Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Thursday, 31 March 2011

Good morning all,
    I'm a slow-thinker this morning, but I eventually decided I was in the mood for Musc Ravageur. Yep, quite a good match! This doesn't work for me in the cold, so time to dedust the bottle now...
    Cheers - Have a nice day!

Default Re: SotD Thursday, 31 March 2011

Hello

I has just sprayed CHLOE EDT from a sample...i have edp but this new lighter version of Chloe is sweeter,rosier and not as "dusty" powdery as the parfum .Don't think it will last ,too...i will wear something else later...

Wish you have a nice Thursday
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Institution

Happy new day everyone !

Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

good morning to those in Europe & Asia!

Ambre Fetiche

Habanita, mostly. I did dab a little from a sample - Giorno di Iris, something or other by a small Italian line, can't remember the name at the moment, and it doesn't seem to be in the directory - but the opening was frighteningly sweet and fruity, and I grabbed my trusty Habanita instead.

Basenotes Plus

Morning all !

My SotD is L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme.

Morning Ladies and Gents,

Chanel: Cuir de Russie

Whenever I smell this, its as if the scent molecules shoot straight up my nose and bind with my pleasure receptors. I actually have to stop myself wearing it too often for fear the magic will one day disappear.

Hello everyone. Wearing Noa today.

Hello all. Guerlain Monchoir de Monsieur.
    DONNA

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Hello all. Guerlain Monchoir de Monsieur.
    Hi Donna, What do you think of it (also compared to Jicky)?

Chanel Beige.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

I've dabbed on Brecourt Eau Libre today -- smells like a wakes-you-up sort of men's shower gel.

Neil Morris Midnight Tryst from a sample. Please note I am trying this even though it has rose listed in the notes! It's early on, so not sure if it will work out. It doesn't smell rosey at all so it's probably buried deep enough in everything else that it will be safe.

Cinnamon and Clove
    Narcissus Gardenia Magnolia Rose
    Amber Patchouli Benzoin Vanilla Musk Castoreum Civet

It's 7 here now so good morning to the Americas!

Basenotes Plus

SOTD: Bourbon French Parfums Marguerite. A mix of white and sharp green florals with a touch of dry woods, smells like an expensive, finely milled French soap. I like soap.

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Caron L'Anarchiste this AM
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Égoïste
    Cologne Concentrée

Versace Man (from a sample)

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Prada Infusion d'Homme.

Notes include Tunisian Neroli, Iris Pallida, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Incense and Benzoin.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

English Leather

Hello all Been to school today,but had to go home because I felt really dizzy all of a sudden. Hopefully I just need to sleep more than I did last night Sotd is L'heure bleue.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! Today I chose Calyx by Prescriptives which is from 1986, created by Sophia Grojsman.

Top notes: mandarin, peach, passion fruit, mango, papaya, guava, apricot, spearmint and bergamot
    Middle notes: freesia, rose, lily of the valley, jasmine and marigold
    Base notes: oak moss, raspberry, sandalwood and vetiver

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tdem1961 View Post
    SOTD: Bourbon French Parfums Marguerite. A mix of white and sharp green florals with a touch of dry woods, smells like an expensive, finely milled French soap. I like soap.
    I'm thinking I must have smelled Marguerite, but can't remember it. Making a note to check it out when, if wishes come true, we convene in New Orleans. You make it sound so appealing this morning, tdem.

Sitting by the light of the TV last night, I plucked samples from flathorn's generous gift bag and opened each to see if my nose still works. You know how it is if you don't do something for a while—play an instrument, speak another language, try to remember plant names—you don't know if you can get back to that place in your brain again. Vial by vial I was at least able to correctly identify each of 20 scents by category, to my great relief.

As they used to say on Monty Python … and now for something completely different: Heeley Sel Marin. It feels like an awakening to shake up the scent routine with this. Although SM contains notes I often favor, the seaweed and birch give this juice unique character. Lemon, Sicilian bergamot, sea salt, seaweed, vetiver, birch, cedar. I've only just applied, but I'm already starting to get development.

Go out and own the day, fine people!
    Last edited by Quarry; 31st March 2011 at 01:21 PM.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Wearing Armand Basi In Red. Notes are:

Top Notes
    Ginger, Mandarin, Bergamot, Cardamom

Middle Notes
    Rose, Lily, Violet Leaves, Jasmin

Base Notes
    Moss, Wood, Musk

I'm getting soapy from the start. Can someone enlighten me as to which note(s) my nose is probably reading as soap. It's overpowering everything else for me unless I sniff very deeply. In perfume I prefer dirt (Christopher Brosius fangirl here) to soap.

