Code of Conduct

Default Impressions of Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche

Hey guys:

I'm been testing out my sample of Ambre Fetiche. Most reviewers seem to put this one in a category of it's own. Am I off base here, or does this one not share some similarites to L'Air du Desert Morocain or even Fumerie Turque? I get a sandy incense buried in amber myself. Not sure if I get this Russian Leather either.

Default Re: Impressions of Annick Goutal Ambre Fetiche

To me, Ambre Fetiche is about amber, leather and incense. I own a bottle and like it very much, especially in cooler weather.

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by scentsitivity View Post
    To me, Ambre Fetiche is about amber, leather and incense. I own a bottle and like it very much, especially in cooler weather.
    Me too. It's one of the best AG fragrances IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Have it and also love it.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have it and also love it.
    Plus (+) 1
    My Top Fragrances:
    Hermes: Terre d"Hermes
    Dior: Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent: La Nuit de L'homme
    Burberry: London
    Gucci: Pour Homme
    Rochas: Man
    Azzaro: Pour Homme

Wanted:
    L'Artisan: Fou d'Absinthe; Cristiano Fissore: Cashmere for Men; Parfums d'Nicolai: New York; Divine: L'homme Sage; Montale: Black Aoud; Tauer: L'air du desert Marocain.

does it last or is it another short lived annick goutal release?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    You're kidding right? Sables and Duel anyone? Musc Nomade ? Mandragore Pourpre ?

Anyway - Amber Fetiche - It probably took until my third sampling to really get the incense. Until then it had been amber all the way - and gorgeous in either case.

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    Longevity is good, so is its sillage, but this is at odds at other longevity / sillage monsters for it lacks the boldness of most. Don't ask me how the noses behind it did it but they succeeded at blending a fragrance that although its description, it places itself apart - it is quite distinct. Be aware that I chose to use this word in purpose: it is, at the same time, an original and a classy scent. I can only imagine this being worn by men or women of the urban haute - bourgeoisie living in a big apartment in a Beaux-Art building built in the late XIX or early XX centuries and located at Neuilly-sur-Seine, Auteuil or Passy, or the XVI / XVII Districts - you get the idea.

I would love to have some market information as to the demographics demanding Ms. Goutal's perfumes (just a matter of confirmed preconceptions).
    Last edited by Pollux; 5th June 2011 at 04:28 PM.

Does it share similarities with Ambre Russe?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciprian View Post
    Does it share similarities with Ambre Russe?
    Not that many to my nose -- the booziness of Ambre Russe kind of drowns everything.

Mmm i tried this out recently but it didnt make much of an impression, aside from being nice. I simultaneously tried Myrrhe Ardente, and I spent more time sniffing that one, because it was more 'different' to me and i couldnt decide if i liked it. I will have to revisit Ambre Fetiche. Annick GOutal is one of my favourite houses

I love this scent. Resinous-dusty-vanillic-ambery scent. Highly addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Hey guys:

I'm been testing out my sample of Ambre Fetiche. Most reviewers seem to put this one in a category of it's own. Am I off base here, or does this one not share some similarites to L'Air du Desert Morocain or even Fumerie Turque? I get a sandy incense buried in amber myself. Not sure if I get this Russian Leather either.
    Completely agree with your comparison with LADM and surprised that no one else has mentioned it. I thought it was just me. I don't get the leather, but plenty of dry amber and spice.