Code of Conduct

Default Recent Purchase (Aventus)

I received my 120ml Aventus from Creedbotique.com yesterday. I'm very happy with the notes and the peak of longevity was 7 1/2 hours. I say 7 1/2 because I could personally smell it myself without trying to notice it. Every 15-30 minutes after this window of 7 1/2 hours I received strong hints of Aventus. I would say this lasted about 9.5-10 hours on me. I only used two sprays, (both on upper chest). To also clear the air on different smelling Aventus's and lot numbers - my numbers were c42b10k03. I'm not getting the first impression of a "smoky top note" every seems to be talking about. All of the females I encountered yesterday either moved closer to see if it was my projection and complimented me on the smell.

Default Re: Recent Purchase (Aventus)

Congratulateon! Aventus is one of the most elegant and classy fresh-scents I can think of. Very versatile, and perfect for all occasions. Get ready for compliments!

Banned
    Blog Entries

I don't know why, but something about the classification (being broadly made I add) of Aventus as a "chick magnet" and an "elegant and classy fresh scent" makes me feel less inclined to try it. Aventus is beginning to sound like my generation's Green Irish Tweed. Not that that's a bad thing. Just makes it seem a bit dull. I will point out that I have yet to try Aventus. It sounds sublime, and probably is. But I wonder if I could feel any differently about it than I feel about GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by JMC29 View Post
    I received my 120ml Aventus from Creedbotique.com yesterday. I'm very happy with the notes and the peak of longevity was 7 1/2 hours.
    Glad you like it. I think it's a really good scent.

I have some on my wrist for the first time. A thousand posts for this?? ***shrugs***

omg female attention?!? must buy!! must buy!!! yay for more Creed free advertisement towards the lonely men of basenotes. lmao

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

I love it, and I'm usually more of a hate kinda guy.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    omg female attention?!? must buy!! must buy!!! yay for more Creed free advertisement towards the lonely men of basenotes. lmao
    Lonely men? I was just pointing out that the fragrance has decent projection unlike other Creeds I have tried. I'm not advertising for Creed either. I made a purchase directly from the botique and ended up with a serial number people linked towards weak notes. If you cannot afford niche fragrances - it's ok. You can hate "Creed" all you want - but save your assumptions for someone else's thread.

It's great that you are enjoying Creed Aventus. It's not a scent for everyone, of course. Aventus is the one "modern" style fragrance in my "older guy" wardrobe. I posted previously about a batch that I smelled that seemed like i was missing the fruity-pineapple top (A42B10J02). I also had earlier difficulty with olfactory habituation that has mysteriously and suddenly improved a great deal. I wore Aventus yesterday and caught whiffs of it during my entire shift. It is the one scent that a female co-worker asked about and said she liked.

Martin

Lonely men? I was just pointing out that the fragrance has decent projection unlike other Creeds I have tried. I'm not advertising for Creed either. I made a purchase directly from the botique and ended up with a serial number people linked towards weak notes. If you cannot afford niche fragrances - it's ok. You can hate "Creed" all you want - but save your assumptions for someone else's thread.
    I was just making a joke in regards to the many many Creed threads there are (and the thread about this fact and the thread about paying people to advertise for them). It's nothing against you! I own and have owned Creed before, I love the house. Don't make assumptions

But thanks for the lot #, I'm looking into buying Aventus and want to make sure I get a nice lot.

I like it. Sometimes it's nice wearing something that's just pleasant. It's kind of like playing Coldplay on your iPod for a change instead of Sonic Youth. Aventus is a chick magnet - when you combine it with daily pushups, confidence, eye contact, and career ambitions.

I wore it today. Really nice for about an hour, then mellows WAY down, to almost nothing on my skin. Not worth the current going rate. I wore 5 sprays.

My Wife is a huge fan of Aventus.....One of Her favorites in my collection for sure!!!
    Gary

I received my 120ml Aventus from Creedbotique.com yesterday. I'm very happy with the notes and the peak of longevity was 7 1/2 hours. I say 7 1/2 because I could personally smell it myself without trying to notice it. Every 15-30 minutes after this window of 7 1/2 hours I received strong hints of Aventus. I would say this lasted about 9.5-10 hours on me. I only used two sprays, (both on upper chest). To also clear the air on different smelling Aventus's and lot numbers - my numbers were c42b10k03. I'm not getting the first impression of a "smoky top note" every seems to be talking about. All of the females I encountered yesterday either moved closer to see if it was my projection and complimented me on the smell.
    I read a thread about people like you not too long ago! So tell us, how much is creed paying you??

