Code of Conduct

Thread: Mazzolari EDT

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mazzolari EDT

Do any of you have experience with this fragrance ? I am wearing a sample right now and it reminds me a little of a Yatagan without the celery note. I think I read that in a review somewhere as well.

It's quite nice and extremely masculine in a Guerlain Heritage sort of way. Very old school.

Does anyone own a bottle and have you been enjoying it...sillage and longevity decent or above average ?

Thank You.

This would be the signature scent from the line. I wasn't crazy about LUI. Maybe I need to re smell it.

Default Re: Mazzolari EDT

I have tried Mazzolari Lui which I did not care for. I'm not sure it's the same one you are talking about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I have tried Mazzolari Lui which I did not care for. I'm not sure it's the same one you are talking about.
    No not LUI. If you go on the Lucky Scent website it is listed simply as Mazzaroli EDT. The signature scent in the line aka Homme.

I didn't care for LUI either but this one is really nice. I was attracted to it immediately when I put it on. Only 2 reviews on Fragrantica (Alfarom !) and none that I can see here.

Overcome By Fumes
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty good. Didn't strike me as exceptional in any major regard.

Post Thanks / Like

One of them smells like dope, in a harsh kind of way; not sure which one though.
    “When you step back from stressing the parts,
    when the mind becomes still, the rose comes to you,
    unfolds in you in all her glory.
    The perfume invades you completely.
    The rose is you. You are one.”

Jean Klein

I love the stuff! I just wish it was available in a higher concentration. Some Basenoters claim that the Mazzolari EDTs possess EDP strength but, based on my wearings of them, I have to disagree. With their signature fragrance, I get around four hours from it before it becomes a discreet skin scent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I love the stuff! I just wish it was available in a higher concentration. Some Basenoters claim that the Mazzolari EDTs possess EDP strength but, based on my wearings of them, I have to disagree. With their signature fragrance, I get around four hours from it before it becomes a discreet skin scent.
    Thank you VERY MUCH for your response. This is the sort of information I was looking for. I totally agree with you.

Cheers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    I also agree with you. I own Mazzolari Lui and Mazzolari Mazzolari, and while both smell great, neither are the powerhouses described by some posters here. Average longevity and average to slightly below average sillage. Mazzolari Mazzolari is one of the better "green" fragrances out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    Average longevity and average to slightly below average sillage. Mazzolari Mazzolari is one of the better "green" fragrances out there.
    and thank you for your post.

It amazes me how many times this happens to me. You would think someone at Mazzolari would see the potential in this fragrance and would want to provide quality to the consumer.

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by mr. reasonable; 27th April 2013 at 06:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thatmakesscents View Post
    You would think someone at Mazzolari would see the potential in this fragrance and would want to provide quality to the consumer.
    I think they are providing quality. While I own only two of them, I have visited their excellent shop in Milan and have tried the complete line, all of which are worth sampling. I would love to own their patchouly and vetiver fragrances.

I wouldn't trade the two that I own for a lot of other fragrances that have better longevity. I feel the same way about the Chanel Exclusifs. Great blends but a little on the weak side.

Yes, it would be great to have both quality and extreme longevity (longevity for these is adequate, really), but great smells trump great longevity any day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noggs View Post
    I think they are providing quality. While I own only two of them, I have visited their excellent shop in Milan and have tried the complete line, all of which are worth sampling. I would love to own their patchouly and vetiver fragrances.

I wouldn't trade the two that I own for a lot of other fragrances that have better longevity. I feel the same way about the Chanel Exclusifs. Great blends but a little on the weak side.

Yes, it would be great to have both quality and extreme longevity (longevity for these is adequate, really), but great smells trump great longevity any day.
    Perhaps I might agree with you if it was priced differently. At roughly $180 for 100ml I am not far from a bottle of Italian Cypress by Tom Ford. IC has excellent sillage and longevity . It is also on my short list. Mazzaroli could have won my business but they lose out. Not that anyone in milan cares

Post Thanks / Like

I advise trusting your own experience over what I and others have said here. Thoughts about longevity and sillage seem to vary so much. In the end, it's your experience that matters. And also remember that spraying more heavily can often compensate.

I assume that the $180 is a Luckyscent price. I think I paid about 90 Euros ($120) for mine, but that was a couple of years ago. $180 seems a bit on the high side, but there are a lot of niche frags out there that cost as much or more for only 50ml, so it's really not so bad.