Code of Conduct

Thread: place to start

Default place to start

Hello,
    As a newcomer to the wonderful world of fragrance , i am looking for some sound advice .
    Does anyone have names of good , trusted websites where i can get samples ?
    I am open to any fragrance , as i really have not "found" my fragrance yet.
    I have only a couple of creed scents in my mardrobe, GIT and Aventus. Also any highly recommended fragrances would be most welcome.
    Thanks for the help

Default Re: place to start

I like getting samples from Aedes des Venustas (I think that's how it is spelled) from NY. You get 7 for $15 which is a great deal compared to The Perfumed Court which charges way too much for little 1ml samples IMHO. However, Aedes only carries niche. For non-niche perfumes, you will still need to order from TPC or Posh Peasant.

Quote Originally Posted by garionuk13 View Post
    Does anyone have names of good , trusted websites where i can get samples ?
    LuckyScent.com for all you sampling/purchasing needs. They have a remarkable ability to get samples to me from the other side of the country in three days via first class mail. If you want to sample something LuckyScent doesn't carry (designer, celebrity, etc.) you can pick them up from ThePerfumedCourt.com. TPC takes much longer than LS, price point is a bit higher & you may receive your order in multiple shipments because there are three people in different locations doing the decanting.

Always buy the smallest sized sample (which will always be the cheapest).

Ones to try out

L'Ombre Fauve

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=34520

Rose 31
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=46801

Gendarme
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/detail.asp?itemid=23100

Mr Hulot's Holiday (this one is wild. It brings up a lot of mental images)
    http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/secti...s_Holiday.html

Sephora will make you some free samples. Their choices are obviously limited, but I'd try to get them to make you a vial of Burberry London ,Chanel Egoiste or Mugler Cologne.

Also go into Kiehl's and try out their Musk. It takes 30 minutes for it to settle down, but then it becomes a really nice fragrance - good price as well.
    Last edited by adonis; 13th February 2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indyupstairs View Post
    I like getting samples from Aedes des Venustas (I think that's how it is spelled) from NY. You get 7 for $15 which is a great deal compared to The Perfumed Court which charges way too much for little 1ml samples IMHO. However, Aedes only carries niche. For non-niche perfumes, you will still need to order from TPC or Posh Peasant.
    How long did youre shipping take to get youre samples from Aedes des Venustas? There shipping seems very slow.

Many BNers never find their "Holy Grail" frag, so don't assume it will ever happen. Sounds like you've got plenty of money to spend, if you started out with GIT and Aventus, so why not buy a bunch of samples? Just make sure there isn't too much overlap. For example, at first, you can just sample one dry, woody/incense frag (such as Avignon).

Hey Garion! First of all welcome to the forum!

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're from the UK judging by your screen name? If that is the case then Les Senteurs of London offer a sample service were you can obtain free samples if you visit in store or order up to 5 samples online for a delivery charge of £3 per samples plus £3 for a catalogue so £18 in total for 5 samples.

Les Senteurs: http://shop.lessenteurs.com/

Hope this helps!
    Creed Aventus lid wanted: please pm if you can help

Thanks everyone for the help.
    I shall try all of the places you suggested and let you know how it goes

Montale Black Aoud

Again, thanks for the advice. I have placed an order for a few samples from luckyscent

My samples arrived safe and sound
    tried Amouage lyric , homage and jubilation XXV also Comme de garcon original .
    So far i,m loving the lyric and may well invest in a bottle.Trying the Homage in the net few days , so we,ll see how that goes