Code of Conduct

Default Places to shop in Doha, Qatar?

I have a couple of days in Doha Qatar, and was wondering if anybody knew of the best place to buy fragrances and oils?

Default Re: Places to shop in Doha, Qatar?

ask scent...

What an unexpected thread to see lol! Welcome to my home turf! The best place is Pari Gallery in Royal Plaza; their selection includes Xerjoff, Le Labo, By Kilian, Annick Goutal, Amouage, Bond No. 9, Creed, Caron, Maitre Parfumeur Gantier, Clive Christian, Tom Ford (includes Private Collection), M. Micallef, Costume National, as well as many, many, many obscure niche findings. Highly recommended! While still in Royal Plaza, be sure to visit a shop called Al Jazeera Perfumes which stocks Montale at about half the price of US prices! Another place to check out in Royal Plaza is 4U. This basically our kind of Sephora but has a nice selection of deisgner and niche. Another place is Blue Salon which is close to Royal Plaza. This department store stocks E. Coudray, Annick Goutal, Caron, Penhaligon's as well as a wide variety of designer and niche. Then there's AIDA Boutique which is located in the Al Fardan Towers in the Corniche which stocks The Different Company, some CDG and some Strange Invisible Perfumes and a large selection of Diptyque. The Diptyque boutique however is located in The Pearl and has everything from their inventory. For a cheaper alternative you can go to Souq Waqif and to a store called Saleem Perfumes which stocks a large variety of designer and niche perfumes but at discounted prices. Hmmmm...I'll be sure to add some more place but I'm at a brain freeze LOL!

im booking my ticket now!!

Thanks Scent! I am very blessed to be able to take an around the world trip, and luckily have the ability to visit Qatar. Given that i am a fragrance fanatic, i figured this stop might be a very good chance for me to sample and buy many eastern fragrances. I have looked at the stores available at City Center and was very impressed, but Royal Plaza sounds much better! They even have Ajmal and Arabian Oud! What is the availability of oils at the souq? Is Saleem Perfumes the only store? (or just the only reputable one?)
    I will be arriving in late April, so this is a bit far into the future, but are there any other tips you would have for a visitor to your city?

Jenson buddy! You're always welcome here and I'll be sure to make you're trip a fragrant fun one!

mdtroyer: You're welcome! Regarding stores that sell oud, attars and many different types of oils, there are many, many stores in all the shopping malls and also Souq Waqif. In City Center, there are Asghar Ali, Arabian Oud, Ajmal, Abdulsamad Al Qurashi and probably five or six more I'm forgetting. Al Jazeera Perfumes (dealer of Montale) is actually a Qatari company that sells only the highest quality ouds, oils, attars and rose absolutes; their prices however come at a premium. Saleem Perfumes is just one store that sells scents at a discount, but there are countless number of other stores. I would be more than happy to give you tips about places to see and restaurants, etc...just PM me and I'll be more than happy to help out!

Hi Scent, do you know if I can grab some interesting deals at the Doha airport? I will be connecting flights there and will not have time to visit the city, but maybe there's something interesting at the duty free?

Hmm, wish I had known of this during last year's unanticipated visit to Doha (ash cloud). Sounds great, Scent! Look forward to another visit to the region. Perfume heaven!
    Sans parfum, la peau est muette.

Quote Originally Posted by scent View Post
    Jenson buddy! You're always welcome here and I'll be sure to make you're trip a fragrant fun one!
    holding you to that