Code of Conduct

Default luciano pavarotti edt

Yesterday I bought Luciano Pavarotti edt blind at a small but interesting store in Philadelphia (I bought Feu d'Issey as well), because of an offhand comment by Luca Turin (who otherwise did not describe the fragrance) and because of the low price ($40 for 125ml).

It's a barbershop clean musk with pine, a touch of lavender, herbs, even sweet mint. It has something of pino silvestre, but goes more towards an aftershave/barbershop direction. Nothing out of the ordinary, not too strong and not too persistent, but pleasant and relaxed. What cheap masculines should be, had they not been flooded by metallic citruses and potent woody ambers. In fact, I was wearing it at the gym and its low sillage makes it quite good for the purpose.

I'm curious to hear if anybody has any comment on the fragrance.

cacio

AromiErotici

Default Re: luciano pavarotti edt

I'm wondering what store in Philly you purchased it at?

I forgot the name, it's a cheap looking little store in a mall around 10th street and market (near the burlington coat factory). You cannot smell stuff and so you're always wondering what they're selling. Kind of random inventory, but they had some interesting stuff. Apart from Le Feu d'Issey (which I had been looking for a while), and a Feu d'Issey fresh (? any ideas?) they also had a mysterious Chanel pour homme (which vintage? oakmossy?) which I didn't buy but should have (to do on my next trip there). Plus some of these cheap European stuff (like the Pavarotti). Many interesting minis too, though a little expensive.

cacio

double post

AromiErotici

Thanks bro. I'll be in Philly in April to see family, so I'll have to check it out.

The only other interesting store I saw downtown was a used perfume store in South Street (got Apres l'ondee edt). But I'm not from Philly, the locals will know better.

cacio

AromiErotici

I appreciate the info. I get to travel back to see my family once every 2 years or so. For once, I would like to stop at a few frag shops and check out what they have. It's always a hectic visit, but this time I would like to spend an afternoon perusing downtown.

Thanks again bro. I'll be sure to get down to South Street and 10th and Market.