Code of Conduct

Thread: Gourmet Goumand

Default Gourmet Goumand

I like Pure Malt, KC Black, Mark Birley and Burberry Sport. I'd like to explore the gourmand scents for my next purchase. Any help out there? Thanks.
    any suggestions for a woodsy, outdoors, pine, earthy, masculine fragrance....don't say Aspen.

Default Re: Gourmet Goumand

Rochas Man

None of these fragrances are very gourmand. But yeah, try Dior Homme Intense, Hypnotic Poison, Body Kouros, Burberry Brit, Tobacco Vanille....And look around the forums, Gourmands are very popular and you've gotta be more specific there are hundreds of good ones.

hey man,

id recommend Le Male and La Nuit

Here's a cheapie but goodie: Molinard Vanille Fruitee

Laurence Dumont's whole Les Senteurs Gourmandes range are really nice. the Vanille Bourbon one is Mmmm.

The ones I like most that I think of as gourmand are Trussardi Inside Man and Jacomo for Men ("Silver"), though they both have clear, non-gourmand notes. Tobacco Vanille doesn't impress me as a gourmand, perhaps because anything with strong tobacco has that effect on me. I'd also suggest Jacomo Rouge, if you want to keep the price down, though it's not totally gourmand either.

L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme

My current favorite.

New Haarlem by Bond

Dolcelisir by L'Erbolario

Expensive: Guerlain Tonka Imperiale

Cheap: Kenzo Jungle Homme

If you want to try a VERY affordable one that most people (especially girls/women) like Try Michael Jordan Legend, add a little under layer dash of anything chocolaty (I use Axe Dark Temptation, oh yes I DO) and it becomes even better

Endymion by Penhaligons is yet another more or less underrated gem- a complex, yet balanced association of cocoa/chocolate, mocha, even milky/creamy and sage notes, all in one fragrance.

Serge Lutens Un bois Vanille
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I'm guessing OP has found something by now or moved on lol...3 years later.

What's up with all the zombie threads from years ago...especially ones like these? There's no reason to resurrect something so overplayed here.

Basenotes Plus

Totally agree, rynegne - the vast majority of them are somewhat out of date now due to product alterations & new releases.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I'm guessing OP has found something by now or moved on lol...3 years later.

What's up with all the zombie threads from years ago...especially ones like these? There's no reason to resurrect something so overplayed here.
    It's probably new members using the search function and not thinking to check the date of the original threads (causing the resurrection) coupled with the traditional basenotes' style of "let me add my 2 cents before I read anything beyond the title" (thereby continuing the thread).

Not to mention when the huddler site got shut down and every post from May was suddenly the most recent thread and we had to wade through several months of this constantly happening, as if it was the norm. People were continuing conversations from 6 months ago as if they occurred hours ago.

24 Gold by Scentstory
    "Mama used to bathe me in Youth Dew bath oil."

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Endymion by Penhaligons is yet another more or less underrated gem- a complex, yet balanced association of cocoa/chocolate, mocha, even milky/creamy and sage notes, all in one fragrance.
    One of my all time faves (Endymion) and one of the albeit few "fairly expensive" things I own. I like several of the Penhaligon's line though and may be getting a couple more of them and a back-up of Endymion in the near future.

AMen

New Haarlem and take a look at my top ten. Ambre Narguille, Pure Malt and 1270 are really good too.
    My current top ten:
    1. Spice and Wood
    2. Dior Homme Parfum
    3. Tonka Imperiale
    4. Pure Malt
    5. Bois d'Argent
    6. Noir de Noir
    7. Apple Brandy
    8. 5 o'clock au Gingembre
    9. Epic Man
    10.Tobacco Vanille

Demeter Cotton Candy.

Gourmands that I like

"Nature and all her wonders guide me...Emotions find expression in fragrance. Fragrance is the music of my dreams. Fragrance is my inspiration." - Annick Goutal