In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Wore it out tonight, rack up another compliment. This scent is quite appealing to women 21-28 I've noticed.

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

I was sitting in my office chatting with a male colleague a few weeks ago when a woman colleague passed by in the hall and came back a bit later to inquire about that "WONDERFUL cologne" I was wearing. She was asking about Aventus. The women really seem to take to it.

It's very safe for work, in my opinion. It's not overtly sexual nor even really sensual. It's a very clever, very "mainstream" fragrance that is rather inoffensive but smells classy (what a word!). Worth the money? In retrospect, I don't think so--I buy a fragrance mostly for myself; I have an aversion to smelling bad. Call it a stigma, but chemists aren't known for smelling good (let alone great!). That said, after about 3-4 hours on my skin--it's gone to my nose! Even early on (say 1 h) I can't smell the Aventus jet trail so often concomitant with what should be a sillage monster; however, others can and they enjoy it. While the longevity is disappointing to me, I can only wonder if it must be olfactory fatigue as the day goes by. Even when I can't smell it, I get compliments on it. The drycleaner really likes it as well, and that's on shirts that are days old. Go figure. Despite its seemingly ephemeral character, it is present the day after. What I can't smell in the evening I can smell on a shirt starting the laundry in the morning. That is the only reason I've kept it from eBay or a trade-in on a more tenacious Creed.

For the price, it's a shame that this fragrance dulls my nose. I actually bought this on the presumption that it was a potent creature--I based this off of spraying some test paper at the local Saks. I put it in my pocket and could smell it throughout the week, and the dry down was exquisite! Upon wearing it, I realized its versatility and good characteristics. I've not yet met anyone who's been offended by it, even on the days when I intentionally over-sprayed going into the office and asked for candid opinions about if I was reeking it up.

It reminds me of a great first date--everything is going very well, you have the inkling that this might just be the one you can be with day to day, there is great chemistry, very agreeable personality, everything seems to be in line. Sadly, the second date and each date after exposes little flaws, each tolerable on their own, but damning in summation. Little bits and pieces of the fragrance's schedule of development have irked me. It's good but it's not great.
    Last edited by Chemistwithanose; 15th February 2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: clarity

Sorry, this is my first post but I've been looking to get my hands on Aventus. Originally, when I visited creedboutique in NYC couple of weeks ago and asked to smell Aventus and GIT, I was underwhelmed with Aventus. The aventus smelled almost generic compared to the GIT, which has a very refreshing smell. However, after doing some research, I purchased a sample 5 ml tester online and I am in love with it. (I do not know the tester lot, but I am asking right now)

So I've been doing some research.
    One of the sellers on ebay is selling the same exact lot the OP has. It is great that the OP like it, but when I did a search with it on the basenotes forum, it seems that several member of the forum was unhappy with this particular lot.

User B0n3z
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/267...-batch-numbers

Of course, this is just one user's opinion. I want to know if any other people who has the same batch number has either good/bad experience with it.

Thanks

When you say you sprayed 2 on your chest, do you mean on the bare-skin chest, or on the chest area on the shirt? I would love some clarification since I always hear both things said and not sure which is which.

2 sprays to the chest in a \ / manner if in between these two slashes was your chest. One spray to cross from the left, and one spray to cross from the right. I do on the skin, some prefer to spray clothing, it's personal preference all over.

kire1820: Personally, my Aventus has it's place in my collection. People blame the numbers, etc. But I don't think the numbers mean anything, seeing how my bottle came out just fine, or maybe it is just my skin. Most people on this site probably also use strong scenting conditioners, shampoo's, soaps, lotions - that all can affect the smell you get from your fragrance. I have an amazing matte perfume shelf that protects my fragrances and keeps the bottles at nice temperatures. If you feel it is not fresh, return it - but don't let people scare you away from the fragrance.