Code of Conduct

Default Fragrance that smells of burnt/smokey/dark/incensey orange. Suggestions please :) +++

It hit me to include such perfume in my next sample purchase. I want it smokey, incensey, dark orange all the way to the dry down. Help me please. Thanks

Default Re: Fragrance that smells of burnt/smokey/dark/incensey orange. Suggestions please :) +++

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Ouarzazate?
    Eau d'Italie: Baume au Doge
    Czech & Speake: Frankincense & Myrrh

a directory search for orange and incense
    http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi...nge%2C+incense
    NEW SPLIT - Tom Ford Lavender Palm 50ml in Atomizer - DISCONTINUED!. .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Default Re: Fragrance that smells of burnt/smokey/dark/incensey orange. Suggestions please :) +++

Orange Star

For "hardcore" smokey stuff:
    Lonestar memories (Tauer)
    Patchouli 24 (Le (Labo)
    These are however uncompromising, almost chemical fires with little orange.

For smoother stuff, in addition to the previous suggestions, you can also try
    Timbuktu or Dzongka (Artisan Parfumeur)
    Jubilation XXV (Amouage), which is wonderful for incense, but has no smoke.

cacio

Blog Entries

Hermes Elixir des Merveilles. It's sort of an upside down fragrance because I get the woods and incense first, then the orange kicks in strong after about 15 minutes (citrus is usually a top note). Big orange, notable incense, and the orange lasts and lasts. Probably exactly what you're looking for!
    Eddie: Sweetie, what are you drinking?
    Patsy: Oh, this? Chanel No. 5.
    -- Absolutely Fabulous

Another vote for Orange Star - it has both orange and incense in abudance and somehow manages to be both bright and dark.

Well, I don't even smell oranges in orange star just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    Well, I don't even smell oranges in orange star just so you know.
    Well, that's me told.

Messe de Minuit is an orangey incense if I recall.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Heartwood View Post
    Hermes Elixir des Merveilles. It's sort of an upside down fragrance because I get the woods and incense first, then the orange kicks in strong after about 15 minutes (citrus is usually a top note). Big orange, notable incense, and the orange lasts and lasts. Probably exactly what you're looking for!
    Yup, this one.

Rock Crystal by Olivier Durbano (but not so orangey)
    Olibanum by Profumum (but not so dark)

While Baume du Doge does indeed have orange and incense, it's very sweet all the way through and unfortunately not dark or smoky at all. I wish it was, because I too am looking for a 'dark orange' scent as such.

I don't know of a good dark smoky orange incense. The closest I've found is with lemon in Memoir Man. Dark, smoky, lemony frankincense and woods.

Another thought: it's not really all that dark or smoky, but it is an incensey orange - L'Anarchiste by Caron.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

I hope you will try Mona di Orio-Nuit Noir. It has an orange liqueur & dark leather combination I think would be perfect for your craving.

Anne Pliska has the burnt orange you require - no incense though.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Hillaire

Maitre has a pomander smell called Secret Melange.

I don't see my fave here... Narcisse Noir. It opens with african orange flower, has orange in the midphase, and dries down to a luscious sandalwood/vetiver finish. Vintage is best. Parfum only, no EDP or EDT. If you sample have a kleenex handy; you'll want to cry at how beautiful it is.
    Passionate supporter of parrot welfare www.thegabrielfoundation.org

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BayKAT View Post
    I don't see my fave here... Narcisse Noir. It opens with african orange flower, has orange in the midphase, and dries down to a luscious sandalwood/vetiver finish. Vintage is best. Parfum only, no EDP or EDT. If you sample have a kleenex handy; you'll want to cry at how beautiful it is.
    I concur with bells on, girl!

Baykat and Kumqat:

I'm hijacking the conversation here. Never smelled it, old or reformulated. LT give thumbs way down to the reformulated version, while exalting the old. But from your posts it seems the new is still worth smelling, if not bottle worthy. What's your opinion?

cacio

Blog Entries

My enthusiasm, like Baykat's, is for the original old formula. I was fortunate to find a bottle and it has an amazing incense with mild & mellow civit although it is really more about the orange blossom than orange fruit, IMO, it is still gloriously dark & moody. I have never had the most recent version. I would like to try the parfum though. I don't think I'd mess around with the EDT to start.

Here are a few more than do have both oranges (sometimes bitter orange) and incense among other notes, most fall under the floral-oriental category:

Lauder's Cinnabar
    Caron's Pour une Femme
    Daphne Guiness' Daphne

others that have a dark aura mostly on the basenotes but are of some quality:

Michael Kors' Michael Kors EDT
    Tolu by Ormonde Jayne

this last one is a wonderfuly dark ambery orange flower and incense scent.

cheers and have fun

+1 Baume du Doge
    Mandarine mandarin
    Serge noire

Etro Shaal Nur, IPdF Spezie de Medici (maybe a bit more spicey than incensey)