Code of Conduct

Default Nose sensitvity and skin chemistry:

I've noticed that one's skin chemistry actually is actually variable, not a constant, as people may think. It will vary from morning to evening, season, and even with age. Yes, the same scent smells different on me now than it did ten years ago, and will smell different in the morning versus the evening.

And there's definitely a thing called olfactory fatigue. I've noticed that with continual usage of frags over time, you can lose some sensitivity due to olfactory fatigue. You think that the scent is weakening, or smelling bland, or similar to the others, this is a sign of olfactory fatigue.

The only way of getting rid of olfactory fatigue is to not use frags for a few days, or a "scent fasting" (lol). Strangely, I find that olfactory fatigue sets in faster with stronger scents versus the lighter scents.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nose sensitvity and skin chemistry:

The variation at different times of the day or year is probably due to changes in temperature & humidity, ie how warm or sweaty your skin is at the time!
    l find olfactory fatigue can be avoided by not wearing the same fragrance for more than a few days in a row.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Quote Originally Posted by liszt View Post
    The only way of getting rid of olfactory fatigue is to not use frags for a few days, or a "scent fasting" (lol). Strangely, I find that olfactory fatigue sets in faster with stronger scents versus the lighter scents.
    This is so real. I have not used fragrances for a week and now evertyhing that I spray on myself (or rather just 1 spray on clothes under shirt) smell so ****ing overpowering. Now I can see how some can see me as "cologne guy" eevn if I usually use just 1-3 sprays.
    TOP 3 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus

TOP 3 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme

The OP's observations are certainly true IMO.