Code of Conduct

Default TdH Alternatives?

Hey all, I'm wondering if there are any alternatives to Terre d'Hermes..
    I love the progression of this scent and longevity is great! (I usually have an extremely difficulty finding frags with good longevity on me.. Maybe the high altitude from Colorado effects it?)

Ive heard here and there that Lalique White is somewhat similar? Can someone chime in on this?

Thanks in advance!

Montale red vetiver. To me lalique white doesnt smell anything like tdh.

Sur la Plage

Default Re: TdH Alternatives?

Gianni Campagna is similar - but I prefer TdH.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 8th February 2011 at 08:09 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've seen a few people compare Declaration to TDH, but with a cumin note. With similar dry downs.

YMMV....

The scent grows richer, he knows he must be near
    He finds a long passageway lit by chandelier
    Each step he takes, the perfumes change
    From familiar fragrance to flavours strange
    A magnificent chamber meets his eye

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Moon View Post
    I've seen a few people compare Declaration to TDH, but with a cumin note. With similar dry downs.

YMMV....
    Declaration is not for me haha I had a bad experience with it

Oh well.. guess Ill just have to get tdh..just wondering if there were "doppelgangers" for it

Honestly, everything I think that's close to TdH is more expensive, yet not as good or as long lasting. Bigarade Concentree comes to my mind, declaration also (somewhat), but it's not as smooth. Though I think TdH is hands down the best in it's category.

Not sure what the purpose to this thread is? Something that smells like TdH, but isn't? I take it that you don't already have this one. I do know that there is an EDP version, which I haven't smelled. To be, the EDT version is no slouch in terms of smell, projection, or longevity. The price may be a small factor, but this is certainly an example of a fragrance being worth it's price.

Gianni Campagna indeed. Too bad it's twice as thin and twice as shrill and yet twice the price of TdH. One of the worst scents I've ever come across.

Red Vetyver is similar enough to satisfy a TdH-lover but different enough to be worth owning, too.

I've heard (can't confirm) that F pour Homme by Ferragamo has a TdH vibe.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by DazWah84 View Post
    Montale red vetiver.
    This.

How are you enjoying this wonderful 2 degree snow-mist today, ekim?

I own and prefer Declaration to Terre d'Hermes, but you've already said you don't like Declaration, so I would just get TdH. As others have said, everything that comes close is much more expensive and not much better.

Alternatively, you might try some other scents heavy on Iso-E Super, the chemical responsible for much of TdH's fizzy woody brightness. Not exactly dopplegangers, but they're cut from the same material (that flint note - benzoin? - will be lacking...if that's what you're after). Examples include Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand, Encre Noir, CdG Kyoto, Abercrombie Fierce, and many recent Hermes releases besides TdH.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Quote Originally Posted by LiveJazz View Post
    How are you enjoying this wonderful 2 degree snow-mist today, ekim?

I own and prefer Declaration to Terre d'Hermes, but you've already said you don't like Declaration, so I would just get TdH. As others have said, everything that comes close is much more expensive and not much better.

Alternatively, you might try some other scents heavy on Iso-E Super, the chemical responsible for much of TdH's fizzy woody brightness. Not exactly dopplegangers, but they're cut from the same material (that flint note - benzoin? - will be lacking...if that's what you're after). Examples include Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, Ormonde Jayne Isfarkand, Encre Noir, CdG Kyoto, Abercrombie Fierce, and many recent Hermes releases besides TdH.
    Hahah gotta love the constant snow. I put on TdH from a sample I got before walking to work (which sucked, I usually bike) wearing a sweater, hoodie, and peacoat..I could smell it through all those layers & the 2 degree weather and I was astounded!

Cool Re: TdH Alternatives?

Accept no Subsitutes.
    Last edited by Zerby; 8th February 2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Somebody's gotta say it.

If you like TdH EdT then try TdH EdP.

I suspect you will prefer the EdP.

Doncha just love TLAs?

Ulric de Varens Action

Some might say, that this is just a copy of TdH, but as the base is considerably softer, I see it rather as a mix betwen TdH and Hermes Eau Concentree Orange

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    I've heard (can't confirm) that F pour Homme by Ferragamo has a TdH vibe.
    F certainly has similarities, but I don't think it is nearly as good. If you want a softer sweeter TdH than F and F Black might be worth trying.

While the scents aren't nearly the same, Aventus reminds me of TdH a bit, the contrasts between the topnotes and base have a similar concept, IMO. Aventus is is sweeter on top and instead of flinty/earthy base it is musk/ambergris... I really like both a lot.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Lalique White has citrus (bergamot/lemon) white pepper and cedar in common with TdH (orange). TdH has lots of Iso E Super, and LW's cedar could (i am guessing here) be enhanced by it as well. They have similar structure and feel but do not smell too much alike. You may choose to have the two citrus aromatics in your wardrobe. LW has good longevity, though less than TdH.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Muscari Pour Homme by Melfleurs is similar and cheaper, but hard to find.

I find Guerlain homme L'eau to be a workable alternative (rather than a doppleganger).