Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: My CREED Vintage Tabarome flacon search...the lengthy windup!

I recently purchased some Creed that was described as Tabarome Millesime but looks very similar to some of the testers shown in this thread.

I am very skeptical that it is vintage Tabarome, but at the very least I am certain it can be mistaken for vintage Tabarome.

I have never seen Tabarome Millesime in this kind of bottle or found anything online like it.

What are your thoughts about this?

Last edited by Johnny_Ludlow; 5th January 2015 at 04:57 PM.

The color of the juice looks identical to tabarome millesime color... As the vintage tabarome is very dark in color.

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    I recently purchased some Creed that was described as Tabarome Millesime but looks very similar to some of the testers shown in this thread.

I am very skeptical that it is vintage Tabarome, but at the very least I am certain it can be mistaken for vintage Tabarome.

I have never seen Tabarome Millesime in this kind of bottle or found anything online like it.

What are your thoughts about this?

That looks like a VT tester with a different cap stuck on to it. Have you smelled the juice?

If you look up the auction, it came with a modern Tabarome Mil box also. It's definitely a tester, so it shouldn't have had a box or a cap. I've seen very early early flacons of the Tabarome Mil that had this sticker on there as well, which is reminiscent of the vintage logo. But the juice is much lighter by comparison, which this looks to be in the photos.

Basically, you've got to smell it to compare. There were two bottles in the auction ... did the other one have the same box and cap as this one?

I haven't gotten my hands on it yet but should get it a couple of days.

I think I've seen a Tabarome Millesime like you describe naylor, which was in a green flacon on eBay recently.

I have a Royal Delight tester, but that tester is in a bottle that has Millesime written on the front compared to the usual EdT testers.

I did buy both as I wanted to make sure I got this one...I doubt they both look like this but I'll let you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazznpool View Post
    Addendum. More than a year later I purchased a green flacon of Royal Scottish Lavender and lucked into full and partial testers of Private Collection Tabarome as gifts with purchase. Now I can wear VT a bit more often. The second photo shows my group of VT testers. I don't think we'll see this one again from Creed, and if we do, I expect it to be in a degraded form. Most of the discontinued Creeds are now difficult to nearly impossible to source. Another discontinued Creed I like a good deal is Baie de Genievre--but it took an older bottle (90's) to make me fully appreciate it.

Martin

It does look light, but it's on par with some of the lighter testers in this post.

It unfortunately seems it will come down to smell only I guess.

I haven't gotten my hands on it yet but should get it a couple of days.

I think I've seen a Tabarome Millesime like you describe naylor, which was in a green flacon on eBay recently.

I have a Royal Delight tester, but that tester is in a bottle that has Millesime written on the front compared to the usual EdT testers.

I did buy both as I wanted to make sure I got this one...I doubt they both look like this but I'll let you know!
    Yeah, I remember that flacon auction. I'm really interested to see what these both look like when you get your hands on them. This is intriguing for sure. And you're right about some of the vintage juice being lighter in color. I've seen some really dark vintage bottles, and mine is lighter than that (as in the photo above). But when compared next to Tab Mil, it's still noticeably darker. At any rate, I don't blame you for buying both. This could work out pretty well for you, and you've definitely piqued my interest :-)

Haha, thanks! It's a gamble, but the price wasn't ridiculous, so I thought why not? :-D

I was surprised nothing like this was ever posted!

Awesome stories from this thread. I enjoy the hunt often times more than the prize! Sick, I know.

Champion Thread Killer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Awesome stories from this thread. I enjoy the hunt often times more than the prize! Sick, I know.
    You hit the nail on the head Chuck..for me the hunt (journey) for so many things and in so many ways is often as much or even at times more enjoyable than the acquisition (destination) itself.
    One if by land...two if by sea...three if by air....
    82(2X2) = 1, but then 82(2X2) = 16...??

Update: it's real.

I can't believe it. It smells peppery/powdery with no ginger like Tabarome Millesime.

Only one was vintage Tabarome, the other was the Millesime, with the brown label from 2013.

The VT had no batch code anywhere.

It's convenient that I had one of each to directly compare, but if wasn't needed, they're completely different.

I can't believe it. It smells peppery/powdery with no ginger like Tabarome Millesime.

Only one was vintage Tabarome, the other was the Millesime, with the brown label from 2013.

The VT had no batch code anywhere.

It's convenient that I had one of each to directly compare, but if wasn't needed, they're completely different.
    Congrats on the VT. You literally won the lottery.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Congrats on the VT. You literally won the lottery.
    Thanks! I'm thrilled, it's truly like finding a diamond in the rough!

It's incredible to think this box was sitting somewhere for ~10 years hiding a secret.

It's also incredible how a Vintage Tabarome tester was packaged inside a Tabarome Millesime box. Could there be others like this still waiting to be discovered?

Congrats Boss...nice score
    An investment in knowledge pays the best interest

- Benjamin Franklin

It's incredible to think this box was sitting somewhere for ~10 years hiding a secret.

It's also incredible how a Vintage Tabarome tester was packaged inside a Tabarome Millesime box. Could there be others like this still waiting to be discovered?
    Congrats!!! I'm sure somebody just took a tester, threw a spare cap on it and stuffed it in an extra box because they thought it would be easier to sell than a capless tester. I doubt it's something that you'd find again. Jackpot!

Your findings of VT was more like a fluke... a thing that happens once and only once. Very likely won't see that again. Darn I really need more VT juice myself, I'm afraid of using up my decant.

Thanks everyone!

Since Humphrey Bogart purportedly wore Tabarome this seems fitting

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i8_hGlwau3A

The stuff that dreams are made of.

This bottle is my own Maltese falcon. I wonder if Bogart felt the same way about it?

Although unlikely, you never know and I hope those of you searching will also find one.

I love this entire thread. Vintage Tabarome has been my unicorn for awhile. I finally captured one today! I plan to actually wear this more than for special occasions rather than sit on it. It is such a perfect scent for me personally. I am also playing around with Feuilles Vertes, which to me shares a family resemblence (cousins?). I like it, particularly after a few hours, but it's no VT...

VT.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mandaguy View Post
    I love this entire thread. Vintage Tabarome has been my unicorn for awhile. I finally captured one today! I plan to actually wear this more than for special occasions rather than sit on it. It is such a perfect scent for me personally. I am also playing around with Feuilles Vertes, which to me shares a family resemblence (cousins?). I like it, particularly after a few hours, but it's no VT...

VT.jpg
    Congrats and enjoy!

VT.jpg
    That's absolutely fantastic!! Congratulations!

The FV comparison is very fitting.

VT.jpg
    Yes I felt the same way when I got my VT nearly two weeks ago. Did you get a small decant? Let us know how you think of VT and Feuilles Vertes. The hunt is on for more VT

I had a strong feeling from reading your first post at the head of this page, Boss, that this would turn out to be vintage. Congrats! Your collection must be coming along a treat...!
    Currently wearing: Coach Platinum by Coach

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Yes I felt the same way when I got my VT nearly two weeks ago. Did you get a small decant? Let us know how you think of VT and Feuilles Vertes. The hunt is on for more VT
    I "captured" the sealed flacon pictured, plus 4ml decants of each of VT and FV. I'll get plenty of use out of the decants and hopefully won't need to crack the flacon for awhile...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Go-To:
    Javanese Patchouli (Zegna), Vintage Tabarome (Creed), Vetiver Ext. (R Dove), Kobe (Xerjoff), M1849 (Creed), L'Air du Desert Marocain (Tauer), Colonia Essenza (Acqua di Parma), Musc Infini (Ex Nihilo), Bergamot Ext. (R Dove), Musk Oud (By Killian), Violettes du Czar (Legrand)

Quote Originally Posted by Davem81 View Post
    I had a strong feeling from reading your first post at the head of this page, Boss, that this would turn out to be vintage. Congrats! Your collection must be coming along a treat...!
    Thank you very much! I'm really happy with it! I feel like I'm set, I don't plan on making any purchases for awhile...unless...

Finding Your Favorite Vintage Fragrance.
    That has been a huge problem for many including myself, until I ran across this Newspaper clipping in the Seattle Times
    “Perfume Lady’s’ Business Sense Carries Worldwide”. at
    http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...5&slug=2997567

When I checked Thefragrancefactory.com
    I was over joyed to find that they
    indeed did have the vintage Creed Tabarome and others . . So many good memories are connected to mine.
    JJ
    Last edited by Brokenshoestring; 24th January 2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: updade

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenshoestring View Post
    Finding Your Favorite Vintage Fragrance.
    That has been a huge problem for many including myself, until I ran across this Newspaper clipping in the Seattle Times
    “Perfume Lady’s’ Business Sense Carries Worldwide”. at
    http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...5&slug=2997567

When I checked Thefragrancefactory.com
    I was over joyed to find that they
    indeed did have the vintage Creed Tabarome and others . . So many good memories are connected to mine.
    JJ
    No there isn't. What you saw was Taberome Millesime one was a tester and the other wasn't. They do have Royal Delight and Jasmal Millesime though.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    I've yet to find a fragrance that make me go through such lengths to acquire some. Perhaps my philosophy's a little different: I don't go round hunting down that elusive love, but stay open to experiences and myriad possibilities. Let love come to me.
    I did this with vintage Old Spice and obtained a 9.5 ounce classic bottle, then had to dump it because it 'turned', then found a vintage, sealed package of a 6oz decanter from the late 70's. It was still good, so I transferred the contents to the 9.5 ounce bottle that is on display. I have since built a full shave set of classic Old Spice soap, Aftershave, 1980's Deodorant and the cologne.

I put both the 30 year old soap and deodorant into plastic storage bags to prevent any further loss of moisture from the product and preserve them. This is literally a re-creation of a long-dead grooming setup from the 1970's/1980's. It took many months of ebay and etsy window shopping to find these products.

I didn't realize this thread was so old. Aww well. I'm proud of my Old Spice finds and figured some people might get a kick out of my blast from the ancient past.
    Last edited by tspencer; 24th January 2017 at 07:41 PM.
    Currently wearing: Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger