Code of Conduct

Exclamation Angel Men Health Concerns

Here's a pdf of a petition to the FDA to examine the potential health risks of Angel Men due to its chemical contents:

http://www.national-toxic-encephalop...n.org/MENS.pdf

Default Re: Angel Men Health Concerns

Not biting.
    And why would Angel Men be singled out?
    I smell marshmallows!

lol.......I knew Angel Men was a hazardous toxic chemical weapon. I just hope they remove it from the domain of the public and give it to the army and classify it the same as mustard gas.lol

Of all things.

Blog Entries

well what the fudge.

The same group has also targeted Angel for women and various other Clarins products in the past. Move on - nothing to see here.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I know that A*men is hated by many but this is just going way too far.
    I think there are more important and hazardous things they should worry about.

a 4 year old unsigned pdf that talks about ingredients in about 90% of perfumes out there lol, not too worried about that going anywhere fast.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

I love A*men. I walked into the bathroom earlier and could tell what fragrance my brother sprayed on himself before he went to work hours before... you guessed it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    lol.......I knew Angel Men was a hazardous toxic chemical weapon. I just hope they remove it from the domain of the public and give it to the army and classify it the same as mustard gas.lol
    Lol.........death by chocolate !
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

How ridiculous.

I will put my name to that. Thank god someone has a sense to write the truth.

Seriously, the same arguement the document makes for specific chemicals cited can be made for many, many fragrances. Somebody has way too much time on their hands. The levels present in fragrance along with the amount of applied makes this a non issue for the majority of people.
    Last edited by Fletch31; 18th February 2011 at 12:44 AM.

oh my godd!! angel smellsss sooooo gooood must put on moar! MUST PUT ON MOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaCloud View Post
    Not biting.
    And why would Angel Men be singled out?
    Do they know how many fragrances have coumarin, for instance? If they go after only Angel Men, they must do the same with all the umpteen scents out there and ready to be launched. Impossible.

Sounds like someone with an agenda.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I cannot put Angel Men or any of the flankers on my skin or I get a mean rash within a few hours. It really sucks, but this occurrence is not limited to just these few Thierry Mugler products. My love of fragrances is tested every time I think about all the toxic ingredients (many that do not even have to be disclosed on labels & can simply be hidden in the word "fragrance") and how even though they may not do any noticeable harm to me now other than a rash, they very well could contribute to health problems in the future. I'd like to think of a skin breakout as a warning letting me know this product is harmful to my body. If you don't subscribe to this line of reasoning then that's fine. However, one thing is for certain- putting various chemical concoctions on your skin everyday and inhaling these fragrances over and over is not doing any good for your body. And yes, I realize there are a lot of things that aren't good for the body that we are exposed to everyday. But putting something like that directly on your skin by choice is different.

It has been super hot in my office this past week, but I may have to wear A*Men tomorrow in honor of this petition.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanT View Post
    I cannot put Angel Men or any of the flankers on my skin or I get a mean rash within a few hours. It really sucks, but this occurrence is not limited to just these few Thierry Mugler products. My love of fragrances is tested every time I think about all the toxic ingredients (many that do not even have to be disclosed on labels & can simply be hidden in the word "fragrance") and how even though they may not do any noticeable harm to me now other than a rash, they very well could contribute to health problems in the future. I'd like to think of a skin breakout as a warning letting me know this product is harmful to my body. If you don't subscribe to this line of reasoning then that's fine. However, one thing is for certain- putting various chemical concoctions on your skin everyday and inhaling these fragrances over and over is not doing any good for your body. And yes, I realize there are a lot of things that aren't good for the body that we are exposed to everyday. But putting something like that directly on your skin by choice is different.
    I hear you bro and it would kill me not to be able to enjoy partaking of fragrance because of my body's reaction, but I will state the obvious that your sensitivity/allergy/overactive immune system is not the common response or indicative of the degree of harm that these ingredients possess. Peanuts arent "bad" for you yet they can cause life threatening reactions in some few people in small amounts. Fragrance allergy is the same thing though likely with less severe results. Many ingredients that are labeled carcinogens are so in high doses. At the scale they are used in fragrance with the majority of composition being alcohol and the small volume applied to the skin, the cost/benefit ratio swings far into the "you smell nice with no harm" category for most people. I'm all for responsible manufacture and such but the line of thinking contained in this petition is bonkers. I'm glad to hear its not active.

These nut-jobs would have us label our shit after it comes out in case someone accidentally smells it. "May contain peanuts." But seriously, I believe labeling changes have come into effect in Canada and the U.S. (at least) with a requirements that many of the ingredients mentioned in this petition be listed individually on products containing them, instead of just the former cover-all "fragrance". It seems to be the new labeling standard regarding Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, d-Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citral, among others found in many many fragrances. At least one of those listed, denatured alcohol, is in every perfume on the shelves, and most other drugstore products as well. I imagine there's one of these briefs for every perfume on the market. Different countries have different labeling standards, which is a nightmare for importers.

Let's hope Pure Havane does not share the similar issues

Quote Originally Posted by thepunjabi View Post
    oh my godd!! angel smellsss sooooo gooood must put on moar! MUST PUT ON MOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRR

Yep, the moar the betta!

Im pleased to see that radical action is being taken , I used A*Men once a week later I became a haemaphrodite had sex with myself resulting in a hideous mutant child . Im currently in legal discussions with Thierry Mugler .... I'll keep you posted kids

Ridiculous! I don't like this frag, however I do respect its history and boldness, now to come up with " allegedly" fables that is hazardous blá, blá 'blá
    Please give us a break and stop castrating our Frags!

Wow...well, though I despise A*Men thoroughly I would have to say that this is ludicrous. I mean come on, health concerns? Take your petition and shove it.

Sounds like someone with an agenda for sure.....I love Angel Men and will continue to purchase.....Someone has way too much time on their hands!!! Sorry about those who can't wear this.....
    Gary

Who cares , pure BS