Code of Conduct
    In the zoo where I belong playing with my own feces

Default If I like Allure but hate Allure Edition Bleh, would I like Allure Sport?

Which one does it resemble more? Projection? Longevity?

╔════════════╗
    Monkey's Trade List║ ◄ lck t ☼─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─~─♂
    ╚════════════╝

Default Re: If I like Allure but hate Allure Edition Bleh, would I like Allure Sport?

They smell totally different from each other. Personally, I think Allure Homme Sport smells much better.

Default Re: If I like Allure but hate Allure Edition Bleh, would I like Allure Sport?

very similar to Edition Blanche....just sportier.

use the search engine

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    use the search engine
    the irony

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    the irony
    lol no kidding

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by Ekove View Post
    very similar to Edition Blanche....just sportier.
    hhhmmmm, I find Blanche too sharp. Gave it one last shot tonight but I give up on it. Maybe I'll just stick to the original.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

more ironic that your making a thread asking a question that can easily be answered via the search engine, or me asking you to use the search engine, which would never happen if everyone could just not be anal and get along

The only way to know for sure is to give it a try.

more ironic that your making a thread asking a question that can easily be answered via the search engine, or me asking you to use the search engine, which would never happen if everyone could just not be anal and get along
    You seem bitter tonight Jonny, everything ok? Something you wanna talk about? If you need a shoulder to cry on I'm here for you bro.

PS- It's "you're"

Stay in school

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    The only way to know for sure is to give it a try.
    I figured if it's anything close to Edition Blanche I wouldn't even waste the trip to Sephora.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

It's Jonnys' time of the month, give him a break guys.

anyway Puddle, your best shot is to just try it. To me, it's slightly fruitier, less lemony, and lighter, now if you don't like the category of edition blanche all together....well, you won't like sport for sure. But yeah some argue they don't smell similar, personally my nose doesn't detect any major differences, but I'm not an expert on sport fragrances.
    Last edited by Ekove; 21st February 2011 at 04:14 AM.

Totally different...Blanche smells just like lemon, and lemon is all you get...the sport version smells different... just don't get the Allure Sports Cologne because it smells just like orange.... there are like 2 version of the sports...get the one in the silver bottle and not the see through bottle...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Oh, I like Allure Sport Cologne more than the EDT version.....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Totally different...Blanche smells just like lemon, and lemon is all you get...the sport version smells different... just don't get the Allure Sports Cologne because it smells just like orange.... there are like 2 version of the sports...get the one in the silver bottle and not the see through bottle...
    The sharp lemon is what annoys me about Blanche. I can handle orange much better. Ok, I'm gonna look into this after all, and avoid the clear bottle.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

I'm out of thanks for the day, I'll try to get some of you tomorrow.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝

RE: Allure Sport: The clear bottle is the Cologne version I believe, whilst the silver bottle is the EDT.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

I'm not a fan of Edition Blanche (I don't like the lemon note), but I like the original Allure and Sport EDT.

"Bleh" and Sport smell really similar and Sport smells like a very generic lemon-heavy fragrance.
    If you like the theme of them then try Bleu de Channel, kinda similar too but I smells more melon instead of lemon

Edition Blanch is a very unpleasant scent (too heavy and cloying) while Allure sport is a real masterpiece.

Platinum < Blanche = Sport = Bleu < Allure < Antaeus < Egoiste

YES

Blanche < Allure Sport

Quote Originally Posted by d4N13L View Post
    Platinum < Blanche = Sport = Bleu < Allure < Antaeus < Egoiste
    Adjust for reformulations and you'll see different results.

To me, EB and AHS smell similar in the background (mid/base). If you have a sample of EB or it is readily available, take a whiff after 20 minutes. IF you can get past the tart lemon, the stuff you smell in the background is very much like the background of AHS. The major difference up top is that the AHS top notes are a sweeter citrus and more of a creamy vibe, where EB has a little of that creaminess but is dominated by that tart lemon.

I prefer AHS to EB. For summer lemons, I MUCH prefer Dior Homme Sport, and am buying that this weekend.
    The Lyor Cohen of Dior Homme, that's Dior Homme, not Dior homey

I like the original Allure and Allure Homme Sport. Not a fan of Edition Blanche - There's this powdery note that just dominates everything on my skin.
    Current Favorites - Creed Green Irish Tweed, Costume National Homme, Hanae Mori HiM EDP, Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Freeze View Post
    I like the original Allure and Allure Homme Sport. Not a fan of Edition Blanche - There's this powdery note that just dominates everything on my skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewHaarlem View Post
    I'm not a fan of Edition Blanche (I don't like the lemon note), but I like the original Allure and Sport EDT.
    I'm the opposite of Freeze and New Haarlem. I Love Blanche but hate the other two.

So to answer your question Puddle. If you like Allure but hate Blanche, you're more likely to like sport than not like it. I don't think it would be a wasted trip for you.

I prefer Edition Blanche myself. The sport flanker is not something I enjoy at all, and the original Allure is my second choice to EB.

Quote Originally Posted by Asteroid View Post
    Edition Blanch is a very unpleasant scent (too heavy and cloying) while Allure sport is a real masterpiece.
    Nailed it!

Update: I got the silver bottle EDT Sport, it has moved into my top 5 and I probably wear it more than anything else right now. The Bleh Edition still reeks of lemon Pledge.

╔════════════╗
    ╚════════════╝