Code of Conduct

Default Pure Havane vs Tobacco Vanille

Ok, but im only interested in lining these two up when it comes down to it. It would nice to hear a review of Prue Havane but in comparison to Tobacco Vanille only. Im sure some have sniffed this one already ? Please post your thoughts on this, if you may.

Default Re: Pure Havane vs Tobacco Vanille

I'll have the review/comparison as soon as I recieve my bottle of Pure Havane....not sure if it was a preorder, or if they're currently shipping, but I put in my order yesterday. Can't wait !

Misleading thread, I was thinking this would be a comparison by the OP! I'm not one to spend 80 bucks on a blind buy, so I'll wait with much anticipation for the feedback.

DULLAH, love to hear your review. Im more interested in the comparison to TV than the actual fragrance itself. Especially if it is just a lighter version of TV or something totally different.

I wouldnt think they would be similar. TV doesnt have the rotten ass accord of the A*Mens/Flankers......

I joke.

No I dont :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Nersh View Post
    DULLAH, love to hear your review. Im more interested in the comparison to TV than the actual fragrance itself. Especially if it is just a lighter version of TV or something totally different.
    I think it's already safe to assume it'll be more reliant on Isobutavan (A*Men) instead of coumarin (TV, Chergui). And it's safe to assume that the tobacco note will be alot less moist, and more dry/spicy/peppery than TV. I can't wait to smell it, even though i know qualitatively it is unlikely it'll shake off the obvious lowbrow nature of the Angel series.

So I don't expect it to compete with TV (not that TV is highbrow either tho).

So this is my first post on Basenotes, and I am relatively new to the world of scents. However, being interested in tobacco scents, I ordered Pure Havane (my first blind buy!) and found it _way_ too sugary sweet and synthetic for my tastes. I far prefer Tobacco Vanille, which is also sweet, but not as synthetic smelling as Pure Havane, and therefore more pleasant for me.

However, I did take the opportunity to layer Pure Havane with Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather (a spray of Pure Havane + a spray of TL) and it made it wearable and even enjoyable for me.

To me Tobacco Vanille smells like a cheap cigar mixed with a cheap vanilla candle from walmart. TV can get really annoying, it is made strictly for the winter, and not an everyday scent. If you don't like heavy cheap tobacco and a lot of vanilla don't get TV.

Pure Havane does Sweet Tobacco excellent. Havane is sexy stuff.

I enjoy TV once in a while. Sometimes it seems to bore me a bit a few hours in, but in general I'm glad I have some. The same can't be said for some of the other tobacco frags I've tried. I'm surprised Cumming the Fragrance doesn't get mentioned as much in the tobacco frag discussions, but I guess very few have sampled it.

is pure havane in nordstroms yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post
    Pure Havane does Sweet Tobacco excellent.
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    is pure havane in nordstroms yet?
    Not at mine. I've been told it'll be in some time next week.

Tobacco Vanille is sweeter, much much heavier, far longer lasting, and less "dusty / dry", much more "humid". It is also much richer in sweet spices and honey and creamy vanilla. Tobacco Vanille also has much more prominent cocoa and marshmallow notes. It's overall far stronger and much more gourmand of the two.

Pure Havane is lighter, less sweet (but still sweet), and much more parched / dusty / dry, in texture. It also has far less "honey" and far less cocoa and vanilla.

Pure Havane only makes a slight resemblance to tv after drying down in the very final stage, where coumarin is dominant. But overall....they're not really similar at all. Pure Havane is much more like a mix of the notes of Baldinini Man/ Burberry London, B*Men, and cherry tobacco scents like Bogart PH or Versace's The Dreamer.

Infact, the sillage of Pure Havane's drydown smells the closest to Bogart ph of any scent I've smelled