Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Which House Has The Largest Number Of Quality Male Fragrances: Chanel, Dior or Yves Saint Lauren

YSL - by a country mile.

Default Re: Which House Has The Largest Number Of Quality Male Fragrances: Chanel, Dior or Yves Saint Lauren

Dior, simply because DHI and Eau Sauvage are two of my all time favourite fragrances.

1. YSL
    2. Guerlain
    3. Dior
    4. Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by joe mcclaine View Post
    YSL - by a country mile.
    I'd say i agree. Just by looking at this site i'm convinced.
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi.../?house=100884
    "Le parfum est la musique du corps"
    (Marcel Rochas)

Republicans and Democrats have only four days to reach an agreement before hundreds of billions of dollars of tax rises and spending cuts take effect, apparently.

YSL, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post

1. Chanel
    2. Dior
    3. YSL
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoombung View Post
    Republicans and Democrats have only four days to reach an agreement before hundreds of billions of dollars of tax rises and spending cuts take effect, apparently.
    How does this pertain to the subject of this thread?

Guerlainista

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    How does this pertain to the subject of this thread?
    If the economy goes into the crapper as a result, sales of the lower cost lines will tank as middle class consumers' disposable income disappears. Then Dior and YSL will pull out of the US market, leaving Chanel the last man standing. Duh!
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dior : Fahrenheit , Dior Homme , DHI , Jules, Sauvage ( EDP Today ) , F Absolute, Dune

YSL : Rive Gauche, Kouros, M7, Opium, PH

Chanel : PMC, Egoist

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    If the economy goes into the crapper as a result, sales of the lower cost lines will tank as middle class consumers' disposable income disappears. Then Dior and YSL will pull out of the US market, leaving Chanel the last man standing. Duh!
    Thanks for clarifying it for me, Rubegon. Somehow I missed how this would all play out.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    Thanks for clarifying it for me, Rubegon. Somehow I missed how this would all play out.

Very close to call, but I think Dior edges YSL slightly, with Chanel last by a smidge.

Probably YSL. I hear more love for YSL here on Basenotes than any other designer. I'm not a big fan of Dior in all honesty, but they get a lot of love too. As do Chanel. Perhaps it's simply because YSL has more fragrances, and because they have some fairly inexpensive, but great scents like Jazz/Live Jazz, Rive Gauche and Body Kouros which makes it much easier to dive into exploring them.