever since. I really like it but not as much as Pure Malt. There is no comparison to Tobacco Vanille as there is no vanilla in this. I kept trying to figure out what this reminds me of and now I figured it out. The honey- tobacco note reminds me of the similar note in Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque. This is good stuff.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by AZsmells View Post
    So I got this 2 days ago and have been wearing it ever since. I really like it but not as much as Pure Malt. There is no comparison to Tobacco Vanille as there is no vanilla in this. I kept trying to figure out what this reminds me of and now I figured it out. The honey- tobacco note reminds me of the similar note in Serge Lutens - Fumerie Turque. This is good stuff.
    If it smells like ft then I guess it cannot be that bad, is it lighter or stronger than ft?

Smells like a high class Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme meets Dreamer. Thats what I get.
    I only sprayed one blast on arm..willing to sell at cost.
    -AVENTUS-

Just got home to a fedex box.....was pretty exited.
    Box is cool....just like a Phillies Blunt LOL

As for the scent, It's pretty good.
    Much Fruitier than I expected....fruity in the cherry way that Dreamer and Bogart Pour Homme are....I don't smell any smoke or fire....but I do smell alot of a dry tobacco note, the exact one found in Burberry London and Baldinini Man. Very "Middleton's cherry"....definitely a huge dry blast of the same cheap cigars I must've split with a razor blade 2500 times during high school and college...this is a cherry swisher/white owl/Phillie/Dutch/etc....it's not as estute at all as the either tabarome tobacco...or as dry and abrasive texturally as the Odori Tabacco.....but to it's credit it is much less sweet than say Tobacco Vanille or the Demeter whiskey Tobacco......much drier/dustier and less sweet than Chergui....it is definitely and distinctly the smell of the unburnt cherry/fruity cheap cigars my generation splits open and uses as slow-burning rolling papers.

Drier than Pure Malt, and even more removed from OG A*Men than Pure Malt. Not sure if i like the drydown more than Pure Malt, but keep in mind, I think Pure malt is a crude, one star fragrance, but one that is also bottle worthy.

I'd say this is bottle worthy for lovers of any of these scents:
    Baldinini Man
    Burberry London
    Bogart Pour Homme
    Versace Dreamer
    B*Men

Topnotes are like a three way split between:
    Baldinini Man
    Burberry London
    Pure Malt (the initial 30 seconds share the most similarity withpure malt, after that it goes it's own way quickly)

Heart is most like the dry/dusty/sweet/cinnamic tobacco from Baldinini Man and Burberry London, And with a good dose of some of the toastier/sweeter notes from B*Men.

Rubbing the scent to dry it down earlier than it shuld, produces something similar to a mix of the drydowns of each of these:
    Baldinini Man
    Burberry London
    Bogart Pour Homme
    Versace Dreamer

This has none of the marshmallow, cocoa, or honeyed texture of tobacco vanille...it's definitely cherry tobacco, not honeyed or vanilla....this tobacco is all tonka bean cherry/almond/jergens steez....
    Good sillage smell and distance...alot like the sillage of Bogart PH in many ways...but much more texturally dry and dusty than bogart ph....classier.

I was expecting more, but it's still pretty good. I'll see if anything changes once i wear it for more than 15 minutes with a cheater's rub-in drydown catalyst tommorrow and see if anything changes.

I have some younger girlfriends/FWB who still haven't heeded my advise to stop rolling up with blunts (much healthier alternatives for consuming cannabis out there)......and I think I will keep this bottle just for them, and won't be buying another...it's a cool addition to my wardrobe, and a little bit of a throwback for me....in a very distinct way like many others have life memories attached to scents.
    Last edited by DULLAH; 13th February 2011 at 05:36 AM.

Good description. I like tobacco frags but not cherry ones. The most I can stand, in that direction, is Dior Homme.

Dullah, nice review.

I wore it again today for the third day in a row. It's not hype, I'm completely smitten with Pure Havane. I brought a little vial of it work to see what my buddies thought of it., and they all loved it. They thought it was one of the very best things I've ever brought in. I've gotten a lot of different facets from it over time. I do find a very nice vanilla and bitter cacao base far into the drydown. The topnotes are so nice that I keep wanting to reapply, but I know better.

Aside from the comparisons to different types of tobaccos/tobacco scents, Pure Havane is just a wonderfully balanced sexy, classy scent from top to bottom. It doesn't sacrifice wearability or versatility in trying to put the tobacco notes in the forefront for the sake of novelty. They could have just thrown this together in a hurry, but my nose tells me they didn't; As with Pure Malt, I think there was some real technical brilliance on the part of the perfumer. This is the first tobacco scent that really satisfies exactly what it was that I was looking for when I think of tobacco.

Aside from the comparisons to different types of tobaccos/tobacco scents, Pure Havane is just a wonderfully balanced sexy, classy scent from top to bottom. It doesn't sacrifice wearability or versatility in trying to put the tobacco notes in the forefront for the sake of novelty. As with Pure Malt, I think there was some real technical brilliance on the part of the perfumer.
    I mostly agree...this is not as novelty as my description may make it seem...it's pretty good, very wearable by those who don't like tobacco dominant novelty scents...And i would say it the classiest of the Pure Series....mainly due to the dustiness/dryness of the tobacco note tempering the insanely classless/loud/supersweet nature of Mugler's A*Men...and it seems to rely alot ess of Isobutavan and the ethyl maltol/ethyl vanillin than any previous A*men...this one is much more about Tonka/Coumarin....which IMO makes it the most masculine of the A*men series....not from the dryness, but because coumarin to me is the most masculine of the sweeteners used in perfumery.

...and even though in smell it's closest relative is probably Baldinini Man....of all the Mugler scents....in character and texture, this is not really that closely related to A*Men...much more like B*men....not overly sweet, and it's very chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsly View Post
    Good description. I like tobacco frags but not cherry ones.
    The cherry note in Pure Havane, while fairly prominent at first....is not as prominent as in Bogart PH or Versace Dreamer....those stay moist and sweet thru the drydown, and they keep their fruity edge well into the drydown also.....

Pure Havane is much dustier/more dry than either of those, and the prominent "cherry tobacco" topnotes to give way to a robust "dried tobacco" note much like the drydowns of Burberry London and Baldinini, only with some of the sillage, size of presence, and some scent of Bogart Pour Homme/Dreamer.

So while Banana Republic Black Walnut smelled very similar to dry Acid Kuba Kuba cigars, Pure Havane smells very similar to the sweetened cheapie cigars....the two closest fragrances I've smelled to cigars....

Got mine today.. and i have to agree about the cherry tobacco. My grandfather was a pipe smoker and his favorite was Middleton's Cherry Blend. Ive smelled it on him the whole time i grew up and know it well. As soon as i sprayed Pure Havane i instantly thought of my grandfather.

I'm really not seeing much "cherry" in this, though I've only really given it one full wearing so far. I do get the vanilla, but it's a more subtle vanilla, behind the honey/tobacco. But I'm really not getting any cherry out of this. I do agree that this is by far the most classy of the A*Men line, though I have not sampled Pure Coffee.

I like how each of the Pures is based on a vice. Caffeine. Alcohol. Nicotine.
    Brilliant... I never thought of that.

Such as Pure Orgasm (sex).

I agree with DULLAH's assessment. I posted last night in a different thread that this should have been called B*Men: Pure Havane, as it smells like a reworking of B*Men rather than A*Men. This isn't a gourmand in the way that A*Men, Pure Coffee, or Pure Malt are. It's spicy like B*Men and I don't really detect much sweetness in this, nor do I find its notes edible. Each time I sniff this I am immediately reminded of B*Men, Pure Malt (in the late dry-down), and, strangely enough, PR 1 Million.

If you like A*Men, Pure Coffee, and Pure Malt, but disliked B*Men, there's a good chance you won't like Pure Havane (I fall into this category). If you liked B*Men but didn't like A*Men and it's sweet gourmand flankers, then there's a good chance you will like Pure Havane.

Again, this should have been a B*Men flanker.

Blog Entries

Indie_Guy, Dullah, and Shaheen - excellent reviews. I have got to try this one now.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Now I'm excited to get a bottle. I really liked B*Men but didn't like A*men as it was just too sweet and tarred out. I love Tobacco Vanille but it's expensive. Is this more versatile than Tobacco Vanille?

If anyone doesn't like their bottle, consider it sold!

Lavender/tar/patchouli of A*Men mixed with cherry tobacco of SSS Tabac Aurea.
    Sometimes smells similar to B*Men, sometimes A*Men.
    Been wearing since Wednesday and have garnered many compliments.
    Would buy again.
    I smell marshmallows!

^Tabac Aurea is much higher qualitatively than Pure Havane.....But I guess texturally they're kinda close, as both have just enough sweetness, never too much, and just enough dryness/dustiness....

Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    Such as Pure Orgasm (sex).
    I believe that is actually the very elusive C*Men