Code of Conduct

Default Is it just me, or is TF Amber Absolute more of an incense frag than an amber?

The top notes were very ambery, but after 10-15 minutes, I smell exactly like the Meiji Jingu shrine in Tokyo, Japan.
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!

Default Re: Is it just me, or is TF Amber Absolute more of an incense frag than an amber?

Predominantly amber really. It was my SOTSlumber. It's a very consoling amber perfume. One of my favorite non-spicy ambers.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Is it just me, or is TF Amber Absolute more of an incense frag than an amber?

AA is very rich in labdanum, a resinous incense ingredient.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Amber is I'd say the "identity" element.

Blog Entries

l'd say amber is the predominant note, but there is a pronounced note of incense which gives it a bit of depth. The drydown is pure, sweet, rich amber on me.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Update: Purchased it (FB)!

Edit: In large part because of that incense accord. I ended up choosing this over Jubilation XXV, at least for the time being. Can't put a price on those Japan memories
    Looking for Hermessence Ambre Narguile and for TFPB Moss Breches (50ml bottle), willing to pay in cashdollars. PM me!