Ferre Gianfranco Ferre again today. I don't often like my iris this fruity, but these are nicely done.

sampling Silver Factory today, and it's a big departure from all the florals I seem to have been wearing lately. Not quite sure what I think. So far it feels overly masculine on me, and I like me some masculine fragrances, so that's saying something. I know women wear it and don't find it so, which makes me wonder if it's playing with my chemistry or I've just been way overboard on the florals lately ;P

Annick Goutal - Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Morning Ladies and Gents,

Chanel: Cuir de Russie

Whenever I smell this, its as if the scent molecules shoot straight up my nose and bind with my pleasure receptors. I actually have to stop myself wearing it too often for fear the magic will one day disappear.
    gandhajala - I feel the same way about CdR and my pleasure receptors. I couldn't have expressed it any better!! I don't think the magic will disappear however...CdR is just too damn good!

Enjoy
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Good morning All!

I've left the house of Chanel (just for today!) and I'm wearing a long cherished fragrance, Hermes Eau des Merveilles. Oranges, pine needles, and sand...mmmmmmm.

Enjoy the day!
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Patchouli Leaves by Montale

Hello everyone -

I'm in Cartier's So Pretty this morning.

Y'all have a great day!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Hi All, It's been awhile since I've posted, hope everyone is doing well. Last week I've rediscovered a fragrance I put back on the shelf, Its one of those scents that you decided you just did'nt care for but threw caution to the wind and decided to try it one more time. I'm so glad I did, chalk it up to spring fever, or just anxious for warmer weather. Its definitely a warm weather scent and one I've reached for 3-4 times. My SOTD is L'occitane's 'EN PROVENCE CALANQUE' it's a mixture of citrus and aquatic notes, with a drydown of pine and cedar, longeivity is fair and lingers close to the skin. It's really quite lovely, reminds me of the Armani's 'AQUA DI GIOIA'.

I'm wearing Hermessence Rose Ikebana from a sample I got and am planning to send off to swap/test with some BN ladies. I just wanted to test it fully before it goes away. I

Wearing Shaal Nur today. Checked out scents for synchronization tomorrow, I only have Cachet. My grandma gave it to when I was a teen and still have some of it left.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back Klaire !

Staying with Guerlain this evening - Heritage.

SOTE : A La Nuit SL
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

La Cologne
    FLEUR du MALE

Quote Originally Posted by JON RODGERS View Post
    Welcome back Klaire !

Staying with Guerlain this evening - Heritage.
    I love Heritage. Originally purchased it for my ex husband back in 1992 or 1994, but I've used it ever since.

I'm wearing Bal a Versailles Genesis EDT formulation with body lotion.

But received vintage EDC ( with nice pic on) today, so one hand has that on ( the BaV I love and remember) and the other has the EDC (white bottle with gold writing). The vintage is sweeter and more long lasting.

Basenotes Institution

Jeux de Peau by Serge Lutens (from a sample)

I love this. But here's the thing: it's warm here and sitting here drinking my coffee at my desk I always get a little sweaty. And I'm not sure this is very comfortable for me, in the upcoming warmer weather. I love the central 'french toast' accord and as it sits on my skin it becomes even more dazzling and scrumptious. But, to be fair, it is not playing well with my sweat.

So, I'm going to have to shelve it and revisit getting more in the fall/winter.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Parfums de Nicolai Le Temps D'Une Fete. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it ...this stuff is perfection.

Have a great day, all!

I'm sampling Robert Piguet Visa today.

A million thanks to all those in the "Dark Florals" thread who recommended it -- because I have fallen irretrievably, head over heels in love. It satisfies my yearning for a dark floral 'fume but it's also got all those fabulous spicy, leathery, vanillic notes that are completely up my fragrance alley. And the rose must be very well-blended because I can't detect it at all -- thank goodness!

In fact, I'm skipping my let's-see-how-prolonged-acquaintance-REALLY-works decant phase and buying a FB of it today.

It's THAT good.

Guerlain's Tonka Impériale. When you wish you had a library complete with chesterfield, cigars and old books.

Chanel Coromandel from a sample.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing SL Boxeuses today. I just got back from getting my hair cut. I'm not sure what I will do with the rest of my day, I have a long list of "should do's" but doubt if I will tackle any of those.

Breaking the Chanel streak with Bvlgari Eau Parfumeé Eau Thé Vert. I think I need a bottle of this!

Prada Infusion d'Iris EDP

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Wearing Fracas today. Still can't breathe, cold + allergies??

Basenotes Plus

I was wearing Fleurissimo, from a sample, both last night & earlier today. It's just not "me". Ok but I would not buy a bottle of it myself.

SOTE is one of my favorites (& the scent my daughter loves on me), Robert Piguet's VISA in the parfum. So glad you like it too, Extreme!

My daughter had the echocardiogram yesterday. Everything looks good, so it's not a heart issue causing the migraines. That was excellent news.

