Code of Conduct

Default bottle size question

Hey,

I plan on picking up a evening scent and thinking about going with the paco 1 million.

I was thinking if anyone buy's the larger bottles when picking up a scent just for evenings. I go out like once or twice a week.. od question, but thinking if I might get tired of Paco..lol I liked the smell, but some people have gave it mixed reviews for the long run.

Figured I'd start with the small bottle... any recommendations?

Edit: forget it. large bottle is only $17 more.. for double the size...
    Last edited by jnkhan82; 14th February 2011 at 07:01 PM.

Banned

Default Re: bottle size question

for evening scent, i would not go with 1 million. It is an intense club fragrance. It is sexy, but it is very strong and not sensual. I would go with YSL a Nuit de L'homme. Perfect evening frag

Quote Originally Posted by jnkhan82 View Post
    Edit: forget it. large bottle is only $17 more.. for double the size...
    Wise choice.

A NowSmellThis article a few years ago tested a 1.7 oz bottle and found that it produces about 735 sprays, so this should help gauge how many wears you will get out of it depending on how many sprays you use.

I personally go for 100ml

The math is usually like this: you get twice the size for an additional 50% price. However, if you plan on building a large collection of fragrance, the small price difference can add up quickly. I personally prefer a larger bottle, so I'd have to be more selective in purchasing full bottles.

I almost always go with the 1.0 or 1.7 size. The only time I go for the big one is if there's a comical price difference (i.e. for $5 more, get double the size, etc.).

I wear lots of different scents, and after about three years, there's only a handful of my small bottles that are less than half full. I figure if I finish it, I'll get another one and know it'll be fresh. And also if the scent goes stale (I've had a couple), it'll sting a little less knowing it was a small bottle and not a big one.

Why spend the extra money if you may or may not even use it? ;-)

depends on how often you'll use it... for me that juice is potent and it's not something I'd wear often, so i might pick up a 50ml and that's it. any 100ml bottle I've bought I usually make an effort to trade/swap away about 25-30ml so the extra juice I got for cheap by upgrading actually gets me a bunch of different juice to try out too.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads