Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Fragrance: Baldessarini Private Affairs

From fragrantica.com:

Private Affairs is led by the brand’s slogan as it "separates the men from the boys,” aiming at successful, elegant and serious men. Its composition is inspired by the smell of an expensive sports cars’ leather seats. It opens with refreshing bergamot that leads to the extravagant leather heart note. The sensual and gentle woody base wraps the whole composition, adding notes of cedar and sandalwood.

The bottle’s design is classical and simple. It follows the Strictly Private’ shape, but it highlights black and silver shades instead of gold. Baldessarini Private Affairs is available as a 50 and a 90 ml Eau de Toilette with additional body care collection that includes a 90 ml after shave lotion, a 150 ml shower gel and a 75 ml deodorant.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: New Fragrance: Baldessarini Private Affairs

Too bad they really haven't let the creative juices meet up with the packaging and imagery. The 'Strictly Private' was fairly forgettable and quickly ended up at a friend's house and from there it went to a tag sale.

Perhaps their new phrase should be:
    "What separates the tepid from the vapid".
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by graffham View Post
    Too bad they really haven't let the creative juices meet up with the packaging and imagery. The 'Strictly Private' was fairly forgettable and quickly ended up at a friend's house and from there it went to a tag sale.

Perhaps their new phrase should be:
    "What separates the tepid from the vapid".
    LOL

I never saw Strictly Private in any stores. Maybe it will end up in Marshalls/TJ Maxx someday.....
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What's up with this "private"???

The last one was generic, Citrus over leather over wood doesnt wow me either, they wont do the leather distinctively enough to make it original.
    Big whoop.
    Will check it out once it hit's the stores, though.
    Smellin good

Post Thanks / Like

Private Affairs carries on the "floral for men" style of Strictly Private. The fragrance starts fruity, but soon becomes powdery - the powderness is formed not by the vanilla, but by leathery base. Definitely, this one is the most leathery scent I've ever heard, the mood of leather seats in the car or of the new leather coat here really exists. And I like that this effect is reached without so popular now notes of iris, tonka beans, or other sweet notes. Just leather, some woods, a bit of citruses.

The one problem is that Private Affairs seems to be watery. I wish it were more intense. The sillage is poor, the juicy stays close to skin and is hardly detectable, but at the same time it is extremly comfortable to wear it. The longevity is good.

The scent isn't very original, but at the same time it doesn't remind of anything else. Good work.

P. S. The woman who smelled it says that it is one of the most expensive scent she has ever heard. Mmm
    Watch my recent video reviews of
    Prada Luna Rossa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dv7TAmfrA
    Dior Homme Cologne 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvutqcq00y4

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    LOL

I never saw Strictly Private in any stores. Maybe it will end up in Marshalls/TJ Maxx someday.....
    Aw, you beat me to it!

I love TJ Maxx/Marshalls for the fact that I was able to get Baldessarini and Ambre there super cheap. I hope to find these others there too. Baldessarini (the original) is fantastic stuff. Seemed unimpressive at first, but is an incredibly magnetic, balanced composition on the skin. Much more than just some upscale Hugo Boss juice; The subtleties are everything.

The name "Private Affairs" does sound kind of funny. I hope they looked to make sure Creed wasn't squatting the trademark to a name like that!
    "He is a very shallow critic who cannot see an eternal rebel in the heart of a conservative."-- G.K. Chesterton

Sur la Plage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy View Post
    Aw, you beat me to it!

I love TJ Maxx/Marshalls for the fact that I was able to get Baldessarini and Ambre there super cheap. I hope to find these others there too. Baldessarini (the original) is fantastic stuff. Seemed unimpressive at first, but is an incredibly magnetic, balanced composition on the skin. Much more than just some upscale Hugo Boss juice; The subtleties are everything.

The name "Private Affairs" does sound kind of funny. I hope they looked to make sure Creed wasn't squatting the trademark to a name like that!
    I really like Baldessarini Concentree, which I don't think I ever see anymore - although I haven't really looked hard for it.

Post Thanks / Like

The ad:

Charles Schumann is back! Now on the car.
    Watch my recent video reviews of
    Prada Luna Rossa - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_dv7TAmfrA
    Dior Homme Cologne 2013 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvutqcq00y4