Update: Realtor's Open House is tomorrow. Here's a link to my house, so you all can take a peek. This is NOT mean't to be a solicitation of any kind and I will remove it if anyone objects. http://www.coldwellbankermoves.com/P...RegularPS=True
    Last edited by RHM; 31st March 2011 at 09:27 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday, 31 March 2011

ACQUA DI PARMA ASSOLUTA IN VILLA
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello Beautifully Scented People

What a day, had to drop off some paper work to my old office which I haven't been to in about 4 years....same people mostly still working there but on the door a HUGE notice stating this was a "NON SCENT AREA,NO SCENTS OF ANY KIND,NOTHING SCENTED ALLOWED PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING ANYTHING WITH A SCENT"

I couldn't believe my eyes and there I was quite resplendent in my Jasmin Noir (if I do say so myself) so thinking its only for a few minutes no harm,right....WRONG!!! I was accosted by a bully of a woman who was the scent watchdog and told to go and wash my self of this horrible smell and not expose her to "ALL MY POISONS"..UURRRGGGGHHHH I refused and told her it'll only be a minute or so she needn't worry about my poison, she can avoid it by simply not breathing until I left. But you know what really p****d me off was not the rudeness but the lack of basic personal hygiene .......I mean BASIC personal hygiene........ the woman left a trail of smelly a** behind her UUGGHHH, still so angry

Hope everyone has a good evening and sorry for spouting off but still fuming
    Last edited by shoegal68; 31st March 2011 at 10:53 PM.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Basenotes Plus

Hope you feel better soon iechris!

RHM, I'm so glad to hear you got good news with your daughters test results! Also, you have a beautiful home, I'm sure someone will snap it up at the showing tomorrow.

(((Shoegal))) sorry about your encounter with the watchdog bully, anyone who conducts themselves like she did has no class whatsoever!!

Wearing White Linen by Estee Lauder for the evening.

Good news, RHM!

shoegal, sooooo happy for that you don't work there anymore! And oh my, what a bitter, unhappy woman that "watchdog" must be. The city workers in Portland are under the same rules; no fume, no air freshener, scented candles, etc. It's just another example of us being told that the "Yes" people are prevailing but the "yes" peeps are more "no" than the "no" peeps. You know? And anyways, you don't work there, and obviously she breathes around fragrance just fine, so maybe she needs a lesson in kindness. And one more thing-- you do smell fabulous. HUGS.

Today is absolutely gorgeous. It's our first tee shirt/no jacket day. I wanted to see how Eau Premiere holds up on exposed skin, rather than under long sleeves. It is quieter, but it is creamier and not quite as citrussy-sharp. Under clothes, the lemon up top lasts throughout the day but here it melds and fades in the open air.

Back to work! Good day, everyone.

Basenotes Plus

Shoegal, I think that's awful! It's okay to stink of nasty? It is so true that after a while, people just can't smell themselves. It's indeed a wonderful thing that you don't work there any longer.

Sofie is at a school dance tonight. The St Patricks Day dance had to be cancelled due to snow. AND...we're supposed to have a nasty mix of it again but not until later tonight. She'll be home by then.

Thank you all for your remarks about the house. We sure have been happy here.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Me again - is someone procrastinating here?

RHM - Thanks for sharing the update (good news) about your daughter. Will continue thinking good thoughts for more forward progress! BTW, I think your house is absolutely charming. Love the stairs, love the fireplace - it just looks like a welcoming, happy home.

Shoegal - I'm sorry that your day was blighted by that _____. I agree with Sunnyfunny - you are so fortunate not to work with that cow!

Hm. In a couple of weeks, I'll have a few hours to shop in Union Square in San Francisco. I'm excited! It's been years since I've been to SF, so this might be quite the adventure. Suggestions and advice welcome!

Mandragore.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Terre d'Hermes EdP

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    sampling Silver Factory today, and it's a big departure from all the florals I seem to have been wearing lately. Not quite sure what I think. So far it feels overly masculine on me, and I like me some masculine fragrances, so that's saying something. I know women wear it and don't find it so, which makes me wonder if it's playing with my chemistry or I've just been way overboard on the florals lately ;P
    Silver Factory was one of the first high end scents I fell head over heals in love with. I find it to be very unisex.

This evening I'm in Roma by Laura Biagiotti.
    Last edited by bogsc; 1st April 2011 at 01:44 AM.

Shoegal...sorry that you once had to work with idiots! L'Artisan Vanilia for me today. The weather is lousy (snow, sleet) and Vanilia makes me think of pleasant things like ice cream & the beach.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

RHM-- I'm glad to hear the good news about your daughter and that no invasive tests were necessary.
    I enjoyed the tour of your home! I didn't see square footage anywhere on the listing; do agents not state that nowadays? (Or am I blind as a bat? )

shoegal, how appalling! Wouldn't you think her coworkers would object to her lack of hygiene?!

[shoegal, how appalling! Wouldn't you think her coworkers would object to her lack of hygiene?![/QUOTE]

you'd think, eh!! but their all too afraid of upsetting her, it's not even thats she's allergic, I asked her, she just doesn't like scents.

Feeling better thanks to all of you (((hugs))) to all of you, also my kids made me watch Anger Management with them so that helped too.
    Good night one and all.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Basenotes Plus

Finally going to sleep.

After my shower, I had to put on some MPG Bois des Iles. It and Bois Farine (in small amounts) are bedtime comfort scents for me.

Peaceful dreams, sweetlings! MWAH!