Code of Conduct
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default L'Artisan Fou d' Absinthe vs. Amouage Memior Man vs. Serge Lutens Douce Amere

I have sampled the first two and plan to sample the 3rd shorty. Would you agree the three are comparable? Which do you prefer and why?

Also, what is your preferred season/occassion to wear them (if you have one)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: L'Artisan Fou d' Absinthe vs. Amouage Memior Man vs. Serge Lutens Douce Amere

I'm also after an absinthe scent, so would be interested for the verdict here. Have only tried Memoir, not overly impressed. Have now found a source of Fou dA though would have to buy blind.

Have you considered Nasomatto's Absinthe? Beautiful but not sure on value for money.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: L'Artisan Fou d' Absinthe vs. Amouage Memior Man vs. Serge Lutens Douce Amere

Thanks for the suggestion! That is sort of my feeling about Memoir Man - I think I'm favoring it a tad bit better than FdA, but it's considerably more expensive.

Post Thanks / Like

I have both Fou d' Absinthe and Memoir Man (10 ml each), and I don't find them either comparable or similar. They are quite different. The only common thing in Memoir Man with FdA is the initial subtle note of absinthe in Memoir. But this note is far from being prominent, and as Memoir progresses futher to the base notes, the scent's vibe becomes sort of "dark chocolote mixed with leather" for me, but not absinthe.
    Having said that, I find both scents very good, enjoyable and original. Both of them are perfect for office environment, quite masculine. FdA is louder while M is softer and closer to the skin. This is my observation, though. Tastes differ

L'Artisan Fou d' Absinthe - Any Season

Post Thanks / Like

Fou d'Absinthe by a wide margin.

Memoir Man is fantastic and head and shoulders above the other two.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Post Thanks / Like

They're all different to me. Would be nice to have all of them in a wardrobe. I would get first Douce Amere just because it's getting harder to find this one. Then Memoir Man. Then Fou d'Absinthe would be the last, coz for me it's the least interesting amongst the 3.
    Last edited by volley2; 17th February 2011 at 12:45 AM.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

Of the 3 listed, I enjoy wearing Memoir Man the most. It has the greater depth, wears elegantly & simply smells awesome on me! I find it FBW whereas the other 2 are decant-worthy at most. But that's just my 2 cents of course.

Post Thanks / Like

I am only familiar with FdA and Memoir Man. In fact, I am wearing Memoir Man today for the first time. After my initial testing of Memoir Man, I must state that, at this moment, I prefer FdA. However, I do not think it would be duplicative to own both.

If Douce Amere is similar to these fragrances, I would love to get a sample. Does anyone know where samples could be obtained?
    My Top Fragrances:
    Hermes: Terre d"Hermes
    Dior: Homme
    Yves Saint Laurent: La Nuit de L'homme
    Burberry: London
    Gucci: Pour Homme
    Rochas: Man
    Azzaro: Pour Homme

Wanted:
    L'Artisan: Fou d'Absinthe; Cristiano Fissore: Cashmere for Men; Parfums d'Nicolai: New York; Divine: L'homme Sage; Montale: Black Aoud; Tauer: L'air du desert Marocain.